• What I’m Loving Lately III

January 30, 2014

Good morning! Happy Thursday!

Here’s another edition of What I’m Loving Lately!

Food Should Taste Good Guacamole Chips

I’m totally and utterly obsessed with these guacamole tortilla chips from Food Should Taste Good. They’re seriously incredible. They’re made with cilantro, real avocados and spicy serrano peppers, and they really, truly taste like it.

Before I tried these chips, I actually thought they’d taste a little bland. Well, not bland, but mild like mashed avocado or a mellow guacamole. Well, these chips are just the opposite. They have a ton of flavor and a seriously spicy kick at the end. They’re perfect alone or with salsa or even guacamole. Double guac? Now we’re talking!

A huge thank you to the folks at Food Should Taste Good, who sent me these chips to try. It was a nice surprise receiving them in the mail (I guess I’m on a blogger list or something?) and, boy, they are delicious!! I will definitely buy them in the future.

photo

Late Night With Jimmy Fallon

A few weeks ago, Mal and I were up late, trying to find something to watch on TV, and we stumbled upon an episode of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. We immediately found ourselves cracking up and really enjoying the show, so we started to DVR it. Ever since then, we haven’t missed an episode, and it is definitely becoming one of my favorites. Jimmy Fallon seems like such a cool guy, and he’s so darn funny. I love his banter with the other show members/band and, of course, his thank you notes are hilarious. I truly look forward to watching every episode.

jimmyfallon

Carter’s Baby Clothes

Ever since I bought Jen a couple of adorable, preppy onesie sets for her baby shower (orange with little whales and yellow with little anchors), I’ve loved checking out what else Carter’s has to offer. Their prices are reasonable and just about everything they carry is absolutely adorable. Examples: Overalls with little green turtles, stripped hoodie with sweatpants (this one is similar with a whale on the front), and a set of football onesies, which are cute, not goofy like some of the football stuff is for babies.

Under The Sea

Peanut Butter Ginger Chews + UM-BANANA

My friend Monica set me a little care package the other day and inside was a bag of Chimes Peanut Butter Ginger Chews and an UM-BANANA. It was such a fun surprise!

I’m still battling morning sickness at night and these ginger chews seem to help a little. Most nights, after dinner, I’ll eat 4 or 5 of them throughout the evening, and I usually feel a bit better. They’re a tasty treat too!

UM-BANANA? Oh, yes! It’s a banana-size umbrella, and it’s SO COOL! Thank you, Monica!

Treat Ball

Oh my gosh, this treat ball… it’s endless hours of fun! I can’t even explain how mental Murphy goes for this thing, and it keeps him entertained for awhile, which is especially nice on snow days or when we can’t go for a long walk in the afternoon. It helps him get out some of his pug energy!

The treat ball has an adjustable piece inside, so you can use just about any size treat with it. (I’ve been using Murphy’s dog food as treats.) Then, you screw it together and give it to your dog, who tries to figure out how to get the treats out.

Murphy is highly motivated by food, so he went nuts for it. Absolutely nuts and running all over the house with it…

And every time a treat fell out, he got even more into it!

At one point, I saw a treat fly into the air, a good 4 feet high, because Murphy spun the ball so hard and fast! Haha! It was so entertaining to watch.

I eventually left Murphy alone with the treat ball while I went to do some work in my office. I could hear him scampering around the house and having a grand ol’ time with it. But, then, I suddenly heard whimpering.

Murphy’s treat ball was stuck on the heat grate in the dining room, and he was afraid to get it. Haha! Poor pug. His life is so hard.

Wayfair Fitness Giveaway

Thanks to everyone who entered to win a 3-piece kettlebell set and new gym bag from Wayfair! Here’s your winner:

Mallory

Love the green….and need a new gym bag desperately!

Congrats, Mallory! Please email me at tina@carrotsncake.com with your full name and mailing address to claim your prize!

Questions of the Day

What new snack are you loving lately?

What TV show are you loving lately?

What toy/treat does your dog go mental over?

Danica @ It's Progression January 30, 2014 at 1:02 pm

Have you tried the Food Should Taste Good Lime chips?! Love those.

Hillary | Nutrition Nut on the Run January 30, 2014 at 1:07 pm

lovin’ KIND low-sugar bars!

Aimee - funfitgirl January 30, 2014 at 1:43 pm

Those chips look delicious!

I’ve been really just on an apple and almond butter kick lately. One of my favorite snacks.

Our puppy is not food motivated at ALL…so it’s very hard to keep him mentally occupied. He’s always “play with me, play with me”

erica January 30, 2014 at 1:47 pm

I’m loving Trader Joe’s savory crackers! I can eat a whole pack in a day.
    my dog goes nuts for bully sticks!!!

Abi@AbsofSteel January 30, 2014 at 1:58 pm

The guacamole flavored chips and the um-banana both just blew my mind! Major props to who ever came up with those ideas.

Tina January 30, 2014 at 2:11 pm

Seriously!

jen January 30, 2014 at 2:04 pm

love Food Should Taste Good there multigrain chips are so good, I’ll have to check out the treat ball, I got this toy for my dog last Christmas and he loves it as tennis balls are his fav. its so funny watching him trying to get out whatever we stuff in there! http://www.amazon.com/Kyjen-2451-Cagey-Puzzle-Training/dp/B0081XIAOQ/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1391108595&sr=8-14&keywords=dog+puzzle

Tina January 30, 2014 at 2:11 pm

That looks fun!!

Kristy @ Kristy's Health Revolution January 30, 2014 at 2:05 pm

My dog has a treat ball, too, and he’s way too good at getting the treats out. As soon as he gets them all out, he grabs it in his mouth and starts dropping it off of furniture until we fill it again. -_-

Jamie @ Dishing Out Health January 30, 2014 at 2:05 pm

Murphy’s face makes me melt! Haha I am actually loving avocado chocolate smoothies… I posted my new fav recipe on my blog yesterday and have had it every morning so far this week. Such an amazing combo!

Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food January 30, 2014 at 2:12 pm

Those guacamole chips look amazing! I eat the sweet potato tortilla chips by them all the time!

Ashley January 30, 2014 at 2:23 pm

I am love love LOVING cantaloupe lately — can’t get enough!

Ashley @ Brocblog January 30, 2014 at 2:39 pm

I’m so excited for Jimmy to move to the Tonight Show. I think he’s amazing but I’m such an old lady and I hate staying up to watch him so I’m pumped that in just a few weeks he’ll be the same old dude just earlier in the evening.

Jenn January 30, 2014 at 2:45 pm

Get your Late Night with Jimmy fix in soon b/c he’s soon ending that show and starting to host the Tonight Show. :)

Tina January 30, 2014 at 2:52 pm

He’s mentioned that a few times! ;)

Livi January 30, 2014 at 2:50 pm

I am loving Kind granola, and salsa + chips!

paj January 30, 2014 at 2:51 pm

Trader Joes also has really good ginger chews.

Tina January 30, 2014 at 2:52 pm

Good to know! Thanks! :)

Heather January 30, 2014 at 2:59 pm

Carter’s does have cute things, especially when they are really little. They also have good coupons and sales, so no need to pay full price ever! Other inexpensive stores I like for boys are: baby gap (again, awesome sales) and old navy, H&M kids, and RUUM. I also love baby bode, but it’s pretty pricy unless there is a sale. Dressing boys can be lots of fun! Oh and you have to get a onesie with a bow tie attachment if you have a special occasion this summer. :)

Tina January 30, 2014 at 3:01 pm

Haha! Will do! :)

Kylie January 30, 2014 at 3:01 pm

I’m loving Quest bars and Justin’s nut butter squeeze packs! Delish :)

Sarah @ Sweet Miles January 30, 2014 at 3:02 pm

Our lab puppy LOVES Dentastix, and will sprint across the house when she hears us unzip the bag! She loves to chew on them and it makes her breathe smell good!

Brittney @ Sweets 'N' Greens January 30, 2014 at 4:45 pm

I love Chimes ginger chews! I always get the citrus kind, I had no idea they had peanut butter too. I’ll have to look for it!

Tricia@ Balance In Progress January 30, 2014 at 4:46 pm

I’m loving plantain chips with garlic hummus. Both from trader joes. Yum! The chips are also delicious with guacamole.

Lizzy @ Lizzy lives in LA January 30, 2014 at 4:47 pm

Murphy is such a goof! My current favorite shows are: The Goldberg’s (they nail the 80’s) and Bob’s Burgers. It kind of blows Family Guy out of the water haha.

Chrissy January 30, 2014 at 4:55 pm

I love Jimmy Fallon. I never understand when people say he’s not funny. I watch #hashtags videos on YouTube and laugh so hard I cry. The best one is #worstcarieverhad.

Carly January 30, 2014 at 6:46 pm

This sounds silly but it helped me with morning sickness. Just have a lime on hand and when you start to feel sick smell the lime. No need to eat it or peel it, just make sure it is a nice smelly one. Maybe with thin skin and a little yellowing on the outside. Not kidding, it works.

Mandy A January 30, 2014 at 8:08 pm

I am on a mission to find those chips!!! YUM!!!

Courtney @ Don't Blink. Just Run. January 30, 2014 at 8:19 pm

That treat ball is awesome! I love his face when it’s stuck in the grate. Priceless!

We just recently started DVR’ing the show too, maybe a month or so ago and then found out he was taking over the Tonight Show or whatever in February. Will have to switch up the DVR then!

And a new snack…hmmm…I really like the Trader Joe’s coconut chips I just found the other day.

lauren@golaurengo January 30, 2014 at 8:32 pm

Oh, I like that banana umbrella!

claire farren January 30, 2014 at 9:13 pm

Carter’s has some of the best quality clothes for babies. Their white onsies are great and not see through like some others, and all their sweat pants are very durable. I saw this as a mom of a toddler who lives in their sweat pants at daycare, he falls all the time but not one hole in them. Love carters stuff.

Karissa January 30, 2014 at 10:03 pm

Hmmm new snack – lol those creamy cookie dough bites you posted a recipe for! I made a double batch and added flaxseed so they’re available in the fridge if I want a sweet treat without being too unhealthy.

The TV show I’m addicted to right now isn’t really new, but I’ve been watching a lot of Psych reruns on netflix!

I need to get my Aussie another treat ball! The last one wasn’t very durable … ‘nough said lol

Kate January 30, 2014 at 11:06 pm

I can’t get enough of the Kind Dark Chocolate, Nuts, and Sea Salt Bars…YUM!!! My pug goes bananas over those femur bones filled with marrow or peanut butter…keeps her busy for hours!!! Love it!

Cara's Healthy Cravings January 31, 2014 at 7:13 am

I would definitely dip those chips in Guac, double the goodness!

Shows I am into right now: Nashville, Reign and The Bachelor (my guilty pleasure!)

Ashley @ Saving Money in your Twenties January 31, 2014 at 8:09 am

A banana sized umbrella?! Who comes up with this stuff!!? My bf and I have gotten hooked on the new Real World season… sooo trashy yet so amazing :)

Katrine January 31, 2014 at 8:23 am

I absolutely love these posts. Keep them coming!

Captain Competition January 31, 2014 at 9:31 am

So, you are not the first person to say this ‘Jim Fallon’ fellow is humorous. I’m not one to jump into a new TV show without a recommendation (and this has been recommended a number of times now). Guess it is time to get with the cool kids and watch.
    Daily Show w/ John Stewart has been exceptional lately.

Kelly H-Y January 31, 2014 at 8:00 pm

Oh, wow … can’t wait for the FSTG Guacamole chips to come into the stores here! My favorite one of theirs right now is Lime … which I usually enjoy dipped in Guacamole … so those sound perfect! Aren’t dogs the best … it’s hilarious to watch them figure things out!

Katie sB January 31, 2014 at 11:41 pm

Murphy always makes me smile! I want to get one of those for my pug.

sarah @makingitmyhome.blogspot.com February 1, 2014 at 2:27 pm

on impulse, i bought mulder a rubber Gumby dog toy. HE LOVES IT!

Christy @ Sparkles & Spinach February 13, 2014 at 2:47 pm

I love Food Should Taste Good! These chips sound Amazing!!!! And I also love Jimmy Fallon. He’s so funny, even his smirk makes me laugh. He’s cute too!! Have you ever watched his lyp-sync stuff? If you haven’t, you need to YouTube “Jimmy Fallon & John Krasinksi” You’re welcome! ; )