• Week 2 Challenge: Log Four Workouts

January 3, 2014

Are you ready for week 2? Here’s your challenge:

week 2 log 4 workouts

For this week’s challenge, get your booty in gear for FOUR workouts. The type and duration is totally up to you. We all have different fitness levels and preferences, so base this challenge off your current exercise regimen. A few examples…

• If you typically work out 3 times per week, add a 4th workout this week.
    • If you already work out 4 times per week, make one of those sessions 15 minutes longer.
    • If you already work out 5 times per week, make your 5th workout something totally new and different—and think outside the box! Try a new group exercise class, go outside (or inside) for your workout, join a friend for one of her workouts, clean your entire house but stop every 7 minutes to do a set of plyometrics… you get the idea. Mix it up and report back!

Here are three of my top tips for this week:

• Sometime this weekend, sit down and schedule your four workout sessions for this week. Pull out your calendar, maybe even the group exercise schedule at your gym, and plan out when exactly you will work out. Set up your sweat sessions just like regular appointments that can’t be missed! And here’s why this is key to fitness motivation!
    • Get specific with your workouts! For example: Monday = Body Pump, Tuesday = 3 miles on the treadmill, Wednesday = off, Thursday = Body Pump, Friday = 20 minutes of yoga + 15 minutes of core work at home, Saturday = off. That way, you get a variety of workouts in your week and you’re more likely to stick to them because you can prepare yourself ahead of time for them.
    • Just do it. Don’t feel like working out? Turn your brain on autopilot, put on your workout clothes, and get your butt in gear. If you start thinking about how tired you are or everything you need to do at home, you will inevitably delay your workout and/or skip it all together. Just shut off your brain and GO WORK OUT! Simply starting your workout is more than half the battle!

More motivation from posts I’ve written in the past:

Some workouts to try this week:

full-body_crossfit-inspired_workout_001

at-home_chipper

30-minute_pyramid_treadmill_workout.png-w=350&h=674

99WOD

burn_baby_WOD

run_burpee_run_workout

WarmUpWOD

10-Minute HIIT workout

And there are even more workouts on my Pinterest boards: CrossFit-Inspired Workouts and Treadmill & Elliptical Workouts.

Ok, I think that’s everything!

Happy sweating this week!

Shel@PeachyPalate January 3, 2014 at 5:07 pm

Lots of great ones there!! Did a 12 days of Christmas workout this morning…a little late but 100% inspired by your crossfit session! Loved it!

Linda @ running4two January 3, 2014 at 5:20 pm

I have totally used some of your at home workouts before. Very convenient when you can’t get to the gym and you need a “quick and dirty” workout. :)

Erica January 3, 2014 at 5:31 pm

I just started reading your blog and like your workouts. I did the “run burpee run” yesterday! How long does that usually take you?

Tina January 4, 2014 at 12:41 pm

I don’t remember. Sorry!

Abi@AbsofSteel January 3, 2014 at 5:32 pm

yay, this one will be fun! I already workout pretty consistently so I will have fun trying out new types of strength workouts this week, I’ve been having a lot of fun playing with my new kettlebell so maybe I will do one of your kettlebell workout pins.

Brenda @ Bren There January 3, 2014 at 5:35 pm

I typically just go to my box 4-5 a week so this should be interesting to see what I come up with instead for a fifth workout! Does shovelling the driveway count? With the way snow is coming down, it’s felt like a nonstop workout trying to keep it clean without a snowblower!

Tina January 4, 2014 at 12:41 pm

Shoveling snow definitely counts!!

M January 3, 2014 at 5:44 pm

Thanks for the workouts. I’m going to try to incorporate two of these next week. I need the cross training. Questions- do you know of a good website that has videos on how to do some of these. I have no idea what an air squat is but it sounds fun!
    Thanks!

Tina January 4, 2014 at 12:39 pm

If you click on the workout images, most of them link to posts with explanations and/or video instruction! 😄

Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves January 3, 2014 at 6:01 pm

These are all awesome-looking workouts! Once I start increasing the intensity of my workouts again, I’ll definitely try some of these!

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats January 3, 2014 at 6:25 pm

Scheduling workouts at the beginning of the week is so helpful for me – it makes it harder to skip when I know exactly what my plan is rather than just “workout”

Brittney @ Sweets 'N' Greens January 3, 2014 at 6:25 pm

Love this challenge! I already work out 5 days a week, so I’m thinking this is the perfect time to hit one of my resolutions and head to a yoga class :)

Sabrina @ Coffee with Sabrina January 3, 2014 at 6:42 pm

This challene

Jen January 3, 2014 at 7:38 pm

Wow what a great list! Perfect for when you can’t make it to CrossFit because of snow (like today) or even traveling.

Karen January 3, 2014 at 8:18 pm

Joined a new gym that one of my friends goes too and that has helped me so much. We plan to meet and neither one wants to let the other down.

Sara @ LovingOnTheRun January 3, 2014 at 8:44 pm

Love these! today was a rest day for me but I will be back in the gym tomorrow and ready to go! So far so good in 2014!

Lyric January 3, 2014 at 9:48 pm

Im a huge fan of at home workouts and love the “99″ workout. Its the perfect balance of strength training & running!

Livi January 3, 2014 at 10:05 pm

Can’t wait– I’m going to try a new workout!

Lyndsay January 3, 2014 at 10:56 pm

Thank you so much for all of these workouts, I can’t wait to try them out!!

Martina January 4, 2014 at 6:40 am

great workouts. Havent tried any of them before, but I will maybe do them next week instead of my usual workouts. Also for any different workouts check out Nike and traing club app (NTC). Great workouts!!

Molly January 4, 2014 at 8:24 am

Hi Tina! I love this idea and congratulations on your new family member to be!! Being a fellow crossfitter and pregnant I was hoping that maybe you would log more about your workout/ modifications etc.. There is very little online about pregnant women crossfitting and their workouts so it would be awesome to have another resource. Maybe you could just put it under a different section so those that aren’t crossfitting aren’t inundated with it ;). Thanks so much!!

Tina January 4, 2014 at 9:25 am

I’ve been noting modifications in my workouts (although there haven’t been many yet), but I will continue to do so as I get big and belly-y! 😄 Also, check out CrossFitMom.com if you haven’t yet!!

Molly January 4, 2014 at 1:43 pm

@Tina: awesome!! Thanks so much-I really love your blog!

Elizabeth @ Positive Change January 4, 2014 at 8:29 am

I have a marathon in a week and I can’t wait to try someone of these workouts after the marathon! I will being doing week 2 next week, right now I am tapering!

Kelsey @ Ramblings of Change January 4, 2014 at 8:57 am

Thank you for sharing all of these amazing workouts! Travelling to Florida and don’t know how much I’ll be able to drop in for CF workouts – these will help!

Katelyn January 4, 2014 at 11:42 am

Great post! Thanks for all the motivating ideas and especially for the at home workouts. I’m in Indiana and will likely be snowed in about 24 hours from now, so I’ll be sweating from home! :)

Ashley @ Saving Money in your Twenties January 4, 2014 at 3:58 pm

Love this challenge! I’ve been trying to get back into working out… I have realized that it’s so much easier to schedule workouts ahead of time! Instead of wasting time trying to decide what to do, I just look at my daily planner and do whatever’s written! :)

Ashley @ Power, Love, and Self Discipline January 4, 2014 at 5:05 pm

Such great workouts!!! Thanks for the motivation to try some new classes out!

Christina @ The Beautiful Balance January 5, 2014 at 11:09 pm

Can’t wait to try the at-home-chipper!

Stephanie January 6, 2014 at 12:44 pm

I’m in! Already logged a workout yesterday, going today, planning on tomorrow, Thursday, and Saturday. Friday will be a bonus if I can fit it in as I’m headed to Body Worlds Faneuil Hall that day. If you haven’t seen it, I highly recommend (from when I saw it about 7 years ago).

Thanks for posting the workout inspirations!

Amelia January 6, 2014 at 2:04 pm

Wow – just what I needed especially your bullet point on Just Do It! Wish I had read that one over my very sluggish, drag-myself-out-of-bed weekend. Ha! I got over it this morning when I pushed myself to the gym. Thanks for all the motivators! I’m on it now!

Kylie January 6, 2014 at 2:08 pm

Tina, I love that you are doing these weekly challenges. I downloaded the MyFitnessPal app and wow! You’re right, I was blown away. I thought it would be super tedious to log everything in, but the app is super user-friendly and I love reading the nutrition breakdowns! Thanks for the suggestion. :)

Jennifer January 6, 2014 at 6:37 pm

I tried your Cheesy Brussel Sprouts with Sausage recipe, and it was delicious!! Thank you!

Tina January 6, 2014 at 6:44 pm

So glad you liked it!! 😄

Sara K January 7, 2014 at 11:01 am

Thanks for this post with great workouts! I did the HITT last night by doing a few rounds and adding some extra ab workouts. I did each for a min with no rest. It was fun to do while I watching Tv!

Kelsey at The Primal Yogi January 9, 2014 at 4:33 pm

Awesome post! I was just scouring the web for a good HIIT workout to do at the gym tonight…should have figured I could count on you!