I just wanted to do a little recap of our 24 Days of Togetherness so far since I haven’t blogged about it everyday, but want to remember our experience!
- December 1: Bake sugar cookies
- December 2: Give each other 10-minute massages
- December 3: Dress Murphy in holiday garb and snap a photo of him
- December 4: Get Lime Leaf for dinner
- December 5: Listen to “A Christmas Together” (John Denver & The Muppets)
- December 6: Drink hot cocoa together
- December 7: Make a snowman
- December 8: Make holiday-shaped pancakes
- December 9: Perform an anonymous good deed <— Mal and I just did this last night and there could possibly be a hilarious story that goes along with it, so I will tell you about it soon!
- December 10: Watch a holiday movie (Home Alone or Elf?)
Here are a couple of photos from our recent picks!
There was no snow on Saturday when we picked “make a snowman” (wishful thinking by Mal), so he drew us a snowman on our chalkboard.
We picked “make holiday-shaped pancakes” on Sunday morning right before leaving for the Pats game, so we knew it was unlikely we’d make them, but we have a firm “no throwing back” rule in our house, so we thought maybe we’d eat pancakes for dinner.
Well, we didn’t get home from the game/picking up Murphy until after 9:00 PM, so pancakes didn’t happen on Sunday. I didn’t want to break our 24 Days of Togetherness tradition, so I made them for breakfast this morning. Better late than never!
Ok, they weren’t the prettiest-looking holiday pancakes, but they sure tasted delicious, especially with maple syrup and creamy almond butter spread on top. Mmm… pancakes.
Health News & Views
It’s that time of year again when holiday calories lurk around every corner. Family parties, office get-togethers, Saturday night soirees… you get the picture.
But even if you try to be “good” around the holidays and stick to your healthy habits, you could still be committing diet mistakes that leave you a few pounds heavier come New Year’s. Avoid these December diet blunders!
CVS Twitter Party TONIGHT
My Twitter party with CVS is TONIGHT! We’ll be chatting about snacking during the holiday season. I’ll share my favorite ways to indulge, but not overindulge, and how to snack smartly all season long, no matter what you have planned or where your travels take you. And there will be a number of awesome giveaways to win products from the Gold Emblem line! I hope to see you there!
CVS Gold Emblem Twitter Party
TONIGHT (Tuesday) from 8:00 PM (EST)
Questions of the Day
What holiday tradition do you always keep up with no matter what?
When was the last time you performed an anonymous good deed? What was it?