• Week 3 Challenge: Try a New Healthy Recipe

January 10, 2014

It’s week 3, baby! And your challenge is to try a new healthy recipe and report back to CNC with how it turned out, so we can all try it (if it’s a good one, of course)! Winking smile

week 3 try a new recipe

For this week’s challenge, break out your cookbooks, review your Pinterest boards, and pursue your favorite food blogs to find a new, healthy, and delicious-sounding recipe to try. Anything goes! And, once again, I encourage you to think outside of the box and get creative… try a new ingredient or cuisine, cook with friends or your kids, or even develop your own brand new recipe. Hey, have fun with it!

Here are some helpful resources to get you started this week:

This week is kind of low-key, but you can further challenge yourself my taking on the challenges from week 1 and 2: keep a food journal and log four workouts. C’mon, get healthy and stay healthy! Good luck!

What’s your favorite website/blog for healthy, delicious recipes?

Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat January 10, 2014 at 9:10 am

I try new recipes all the time! I get a lot of my new recipes from Pinterest and other blogs that I read. My husband always says…we never had the same meal twice! Ha! I just love trying new things!

Stacey January 10, 2014 at 9:19 am

I like Eat, Live, Run for healthy and delicious recipes….I also love love love your recipe for Cheesy Brussels Sprouts and Sausage–so simple, yet so delicious–it’s a regular for lunch for me :)

Sara @ LovingOnTheRun January 10, 2014 at 9:22 am

I have so many blogs that I read – I love to browse them all and when I see a recipe I love I bookmark it so when I need something new I have so many options!

Sanaz @Run for Cake January 10, 2014 at 9:43 am

Not a fair question! There are so many blogs with great recipes. One of my go-to’s is probably skinnytaste.com. I love all of Gina’s recipes but this is just one of many good ones.

Linda @ running4two January 10, 2014 at 9:45 am

Yours of course. :) Skinny Taste also has a lot of fun stuff.

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats January 10, 2014 at 9:54 am

Haha Real Simple might be perfect for me! I get a lot of recipes from Pinterest, but if a recipe has too many ingredients, it’s just overwhelming to me!

FitBritt@MyOwnBalance January 10, 2014 at 10:03 am

There are so many good ones! I love The Healthy Maven, Making Thyme for Health, Skinnytaste & Iowa Girl Eats!

Abi@AbsofSteel January 10, 2014 at 10:52 am

I love Iowa Girl Eats, she always has the most delicious looking recipes!

Taylor @ Food Faith Fitness January 10, 2014 at 10:52 am

I love trying new recipes. I think that I have made my hubby the same meal once in the year that we have been married! I love Running to the Kitchen, The Healthy Maven and The Healthy Foodie!

Liz @ Tip Top Shape January 10, 2014 at 10:59 am

I love Eat, Live Run – I go there a lot for recipes. I also love Annie’s Eats. They aren’t always healthy (especially not the desserts!) but her recipes always turn out delicious.

Theresa January 10, 2014 at 12:03 pm

I love trying new recipes! It’s almost like a hobby, I love finding new recipes on Pinterest or from fellow bloggers! I just posted a recipe for a lightened up Starbucks Tarragon Chicken Salad on my blog today. I hope you have a great weekend!

Amelia January 10, 2014 at 12:28 pm

There are, like, a ton. Lately I love Skinny Taste, SkinnyMs. and I just found Yummy Healthy Easy which looks good too. Pinterest is my other go-to.

Sara @ Zero to Sixty January 10, 2014 at 12:37 pm

Prevention RD hands down… http://www.preventionrd.com/

Kate @ Coffee with Kate January 10, 2014 at 12:40 pm

Although not a blog, I think Pinterest is my ultimate resource for any and all things. I love it so much because it’s powered a lot by blogs and you can find so much information on just about any topic — especially baking and cooking!

Stephanie @ Whole Health Dork January 10, 2014 at 12:41 pm

Trying a new recipe a week is one of my goals for this year, so I’m definitely in on this challenge! I have way too many items pinned on Pinterest, and lots of good cooking books at home.
    My brother just gave me “How to Cook Everything Vegetarian: Simple Meatless Recipes for Great Food” by Mark Bittman (even though I’m not a vegetarian) because he said it has some of the best recipes. He said his other cookbooks are good as well. I also love Real Simple’s recipes, as you pointed out. They are, generally, pretty simple!

Becki @ Bites 'n Brews January 10, 2014 at 12:42 pm

I love Angela of Oh She Glows. Having a bunch of vegans in the family is hard to cook for, but she’s got a great variety that even the carnivores enjoy!

Jackie January 10, 2014 at 1:17 pm

Trying one tomorrow!!

Brittney @ Sweets 'N' Greens January 10, 2014 at 1:48 pm

I love SkinnyTaste! I was actually searching for some new recipes online this morning before I saw this :)

Zahra@MusicandMarathons January 10, 2014 at 1:50 pm

Best health food ever: Stir-Fried Bok Choy. Its so easy and it taste super good. No recipe because you just stir-fry bok choy, sprinkle with salt. I like to get Paleo recipes off of http://paleomg.com/. The pictures are really nice and the recipes easy to read.

Jessica w January 10, 2014 at 2:26 pm

This morning I tried your 2 ingredient pancake recipe with blue berries, and they were AMAZING. I also this week tried your french toast scramble, and I am hooked! Thank you for posting those.

Tina January 10, 2014 at 2:27 pm

So glad you liked them!! :)

Carol January 10, 2014 at 3:54 pm

I find so many new and imaginative recipes by just searching blogs. I’ll search my favorites and pass on the some of he ones I think are the best which everybody can try.

Peach January 10, 2014 at 4:27 pm

Yours, PaleOMG, skinnytaste and clean eating mag. My new recipe for the week is this one, tonight! http://paleomg.com/almost-5-ingredient-pizza-spaghetti-pie/

Tina January 10, 2014 at 5:41 pm

I’ve been meaning to try that recipe!

Ellen Renee January 10, 2014 at 6:47 pm

Skinnytaste, Emily Bites, Kalyns Kitchen, The Yummy Life are my go-to’s for healthy recipes.

Rose January 10, 2014 at 7:02 pm

Pinterest is now my favorite but I still like Food Network. Just tried this one tonight and it was delicious : http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/sweet-n-spicy-shrimp-lettuce-tacos-recipe/index.html

Livi January 11, 2014 at 6:55 am

so great! I always say I’m going to try more of the recipes I pin but I never do!

Annie @ Annie Get Your Run January 11, 2014 at 10:33 am

I like Anne’s blog at http://www.fannetasticfood.com. In addition to a great name, she’s also a registered dietitian and her recipes are healthy without always tasting too “green” if ya know what I mean!

Ashley @ Saving Money in your Twenties January 11, 2014 at 12:40 pm

I love allrecipes.com! There are always so many reviews on the recipes so you can really find out if it’s worth your time to make :)

Jenn@ Mark My Mile! January 12, 2014 at 7:30 am

I love the real simple recipes that require 5 ingredients or less. I find that when some include too many, it can become costly!

Niki January 14, 2014 at 2:18 pm

Lentils…for me it’s all about lentils!