• Friday Favorites IV

November 15, 2013

Good morning and happy Friday!

Here’s another Friday Favorites post, which highlights some of my favorite finds lately—some of which would make awesome stocking stuffers and holiday gifts!

Power Link Tassel

I saw this Power Link Tassel in Real Simple the other day and thought it was so cool. It’s a leather tassel key chain with cords for emergency charging.

Colour Me Good Ryan Gosling

A Ryan Gosling coloring book? Sign me up!

colour me good ryan gosling

J.Crew Toothpick Jeans in Pitch Black Wash

I’ve gotten a ton of wear out of these jeans this fall. I LOVE THEM!

J.Crew Side-Button Sweater in Colorblock

How fun is this sweater? I love the buttons on the side and pads on the elbows. I actually don’t own this sweater, but it’s definitely on my Christmas list!

UGG Lina Boots

Earlier this week, I broke out my winter boots (snow! WHY?!?), which I love, love, love. I get compliments on them all the time and readers always ask me where I got them. I bought them a few years ago from UGG, so, unfortunately, they’re no longer available, but I found a similar pair online. I might even like these ones better!

Cord Tacos

I saw these cord tacos in Real Simple a few months ago and immediately knew I needed them in my life. I always have a set of headphones as well as an iPhone cord in my bag, and, of course, they get tangled up, so these were the perfect solution! They’re awesome for traveling!

What are you loving today?

Past Friday Favorites posts:

Erica { EricaDHouse.com } November 15, 2013 at 6:31 am

Bahaha – I’m getting that Ryan Gosling coloring book asap.

Captain Competition November 15, 2013 at 11:49 am

So, as a guy I just don’t get all you girls and your obsession with Ryan Gosling, could one of you explain it? I see this reaction all the time and I’m confused. Maybe if I have to ask I will just never get it…and trust me I’m okay with that.

Emily November 16, 2013 at 7:05 pm

@Captain Competition: well I can only speak for myself, but to me, Ryan Gosling portrays himself as being handsome, intelligent, and in touch with his emotions and I think that’s really attractive (and not the most common). He could be not at all like this in reality, but I like to think he is :-)

Jenny November 15, 2013 at 12:17 pm

@Erica { EricaDHouse.com }:

I’m right there with ya girl! :)

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats November 15, 2013 at 6:40 am

oh my gosh, a RYAN GOSLING COLORING BOOK!? Sign me up! And I need to go try on these jcrew pants, I’m in serious need of some good black jeans!

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake November 15, 2013 at 6:40 am

Love that sweater from JCrew! Christmas is when I stock up on JCrew stuff because I’m too cheap to buy it for myself most of the time! 😉

meredith @ The Cookie ChRUNicles November 15, 2013 at 6:45 am

I saw a new Lulu Lemon running jacket – Fluff Off pullover or something like that. It looks and feels amazing yet I am grateful for being allergic to the down filling it is made with since it is costs a pretty penny and I don’t need it. lol

Paula November 15, 2013 at 7:05 am

Thanks, Tina, for pointing out that I need to start reading Real Simple for gift ideas! I love the keychain for emergency charging – that would be so much easier than dragging a cord around in my purse.

Tina November 15, 2013 at 7:10 am

They have the best ideas!

Davida @TheHealthyMaven November 15, 2013 at 7:12 am

I need that Ryan Gosling coloring book!!! Two of my fav things in life! Is that sad? I hope not lol

Shel@PeachyPalate November 15, 2013 at 7:17 am

Peanut Butter! I’ve just made three different recipes with it…cookies, oats and noodles! Also loving my new lululemon gear…so warm and cosy on a chilly day!

Nicole November 15, 2013 at 7:24 am

Right now I’m loving the Starbucks Thanksgiving Blend. Very strong–perfect for cool mornings!

Linda @ running4two November 15, 2013 at 7:54 am

Ryan Gosling…ahhh. That just made my day!

I am really loving boots that I bought at Target a few weeks ago. They are brown, lace up the front but also zipper up the side, and they go up past the ankle but not too high…super cute and comfy. :)

Ashlee November 15, 2013 at 7:58 am

This morning I am currently LOVING Panera’s everything bagel!

And I totally bought the Ryan coloring book from Urban Outfitters for my friend last Christmas. She laughed hysterically.

Melissa November 15, 2013 at 7:58 am

I LOVE those jeans, they look so cute and I also love the sweater, it’s so unique! Also, that cord taco is an excellent idea and definitely solves the problem of cords getting tangled. Thanks so much for sharing these innovative ideas!

Elizabeth @ Positive Change November 15, 2013 at 8:21 am

I love the cord tacos! Same as you I always have cords in my bag and this would totally help control that chaos. I am loving some of the Target sweaters right now. They have some super cute ones, and priced pretty well!

Jackie November 15, 2013 at 8:34 am

Those jeans are so cute! I’m gonna look for them!

Alex @ Kenzie Life November 15, 2013 at 8:56 am

I want that power tassel and the tacos! I always get my headphone cords tangled up because I do that terrible thing wear you wrap it around your iPhone…yeah I know, it’s bad, but I’m constantly listening to music in between classes and when walking around campus so sometimes convenience wins!

Julie @ Better Life with Burgers November 15, 2013 at 9:01 am

That cord taco would be awesome for my husband. Also, I love those boots…but I’m fashion challenged so I would have no idea what to wear them with. Leggings? Skinny jeans?

Ashley @ Power, Love, and Self Discipline November 15, 2013 at 9:04 am

Wow! That little charger is really cool and quite cute!!! Thanks for sharing!

Dana November 15, 2013 at 9:22 am

A Ryan Gosling coloring book!?! I just died- both from laughter and went to heaven :)

Nikki November 15, 2013 at 9:29 am

For your electronic cords you should check out: http://www.popsockets.com
    They’re good for wrapping your cords around your devices and they’re also pretty handy for gripping onto your phone, iPad or propping it up to watch movies, etc.
    (I should know–my husband invented them and I never stop hearing about it.) :-)

Ellen Renee November 15, 2013 at 7:01 pm

Just checked them out – that is a great idea!

Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio November 15, 2013 at 9:32 am

I love that power link tassel.

Sim @ The Micro Harvest November 15, 2013 at 10:12 am

Those boots are awesome! I love that they would keep out the wet snow! Thanks for sharing.

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl November 15, 2013 at 10:25 am

Those chord tacos sounds awesome! I desperately need some of those.

Aimee - funfitgirl November 15, 2013 at 10:31 am

I love the chord tassel! That’s so cute and functional. Also, those boots are seriously the first pair of Uggs I actually like and might buy! Super cute!!

I’m loving the fact that HeadSweats started their 15 Days of Giveaways today! You should check it out – I did a post this morning about it with links to enter.

Heather @ Housewife Glamour November 15, 2013 at 11:12 am

Stop it right now with that coloring book. Best find of the month, hands down. 😉

Jill November 15, 2013 at 11:29 am

i love jcrews jeans.they keep their shape so well over time. i like the matchstick style and fit for me but mayeb i will consider the toothpick ones next time.

i am loving my new rx rope. still very few dubs but getting there.

Erin Elder November 15, 2013 at 12:02 pm

Those cord tacos are AMAZING!!! I am definitely getting some (or making some?) for my boyfriend for stocking stuffers! He’s such a gadgettron!

Today I am loving my new Paleo-inspired Cookbook “Against All Grain”. I’ve been making dishes all week with that book and have been LOVING every single recipe!

Jenny November 15, 2013 at 12:18 pm

I’m loving that my 10 year old asked to run the Sticks & Bisquits 5K with me Thanksgiving morning!!! Leading by Example is starting to rub off on her! <3

Christina @ The Beautiful Balance November 15, 2013 at 12:45 pm

The cord taco! lol–such a great idea!

Sara @ fitnlife November 15, 2013 at 1:34 pm

I love the cord tacos and think they would be great stocking stuffers. I just bought some on Amazon. Thanks for the great idea!

Tina November 15, 2013 at 2:07 pm

Nice! They’re awesome!

Annie @ herightfit November 15, 2013 at 1:42 pm

Love the jeans and sweater!

Lauren @ Focused To Be Fit November 15, 2013 at 2:06 pm

The tassel is brilliant and the taco…great marketing!! Too cute!

Taylor @ Singletrackedmind November 15, 2013 at 2:07 pm

That sweater is SO CUTE! I’d buy it right now if it weren’t $100! These are great items (and Xmas itdeas!) – Love them!

FitBritt@MyOwnBalance November 15, 2013 at 3:07 pm

I just saw those toothpick jeans on Jcrew last night and I really love them! They are so cute!

Ganeeban November 15, 2013 at 5:00 pm

Cord tacos. I want them for the sheer cutness!

Anna {Herbivore Triathlete} November 15, 2013 at 7:34 pm

OMG, the cord tacos! What a fantastic idea. My husband hoards cords, he *needs* cord tacos. My kids would love them too for their pads, phones, DS, etc. Awesome find Tina, thanks!

Julie November 15, 2013 at 10:17 pm

That leather tassel is such a fantastic idea!

Sammy @ Peace Love and Ice Cream November 16, 2013 at 1:32 pm

Those cord tacos are brilliant!!
    Tried the Caramel Brulee Frappuccino Light at Starbucks the other day – kindof loving that right now 😉

Livi November 16, 2013 at 1:34 pm

that jcrew sweater is adorable– adding to my list :)

Jessica November 16, 2013 at 1:42 pm

I found your sister blog… haha. http://caratsandcake.com/

Kellie November 18, 2013 at 12:06 pm

Where did you find the boots similar to the UGGS pictured??

Tina November 18, 2013 at 12:20 pm

From UGG! 😄

Ashley November 18, 2013 at 12:16 pm

I need those boots! I can NEVER find shoes that are durable and good for the snow (which we undeniably get here in Denver) but that I also think LOOK good.

Kalee November 18, 2013 at 1:57 pm

I love the whole J Crew outfit!! too cute!

Niki Mosier November 22, 2013 at 11:23 am

Those cord tacos are genius!! totally adding those to the xmas list!