• Christmas 2013

December 27, 2013

Good morning!

I hope you had a very merry Christmas! Murphy agrees and says: “WOOF!”

I can’t believe Christmas is over just like that. It feels like it was just Thanksgiving and we were telling our families about Baby Haupert. Man, those few weeks leading up to Christmas totally flew by, didn’t they? Well, it was a wonderful Christmas for us, and here’s a quick recap!

On Christmas morning, we enjoyed a tasty brunch at my in-laws house. My mother-in-law made an egg-y-cheese-danish bake, which was delicious. We also had bacon, fresh fruit salad, and mimosas (for the not-pregnant-people).

After breakfast, it was time to open Christmas presents. Doesn’t Murphy look psyched?

Well, he definitely got psyched once he saw there was a BarkBox under the tree for him.

OMG, so excited!

Murphy immediately sniffed out the bully stick—his favorite—inside the box!

It kept him entertained for a good 20 minutes or so.

After that, Murphy thought every present that was opened was for him!

After spending the morning at my in-law’s, we headed to my sister’s house to celebrate Christmas with my side of the family.

Well, hello, Matthew! You are the cutest baby ever.

Murphy: What is this little human creature?

Matthew: What is this furry creature? Why doesn’t he have a nose?

More presents for Murphy!

And some for Baby Haupert!

New pink bird!

Snacks!

And Matthew got a new car for Christmas! (He’s laughing at “Crazy Uncle Mal” in this picture!)

I hope your Christmas was a great one!!!

Questions of the Day

How was your Christmas?

What was your favorite present that you gave?

What was your favorite present that you received?

Jenny December 27, 2013 at 9:54 am

Oh my goodness. I LOVE all the pictures of your nephew!!! Such a cutie patootie! My favorite to give was giving our daughter her very own ipod touch. She freaked out. :-)

The husband and I didn’t exchange gifts. He’s building me my dream home which will be done in a few months and then it FURNITURE SHOPPING time!!!! :) That’s gift enough.

Glad you had a wonderful Christmas!

Shel@PeachyPalate December 27, 2013 at 10:18 am

I got my Dad a cool boxing boxset with 21 DVDs…he’s boxing mad but would never buy himself something like that. He loved it and I was so chuffed! :) Got a new Casio digital watch…old style! Love it!

Jolynn @ Lift Pray Love December 27, 2013 at 10:23 am

Aw Matthew is adorable!

I spent Christmas Eve and Christmas day with the flu. Wah wah. But looking at the positive, I’m glad Gavin wasn’t big enough to enjoy this Christmas. Next year will be WAY better.

Jackie December 27, 2013 at 10:42 am

So cute!!! Murph will be a great big brother!!!

Liana@RunToMunch December 27, 2013 at 11:01 am

I had a great christmas with my boyfriend and our families. Best gift I gave? Soda maker, cause I get to use it too! Bwahah. Best present? A weekend away with the vermont marathon in May.

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More December 27, 2013 at 11:32 am

Looks like you guys had a great Christmas!

Becki @ Bites 'n Brews December 27, 2013 at 11:39 am

My parental unit got me a license plate cover with my blog name and URL on it! Merry Christmas to you and your growing family!

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats December 27, 2013 at 11:45 am

Awww murph was too cute opening his presents! My brother’s golden retriever dug into her gifts as well – she loves Christmas! Especially all the people giving her attention… haha

Becky @ Olives n Wine December 27, 2013 at 11:47 am

Oh my goodness, Matthew is so sweet and cute with Murphy in these photos! My dog was also spoiled by his grandparents this Christmas – they have so much fun “opening” presents! :)

sally @ sweat out the small stuff December 27, 2013 at 12:09 pm

I got my friend custom wrapping paper (hope she isn’t reading this because we haven’t exchanged yet =) She is a baker and has a blog called The Rescue Baker and since I had designed her logo and website It was easy for me to do this. I found a place online that you send the logo and they make a repeat pattern out of it. So I got her a few rolls of wrapping paper. This way she can wrap boxes of cookies that she bakes for customers. I love custom gifts.
    I received a $300 visa gift card from my boss which I might buy a new iPhone with. That was the best gift ever!
    Murphy got lots of great stuff! Oh I remember the bully sticks. Duncan was a big fan of those as a puppy. Kept him busy for hours.

Nicole December 27, 2013 at 12:27 pm

Cute! Your nephew is adorable.
    My 2 yr old nephew is afraid of Santa so we had to tell him Rudolph was coming instead of Santa. He bought it and was super excited.
    I received a crock pot…can’t believe I’ve made it this long without one. I’ve already made 3 new recipes.

Elizabeth @ Positive Change December 27, 2013 at 12:30 pm

Your nephew is so cute! So many smiles in this post! LOVE IT!
    I loved giving my mom a iPad and my dad a Fitbit! I was jumping out of my skin waiting to give it to them!
    I got a Mickey Mouse waffle iron, love it!!

Miranda @ Lovely Wife Lovely Life December 27, 2013 at 12:31 pm

My favorite present I received was a necklace from Christian with a moon that said “I love you to the moon and back”. It was so sweet! <3 Favorite present I gave was my gift to my dad: I bought him "500 Coolest Cars of All Time" and it kept him occupied for the rest of the day! Your nephew is way too cute!!!

Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries December 27, 2013 at 12:38 pm

I’m with ya, time just FLEW by this holiday season. Crazy that Christmas is over like that! I can’t believe how big your nephew is getting! He’s such a cutie. Glad you all had a wonderful Christmas. :)

My favorite gift I gave was a “MistleTOES” painting to each of our parents from Hunter. We stamped his little feet in paint and then pressed them on a canvas and decorated it. It turned out super cute, and all of the grandparents LOVED it. My favorite gift I received was new dishware from Crate & Barrel! I’m in love!

megan @ that running girl December 27, 2013 at 12:38 pm

We got our two labs bully sticks for Christmas as well an kept them in their stockings. How they didn’t pull those stockings down before Christmas morning I will never know.

My favorite gift I gave would probably be the gift I gave to or Salvation Army angel. The best gift I got was definitely a wireless SD card for my camera—now I can download photos from my camera straight to my phone. Yea, science! (Breaking Bad reference…)

Devon December 27, 2013 at 1:03 pm

My Christmas was wonderful! I gave my mom a custom iphone case with pictures of her pug on the back! So stinking cute.

Sara @ LovingOnTheRun December 27, 2013 at 1:17 pm

Looks like you all had a great Christmas! I can’t believe you will have a little one next Christmas! So exciting!

I just loved spending time with family! I got some awesome items but honestly the time being able to visit with family was the best!

Bethany December 27, 2013 at 1:39 pm

Our Christmas was great. We are spending it in Whistler, BC. My favorite gift that I gave was a tie that my husband actually liked. My favorite gift that I received was magnets for my car, 26.2 x 4 which was NYC, 26.2 x 5 which will be Boston, and 26.2 x 6 to be named later in 2014.

lauren@golaurengo December 27, 2013 at 1:40 pm

I feel sad its over too! I don’t understand how there is so much build up to it every year and then how it quickly subsides.

Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner December 27, 2013 at 1:41 pm

Your nephew is adorable! Christmas is so fun with little kids. My favorite gift was the horcrux bracelet that my husband got me on Etsy….and the best gift I gave was a Kindle to my brother. I saved it for last and said, “Oh, and just one more little thing.” He was mesmerized.

Alex @ Kenzie Life December 27, 2013 at 2:06 pm

Matthew is so cute! It looks like Murphy has a good time! We got penguins in santa outfits for my dogs and let them open them–I think that was the most fun part of Christmas :)

Abi@AbsofSteel December 27, 2013 at 2:21 pm

wow, your nephew may actually be the cutest baby in the world. I really like your christmas pictures, babies and dogs always do me in :)

Alice @ Daily Sweet Potato December 27, 2013 at 3:13 pm

My Christmas was fun! I love Murphy! He has a perfect expression for all the pictures. So photogenic!

Linda @ running4two December 27, 2013 at 4:03 pm

He really is an adorable baby. :-)

Karla @ Foodologie December 27, 2013 at 4:17 pm

My nephew got the same car for Christmas! I don’t know what he liked more, being strapped in or pushing the thing around (bc he’s just starting to take his first few steps on his own). Adorable!

Monica December 27, 2013 at 6:16 pm

Little Matthew is SO cute. He and baby Haupert are going to be bestest friends!

Karey @ Nutty About Health December 27, 2013 at 8:16 pm

OMG, baby Matthew is pretty darn cute! I’m so glad that Murphy got some great gifts as well – that Barkbox sounds cool! My dog LOVES unwrapping presents & thinks everything is for her too.
    Best thing I gave was a toy smartphone to my baby nephew – he LOVED it!!
    Best thing I received – money so that I could buy my spiralizer to make zoodles & a new body/weight bar. :)

honeywhatscooking December 28, 2013 at 12:24 am

The baby is soooooooooo cute. It’s so cute seeing a baby and a dog interacting. Favorite I received was a Chanel perfume from my husband. :-)

Danica @ It's Progression December 28, 2013 at 2:42 pm

Your nephew really is the cutest!!

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake December 28, 2013 at 3:08 pm

I agree that the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas really flew by! Glad you had a good Christmas!

Brooke@SweetnSweaty December 28, 2013 at 10:19 pm

What do you think of the barkbox? I have two small dogs so would I need 2? 1 for each? They love each other but not sure how sharing would work:)

Brooke

Amelia December 31, 2013 at 1:57 pm

I totally feel like I missed Advent which is my favorite time of year! :( Christmas flew by and here we are with New Year’s Eve. Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas with the cutest nephew and one very excited pug! Happy New Year!