• 24 Days of Togetherness Recap

December 26, 2013

Good morning! I hope you all had a very merry Christmas!

I just wanted share my recap of this year’s 24 Days of Togetherness. I did a pretty good job of documenting each activity that we did together (the corresponding posts are linked below), but there were a number of moments that never made it onto the blog, so I included them below so Mal and I can better remember those times in the future.

And here are the ones from the days leading up to Christmas:

December 17: Two truths and a lie

I can’t remember what all of our truths and lies were, but I tricked Mal with one of mine, which included a lie about “almost crying because he beat me at Words with Friends.” (We’re still playing.) Haha!

December 18: Buy a Christmas tree

Um, I have no idea why this one was in there, but we did it… back on December 3rd.

IMG_9169-600x450

December 19: Tell each other 3 things are excited about

• Mine: Baby Haupert, Christmas, and our Babymoon in February (we’re going to Savannah).
    • Mal’s: Baby Haupert, his school vacation, and seeing ONCE next month.

December 20: Have a fire

It was like 50 degrees outside on Friday, so we never had a fire, but we had plenty of them this holiday season!

MG_3733

December 21: Write Christmas poems

December 22: Wear red and green all day

I’m so happy we picked this one on Sunday morning because it worked out perfectly with the Jingle Bell 5K! (My sports bra was lime green!)

IMG_9714-450x600

December 23: Make a Christmas drawing

On occasion (such as long plane rides or waiting at the doctor’s office), Mal and I play this drawing game where one of us draws a crazy shape and the other person makes it into something with their drawing skills. We decided to play this game for “Make a Christmas drawing” on our kitchen chalk board while cooking dinner. (My shape is on the top and Mal’s is on the bottom. Doesn’t his look a lot like mine? What a copy cat.)

The final product:

Mal is quite the little artist, isn’t he? My gingerbread man is just weird. Haha!

December 24: Buy something for Baby H

(I’ll show you guys next week!)

Questions of the Day

Did you and your family do 24 Days of Togetherness this year? If so, what were some of your favorite days?

Lauren @ Focused To Be Fit December 26, 2013 at 9:49 am

What a fun game and both pictures turned out great! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!!

Jen December 26, 2013 at 9:57 am

Merry Christmas! You guys are both pretty clever, I don’t think I would have come up with that, let alone draw it so well. I am impressed.

Jackie December 26, 2013 at 10:19 am

I love this tradition I can’t wait to do it one day!!!!!

Teresa @www.fitinwoodbine.com December 26, 2013 at 10:24 am

Merry Christmas! Love the togetherness idea. I have been seeing this a lot lately and love it. Congrats on baby Haupert! Our daughter is due on June 3!

Katie @ skinnyminniemoves December 26, 2013 at 10:40 am

Wow cute chalkboard pics! lol

Jolynn @ Lift Pray Love December 26, 2013 at 10:44 am

Too fun! I want to talk hubs into doing this next year!

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl December 26, 2013 at 11:04 am

Your drawings are awesome! That game sounds really fun :).

Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves December 26, 2013 at 11:17 am

You guys are awesome artists!! That’s such a fun idea too.
    I’m really liking this 24 Days of Togetherness— I’m going to have to try it one year!

Kimberly December 26, 2013 at 11:37 am

How exciting that y’all are coming to Savannah! I live there :) You should try out The Green Truck Pub. Lots of craft beer (for mal of course) and local produce and beef burgers. Includes homemade pickles and ketchup too! Y’all should stop by Crossfit Shear force too if y’all are looking to get a workout in during (I know y’all like trying out boxes in other cities/states).

Tina December 26, 2013 at 11:40 am

Thanks for the recommendations!

Becky @ Olives n Wine December 26, 2013 at 11:37 am

Oooh a babymoon!!! What a great idea :) And I love your game of drawing while waiting for an appointment or on a plane… I’m totally taking it for the next time I’m sitting somewhere bored!

Ashley December 26, 2013 at 11:52 am

I just got to town on Monday but we’ve done a family movie and are doing a nice downtown chicago adventure tonight.

Miranda @ Lovely Wife Lovely Life December 26, 2013 at 12:09 pm

Love this tradition! Next Christmas, Christian and I will be spending our 1st Christmas as a married couple together and I think this would be such a fun tradition to start! PS- WOW Mal is a great artist!

Dana December 26, 2013 at 12:30 pm

I just wanted to let you know I got a few junk headbands for Christmas, and I’m obsessed already. Thank you for posting about them! Excited to use one in a WOD today :)

Tina December 26, 2013 at 1:04 pm

Yay!!! So glad you like them! 😄

Ganeeban December 26, 2013 at 12:54 pm

That is an awesome game!

Sara @ LovingOnTheRun December 26, 2013 at 1:02 pm

I really wanted to participate but our schedules got the best of us! We did fit in a few things like baking cookies, christmas shopping, and enjoy the holiday lights! :)

Tracy December 26, 2013 at 1:05 pm

Thanks for some fresh ideas for the advent calendar. Love the red and green day!

Alice @ Daily Sweet Potato December 26, 2013 at 1:17 pm

You and Mal look so happy! I just started blogging and couldn’t stop myself from telling you that! P.S. I like your drawing sooo much. Gotta thing for gingerbread men… So cute!

Shannon December 26, 2013 at 1:23 pm

We made a good effort but some days we missed. My favorite was a planned evening, but we went to see It’s a Wonderful Life at an old theater that plays it for free one day during the season, even the concessions were free (my bf’s fav part). Seeing that movie made me really remember what we should be focusing on, I’m sure I’ve seen bits and pieces of it before but never really sat through the entire movie. The whole night was magical :)

Alex @ Kenzie Life December 26, 2013 at 1:27 pm

I think this is such a cute idea!

Shel@PeachyPalate December 26, 2013 at 3:37 pm

Awesome drawings from you both!!! Did you write Christmas Poems?

Tina December 26, 2013 at 4:03 pm

Yep! :)

shani December 27, 2013 at 2:17 am

There is a show in Australia called Mr squiggle which is basically the game you were playing. I also really like that game

Katy M December 27, 2013 at 4:55 am

Tina, you kindly gave me recommendations when I had a trip to Boston so I’d love to share my favorite spots from my former hometown, Savannah. Forsyth Park is a must and a great place to run/stroll. There’s an excellent natural foods market at the end of the park, called Brighter Day, next to it is a great coffee shop, The Sentient Bean. My favorite restaurants are Green Truck (just saw someone else recommended it above) and Cafe Florie (both use local foods). You might enjoy a trip to Back in the Day Bakery for something sweet or lunch. Fancy restaurants that are great: local11ten, noble fare or alligator soul. Some folks like Mrs. Wilkes dining hall for a southern food experience. Most of the restaurants near the river are to be avoided. Hope you all have a great time!

Tina December 27, 2013 at 8:49 am

Thank you!! 😄

Livi December 27, 2013 at 6:52 am

those were really cute drawings! I need to play that game!

Courtney @ Don't Blink. Just Run. December 27, 2013 at 3:06 pm

This was an awesome idea and I think I’d love to do that next year. I love the chalkboard drawings!

Linda @ running4two December 27, 2013 at 4:00 pm

Yay for Baby Haupert! I’m with Mal, I love ONCE. I really would like to see it on Broadway. :)

Kelli @ HungryHobby December 29, 2013 at 1:44 am

We got married on November 15th, so before we left for our honeymoon I made my own jar. We had so so so much fun doing each of our little things (I think we spent way to much at Walgreens though!) As a pretty new blogger I also had a blast writing about all of it! Thanks for the idea!!!!