• Getting Ready For Our Pug Adventure

November 20, 2013

Good morning and happy Hump Day!

Yesterday included all sorts of delicious food! Listen to this tasty day of eats:

A two-ingredient pancake with almond butter on top—I also added a little maple syrup after I snapped this photo.

Zaftigs for lunch!

Bagel chips and cream cheese.

Breakfast for lunch: Eggs, home fries, fruit, and challah toast.

Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate!

Egg and cheese sandwich made with leftovers from Zaftigs + roasted broccoli and honey-roasted carrots on the side.

Peach mango yogurt with trail mix for dessert!

Yesterday also included lots of errands. I took Murphy along for the ride since he loves going in the car so much.

Our first stop was buying Murphy more of his dog food. (Then, of course, he was obsessed with the empty bag all last night.)

IMG_8471

Our next stop was grabbing some groceries from Whole Foods—I guess I didn’t meal plan very well this week. Whomp whomp.

photo (6) (600x450)

And, finally, Murphy and I took Mal’s car to the car wash to get cleaned for a special pug adventure that we’re going on this weekend.

Murphy wasn’t sure what to think about the car wash.

His expressions cracked me up so much!

What was that?

Haha! I can’t tell if this is his bugged out face or his totally indifferent/don’t care face?

Our upcoming pug adventure is actually part of a project with Subaru, so Mal and I will be taking our Impreza out for a drive with Murphy, who will most likely stick his pug noggin outside the window of the backseat to sniff any and every smell that comes his way.

IMG_0007-500x3752

We’ll be filming our adventure from start to finish, so you’ll get to see the pug enjoy his ride in the car (one of his favorite things ever) and then get spoiled rotten with treats and other fun activities (also some of his favorite things ever).

IMG_5673-480x640

In a couple of weeks, I’ll share the video on CNC, so you can see our entire pug adventure. I have a feeling Murphy is really going to enjoy himself! I mean, the day is all about him.

How often does your dog ride in the car with you?

Where does he/she sit?

Do you ever use a doggie seatbelt for him/her? (We use this one for Murph, which is pictured on the photo above. It just hooks onto his harness.)

This adventure was proudly made possible by Subaru. Find yours today.

Allison November 20, 2013 at 7:47 pm

CaninesNCake blog spinoff starring Murphy?

Suzanne November 20, 2013 at 8:32 pm

Yay for Subaru! My parents have owned 9 since 1978 :)

Ilo November 21, 2013 at 6:40 am

I love reading about Murphy’s adventures! For my sake you can add photos and updates about him in every post. Pugs’ faces are so expressive, I have the feeling they are half dog half human!

Tina November 21, 2013 at 6:47 am

Haha! I’ll do my best! :)

Courtney @ Don't Blink. Just Run. November 21, 2013 at 8:19 am

Oh my gosh – I can’t wait to see a pug adventure!! Murphy is so cute!

sally @ sweat out the small stuff November 21, 2013 at 9:38 am

Duncan rides in the car with me at least 3-5 times a week. I’m off from work on Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays so those are the days we drive to the boardwalk, park, hiking trails, pet store and to friends’ houses for play date. He LOVES riding in the car. Not so much for the ride or the view but because he gets to stay with me. He’s a velcro dog. He sits in the front seat and usually just lays down and rests his chin on the console. I have a harness style seat belt that clips with a carabiner to the regular seat belt. I must confess I’m not great about using it. He doesn’t mind it though. Have a great trip. Can’t wait to hear how it went.

Niki Mosier November 22, 2013 at 11:41 am

Our dog goes everywhere….everywhere.
    She rides in the back. We’ve tried different seatbelt methods, but haven’t liked most of them.

Morganne @ Nut ButterRunner November 22, 2013 at 5:01 pm

Hey Tina!
    I just stumbled across this and thought of you and Murphy! :)
    Hope you enjoy!

Tina November 23, 2013 at 7:08 am

Very cute!! 😄

Jen November 23, 2013 at 2:32 pm

I went to Boston for the first time last week and we had brunch at Zaftigs! OMG, so so good. Love their challah toast so much! Do you live in the Brookline area? Thats were we stayed with one of my best friends. So beautiful!

Tina November 23, 2013 at 2:46 pm

Sadly, I live about 45 minutes (WITHOUT traffic) from Brookline, so Zaftigs was a special treat! 😄

Carmen November 30, 2013 at 3:17 pm

Hi there,
    Thanks for sharing Murphy’s adventures with us and love your blog.

Jamie @ Dishing Out Health December 2, 2013 at 4:23 pm

Haha I love all your Murphy posts! I have a pug, Maggie, that just turned 16 last week (!!). These posts make me think back to the days Maggie was in her prime :)

Lisa December 14, 2013 at 6:28 pm

I love pugs! Very funny post!

Lolly December 21, 2013 at 12:45 am

Love Love Love Zaftigs!!!! Great starting point!! Can’t wait to hear all about your Pug adventure! Have a blast!!!

Casey January 8, 2014 at 8:57 am

We love our dog seatbelt! We have the same one for our 10 pound yorkiepoo. She HATES the car wash and shakes uncontrollably!