• I’m Taking a Quick Jaunt to Cabo San Lucas

December 10, 2013

Good morning!!

I can’t believe I haven’t mentioned this until now, but I’m leaving for Cabo San Lucas tomorrow morning to visit the Esperanza Resort.

Activities_PoolOverview

I was invited along with some other media people for a three-day, two-night, all-expenses paid trip. Incredible.

ABFEsperanza_Activities_0002_Entry

The Esperanza Resort was awarded #1 resort, #1 spa, and #1 service by Travel & Leisure in 2010, so I am definitely looking forward to my time there and seeing what it is all about.

1057193.ESP02

And, of course, I’ll be sure to give you guys a full recap once I return home.

Esperanza_Activities_0008_Pool

Oh my gosh, I can’t wait to be there!

Esperanza_Activities_0001_ResortOverview

Here are some pics from yesterday (clockwise from top left):

pics_from_yesterday_

• Our snowy walkway. It snowed overnight! Gah! I’m not ready for winter.
    • Iced almond milk latte with a splash of eggnog. Mmm! So creamy, so delicious! I made it with my new Maestria from Nespresso. That little machine is awesome!
    • Low-calorie, gluten-free brownie with a smear of almond butter on top. The recipe will be on CNC sometime in January. I recently signed on as a spokesperson for the Almond Board of California, and one of my responsibilities is creating almond recipes. I’m so excited about this new gig, and I can’t wait to share my almond creations with you!
    • Leftover Irish nachos. Oh my goodness, they were just as amazing reheated. I definitely want to recreate this recipe at home!

Powerful Beautiful Tees

A few weeks ago, a group of us bloggers (Caitlin, Kath, Emily, Meghann, Theodora, Monica, Gina, Julie, Anne, Janae and I) came together to do something good this holiday season. We created an inspirational t-shirt that carries a wonderful message to all women:

powerful beautiful t-shirt

One-hundred percent of the earned profits from our sales will be donated to the Ladies Empowerment and Action Program {LEAP}, which works to help incarcerated women make positive life changes through entrepreneurship training, education, and mentorship.

The cost of each t-shirt is $18, and it comes in two styles. We hope you’ll purchase a shirt for yourself, girlfriends, sisters, mothers, and anyone else who would appreciate this message and would like to support an amazing women’s cause!

Would you rather take a warm, tropical vacation or a more mild-temperature/cold/snowy vacation?

Katelyn December 10, 2013 at 1:36 pm

warm, tropical for sure! =)

Erin December 10, 2013 at 1:49 pm

It is so cold in Chicago right now I could use a warm getaway! Enjoy your trip =)

Annie@lovelaughrun December 10, 2013 at 1:58 pm

Warm temps all the way! Have fun!!

Gianna @ Run, Lift, Repeat December 10, 2013 at 2:20 pm

Warm warm warm!!! I just got back from a long weekend in West Palm Beach…and am heading back to Florida next Friday for Christmas.
    I totally plan my winters around escaping for long weekends from the cold. I have no tolerance for it in my adult life!
    Have fun and ENJOY!

Shelly December 10, 2013 at 2:47 pm

I am definitely more in favor of warm and tropical vacations. I just got back from Maui on Sunday and wish I was still there! Enjoy Cabo!

Dawn December 10, 2013 at 3:12 pm

Oh my goodness you will LOVE Esperanza. We went for our honeymoon 7 years and haven’t been anywhere else like it. And we live in beautiful Laguna beach in Southern California. The service is phenomenal there.

lindsay December 10, 2013 at 3:55 pm

I live in warm and tropical all year long. I feel very lucky but, being from Buffalo, I miss the snow SO much. I hope to get to the mountains sometime next year. Have a great vaca :D

Maria December 10, 2013 at 4:18 pm

WARM VACAY!!!!! It’s 2 degrees today in Wisconsin. This is rediculous! Have fun, that place looks amazing.

Lisa December 10, 2013 at 7:37 pm

wow, have a great time!! I am so jealous!! :-)

Michele December 10, 2013 at 8:39 pm

I live in Florida and it’s still in the 80′s! In fact, my a/c was only off one day and that was on Thanksgiving when it went into the 60′s…brrr! :) Every time I see snow and ice on the news I think “I don’t know how people live in that.” I’m realllllyyy spoiled!

Ellen Renee December 10, 2013 at 8:42 pm

I am going for the warm tropical option….mostly because we have a couple of inches of ice then 14 inches of snow piled up around here – southern Illinois-with more to come this weekend. Blech!

Cassie December 10, 2013 at 10:18 pm

I would rather be somewhere warm and sunny… so clearly I’m checking out Esperanza right now!

Elisabeth December 11, 2013 at 1:04 am

I need a WARM vacation! I’m in Ohio where it’s under 20 degrees with a 5 degree wind chill…yuck. Oh, and I fell on the ice we got yesterday & ripped up my knew. I do NOT do winter, which is part of why I’m relocating to North Carolina (where at least the winter is much lower key than the Midwest) at the end of this week!

Samantha December 11, 2013 at 8:39 pm

Have fun! I’m jealous.

Amelia December 11, 2013 at 8:49 pm

You will LOVE Esperanza! I’ve never stayed there but visited a friend for the day when we were staying at Rancho Pescadero and it is FABULOUS. Have so much fun, Tina! I’m all about tropical vacations :)

Kendall Covitz December 11, 2013 at 11:25 pm

Have a blast!!! I’m hibernating already!

Allison December 12, 2013 at 10:39 am

Have fun! I’m jealous…at least you’ll be back in time for this weekend’s storm!

Do you keep a running list of your job ‘titles’? Spokesperson for CA Almonds, Ambassador of Laughing Cow, etc. Just thought it would be fun to look at them all lined up ;-)

Brynn December 12, 2013 at 4:23 pm

I love the shirt, what a perfect gift for all of the women in your life. Thank you and the group for creating this shirt.

Jessica @ OrganicallYou December 16, 2013 at 11:33 am

Caribbean vacation for sure. I just got home from an amazing trip two weeks ago and can’t stop thinking about it. The Caribbean WILL be my reality one day.
    I hope you have a blast! I hope one day my blog gets big enough where I will be asked to do cool things like you :) You are such an inspirational blogger whom I aspire to be like! Keep shining! xx

shannon December 16, 2013 at 11:36 pm

is it too late to order a tshirt?