Good morning! I hope you all had a very merry Christmas!
I just wanted share my recap of this year’s 24 Days of Togetherness. I did a pretty good job of documenting each activity that we did together (the corresponding posts are linked below), but there were a number of moments that never made it onto the blog, so I included them below so Mal and I can better remember those times in the future.
- December 1: Bake sugar cookies
- December 2: Give each other 10-minute massages
- December 3: Dress Murphy in holiday garb and snap a photo of him
- December 4: Get Lime Leaf for dinner
- December 5: Listen to “A Christmas Together” (John Denver & The Muppets)
- December 6: Drink hot cocoa
- December 7: Make a snowman
- December 8: Make holiday-shaped pancakes
- December 9: Perform an anonymous good dead
- December 10: Watch a holiday movie together (we watched Love Actually)
- December 11: Buy a holiday decoration for our house
- December 12: Buy each other $5 gifts
- December 13: Buy a Christmas present for Murphy
- December 14: Play Words with Friends
- December 15: Buy a tree topper for our Christmas tree <— we never did this one because we’re bums
- December 16: Drink eggnog
- December 17: Two truths and a lie
- December 18: Buy a Christmas tree
- December 19: Tell each other 3 things we’re excited about
- December 20: Have a fire
- December 21: Write Christmas poems for each other
- December 22: Wear red and green all day
- December 23: Make a Christmas drawing
- December 24: Buy something for Baby H
And here are the ones from the days leading up to Christmas:
December 17: Two truths and a lie
I can’t remember what all of our truths and lies were, but I tricked Mal with one of mine, which included a lie about “almost crying because he beat me at Words with Friends.” (We’re still playing.) Haha!
December 18: Buy a Christmas tree
Um, I have no idea why this one was in there, but we did it… back on December 3rd.
December 19: Tell each other 3 things are excited about
- Mine: Baby Haupert, Christmas, and our Babymoon in February (we’re going to Savannah).
- Mal’s: Baby Haupert, his school vacation, and seeing ONCE next month.
December 20: Have a fire
It was like 50 degrees outside on Friday, so we never had a fire, but we had plenty of them this holiday season!
December 21: Write Christmas poems
December 22: Wear red and green all day
I’m so happy we picked this one on Sunday morning because it worked out perfectly with the Jingle Bell 5K! (My sports bra was lime green!)
December 23: Make a Christmas drawing
On occasion (such as long plane rides or waiting at the doctor’s office), Mal and I play this drawing game where one of us draws a crazy shape and the other person makes it into something with their drawing skills. We decided to play this game for “Make a Christmas drawing” on our kitchen chalk board while cooking dinner. (My shape is on the top and Mal’s is on the bottom. Doesn’t his look a lot like mine? What a copy cat.)
The final product:
Mal is quite the little artist, isn’t he? My gingerbread man is just weird. Haha!
December 24: Buy something for Baby H
(I’ll show you guys next week!)
Questions of the Day
Did you and your family do 24 Days of Togetherness this year? If so, what were some of your favorite days?