• I’m Busting Out of My Jeans

January 9, 2014

My jeans are getting ridiculously tight. I can still button and zip them, but just barely. And, of course, they’re not very comfortable.

busting_out_of_my_jeans

Hellooooo, baby bump!

jeans_=_so_tight_

I know all about the hair tie trick for your jeans, but I’m not crazy about it. I mean, it works and all, but I feel like my pants are going to fall down if they’re not actually buttoned. I also looked into the whole Belly Band thing, but I’ve heard mixed reviews: they’re the best thing ever and they don’t really work (because they ride up and roll down, so you end up adjusting yourself all the time). A few of my mommy friends told me I should just skip right to maternity clothes because they’re a lot more comfortable and stylish. I don’t know what to do, but I need to do it ASAP. My clothes barely fit!

Health News & Views

New year, new resolutions! For many of us this means eating right and regularly exercising, which often translates into crowded gyms and ultimately frustration if you can’t work out how and when you want to.

January is most definitely a busy time of year for health clubs, but instead of getting upset about the crowded gym, here are five ways to cope.

Crowded Gym? 5 Ways to Cope

join-gym-near-work-400x400

How to Keep the Weight Off For Good

On Tuesday afternoon, I participated in a Google hangout with some other healthy living bloggers about weight maintenance and how to keep off the pounds for good. Everyone who participated had wonderful tips and ideas (both smart and realistic), so I hope you decide to check it out!

How do you deal with crowded gyms?

Mommies and mommies-to-be: Thoughts on the belly band? Yay or nay? Should I just go right to maternity clothes?

P.S. I read this article the other day and absolutely loved it—just wanted to share: 6 Lessons on Living Longer and Staying Sharp From a Nonagenarian Track Star. I’m kind of obsessed with the idea of being in my 80s or 90s and still CrossFitting and running road races. Fitness for life!

jen January 9, 2014 at 11:55 pm

I don’t have kids but when I was on the dreaded prednisone, my stomach was so swollen that regular jeans just didn’t fit or feel very comfortable. So I ended up buying a few pairs of maternity jeans at kohl’s, they don’t have a huge selection but there priced well and look great.

Jenn@ Mark My Mile! January 10, 2014 at 6:33 am

I went straight to maternity pants because sweat pants and yoga pants were not an option for work. I gained more than the recommended “25 to 35″ pounds and felt most comfortable in pants that fit. Old Navy and Target were my “go to” places. Really cheap maternity clothes on clearance. I have some I can sell you really cheap : )

Tasha January 10, 2014 at 7:39 am

I never did the hair tie trick. The BeBand rocks! I started keeping my pants unbuttoned and wearing the band instead. I’m still wearing my bands at 36 weeks to help keep my maternity pants up. They’re really great. If you decide you like them, definitely get more than one. I ended up buying all three colors that they carry at my Target (black, white and tan). Worth it.

LISAG January 10, 2014 at 8:17 am

Yes go to the maternity pants, you’ll probably shout hallelujah the first time you wear them. My first pregnancy, I refused to do it, once I did, it was the best thing ever. With my 2nd preg, I wasn’t as stubborn. The only issue is if you still “small” not showing as much, the prego pants will probably be kinda big, meaning saggy but syndrome, ugh!!

Tried the band first time around, hated it. Did the elastic thing a few times, it was ok, but I agree, the pants felt like they would fall down.

Good Luck! Congratulations!

Tricia January 10, 2014 at 8:35 am

Honestly maternity clothes are great now. Just go for it!

Pia January 10, 2014 at 11:12 am

I did the band for post maternity and maternity clothes while pregnant. I liked them both.

C January 10, 2014 at 3:46 pm

Nay on belly band, go for maternity jeans. H&M jeans and old navy jeans are great, motherhood jeans are eh at best. Enjoy!!

Tiffany January 10, 2014 at 8:39 pm

Belly band is awful. Maternity clothing is so much more comfortable than anything. With my first pregnancy, I didn’t really show until 22 weeks or so, but I took full advantage of wearing maternity clothes starting at 8 weeks.

Megan Infantino January 11, 2014 at 12:56 pm

Go for the belly band.

Carrie January 11, 2014 at 10:09 pm

I remember that feeling! One of my best recommendations for pregnancy is not to buy pregnancy clothes. They are glorious and the earlier you get them, the more comfortable you’ll be and the more use they’ll get. :)

Lee January 12, 2014 at 8:47 am

I hated the Bella Band. My pants would still fall down with it on and I felt like people could see that they were unbuttoned even with the band and a shirt on top of it.

I’m 36 weeks tomorrow and pretty much live in Motherhood Maternity leggings and Old Navy Maternity Skinny Jeans. A word of advice about the ON ones – they aren’t really skinny, more like straight leg, but they’re really comfortable.

Annie Atherton January 13, 2014 at 8:45 am

I really liked wearing maternity jeans that had the stretchy skin colored part that went completely up over my bump, anything else felt like it was going to fall down!

Becky M January 13, 2014 at 9:52 am

If you still want to use your old jeans, you can use a rubberband or hair tie to extend the button and button hold a little bit. Just put the hair tie through the button hold and wrap both ends around the button and it gives you and extra inch or so.

Also, for maternity jeans, I really like H&M maternity jeans. However, you may want to try a half panel jeans. The full panel wouldn’t stay up and looked all bunchy until my bump was much bigger than yours.

Annie January 15, 2014 at 3:24 pm

I actually LOVED maternity clothes!! It was an excuse to get a bunch of cute new things – I don’t understand this new trend of squeezing in there non-maternity stuff when there are super cheap and cute options out there. Old Navy has fantastic maternity jeans for less than $20!

Z January 16, 2014 at 12:55 pm

Haha – welcome to the real world, Tina! Of course you’re jeans are tight – you are pregnant.

April January 16, 2014 at 11:47 pm

I am 17 weeks and not quite showing but most of my pants are too tight. I’ve been wearing a lot of dresses, leggings and have one pair of Old Navy maternity leggings with the low band. It feels too early for the full band right now. It’s an awkward stage! I was interested to hear what people think of the Belly Band because I have been thinking of trying one out…