• Friday Favorites {Cold Weather Edition}

November 29, 2013

It’s been so cold in Boston lately, all I can think about is updating my winter gear to even warmer items. Taking Murphy out for his morning walk, for example, is an experience in itself. Neither of us are fans of the cold weather, so I’m usually dragging him around the neighborhood while I freeze my butt off. Obviously, it’s not fun for either of us. Pug must pee.

And I have to admit, it’s not really even cold here yet in Boston. It was 16 degrees F one morning earlier this week, but the temperature will definitely get down into the single digits before the winter is over, so I’m already thinking about what I want to add to my current cold-weather wardrobe. That said, here are some items on my wish list!

J.Crew Wintress Puffer

I love that this coat is puffy, but not too puffy, so you still have a little shape to your body and don’t look like a big blob when you’re wearing it. And it’s made with goosedown, so I’m sure it’s warm.

jcrew long puffer coat

J.Crew Chevron Infinity Scarf

Yes, please! I love infinity scarfs so much more than regular scarfs and this one is chevron. Love it.

chevron infinity scarf

The North Face Aloona Dress

How cozy does this dress look? It’s perfect for a holiday party or casual get-together. I think I like it in gray the most, but it also comes in purple and blue. Tough decision.

2284406-p-MULTIVIEW

Kohl’s Tek Gear Fleece Pants

Anyone else just love Kohl’s? How about these fleece pants? And they’re on sale for just $7.99 (and I’m sure you could find some sort of Kohl’s coupon to get even more off). Yup, I definitely need these. They also come in black, brown, and navy.

kohl's_fleece_pants

Dorothy Perkins Pug Face Beanie

Obviously, I need this. There’s also a matching scarf!

pug_beanie_

J.Crew Smartphone Wool Gloves

I love that these gloves work with smartphone and tablet screens! Now I can walk Murphy and ‘like’ photos on Instagram at the same time!

07495_GR7924

Isotoner Microsuede Moccasin with Faux Fur Slippers

Super cozy, colorful, and priced right. Sign me up!

slippers_

What’s on your cold weather wish list?

Shel@PeachyPalate November 29, 2013 at 1:36 am

I’d love a north face down jacket…sleeveless! So expensive though! You have to have that beanie!

Jodea @ chillichocolatelove.com November 29, 2013 at 1:45 am

I love the fact that you name checked Dorothy Perkins. I had no idea people had heard of it outside of the UK! You should definitely get some touch screen gloves. Like you I like to take my phone on walks and was getting sick of taking my gloves on and off. I recently got a new coat so I think I’m all stocked up for winter. I’d really love a pair of Uggs but they’re very expensive here so they’ll stay on the wish list for now.

Kate @ Trekking Kate November 29, 2013 at 1:58 am

I LOVE my Patagonia R1 Pullover! It is warm without adding bulk! I don’t think I could make it through a winter without it!

Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl November 29, 2013 at 6:31 am

You totally DO need that pug beanie and I so need that chevron infinity scarf. Thanks for sharing…. I’ll be near a J. Crew tomorrow!

Linda @ running4two November 29, 2013 at 6:45 am

Love all of the these!!!! I really want a warm pair of running gloves…my hands get so cold! I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving!

mary @ minutes per mile November 29, 2013 at 7:38 am

my running leggings from aerie are the best winter running tights i’ve found yet! they keep me warm and don’t slide down. that coat is cute! i’m on the hunt for a new one…

Pam November 29, 2013 at 7:47 am

I live in Edmonton, Alberta, so a down coat is a must! I have most of the cold winter gear I need but would like to update my winter boots since my old ones are wearing out from last year. LOVE the pug beanie!

Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat November 29, 2013 at 8:13 am

I love all your picks, especially that puffer jacket! I’ve been looking for that type of jacket for the longest time, but never found one that I really liked. Can’t wait to check that one out!

Nicole November 29, 2013 at 9:30 am

Fleece Cuddle Duds are my winter must-have! Good hand cream, too…my skin gets so dry in this weather!

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More November 29, 2013 at 9:39 am

I just bought an infiniti scarf last weekend, it’s the first I’ve owned. I just LOVE it!

Sara @ LovingOnTheRun November 29, 2013 at 9:43 am

Ooh I love that jacket and the dress! it has been so cold and snowy here I feel like I have been living in hoodies and hats! That and gym clothes! I love scarves this time of year and just can’t seem to get enough of them!

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl November 29, 2013 at 9:55 am

LOVE that scarf!! Infinity scarves are definitely my favorites and I LOVE all things gray :).

Bethany November 29, 2013 at 10:31 am

It does not get that cold in Seattle, but we are going to Whistler, BC in December so I needed a new ski jacket. I had been looking at Burton’s and scored one at Marshalls for $80.

Miranda @ Lovely Wife Lovely Life November 29, 2013 at 10:43 am

I want a puffy vest! That’s actually fitted… I have one but I think it’s mens, and is way too big

Sanaz@ Run for Cake November 29, 2013 at 11:35 am

I love JCrew. The factory store has everything 50% off today too. I wish in South Florida it was cooler so we could use some of these cute finds!

Alyssa November 29, 2013 at 12:21 pm

I definitely need a new winter jacket. Mine is warm, but super short. It doesn’t even reach the top of my jeans, so let’s just say, my butt freezes lol.

If you’re cold, this should make you laugh enough to warm you up!

Megan November 29, 2013 at 2:15 pm

Those gloves are definitely on my Christmas wish list this year! Love the color. :)

Teresa @ www.fitinwoodbine.com November 29, 2013 at 2:58 pm

I would love a new coat. I have had my white northface for several years now, but would love a Patagonia!!

Kate @KateMovingForward November 29, 2013 at 5:46 pm

Those moccasins look fantastic! My feet are always freezing in winter!

Annette@FitnessPerks November 29, 2013 at 6:05 pm

I love Jcrew!! Those gloves look awesome.

sarah @makingitmyhome.blogspot.com November 29, 2013 at 6:54 pm

LOVE Kohl’s! I feel like I always get great deals there!

Erin November 29, 2013 at 8:21 pm

My boyfriends mom bought me a long down coat from Eddie Bauer one year for Christmas and it is my favorite thing EVER. I save it for the really cold January temps and it makes dog walking so much more tolerable.

Fiona November 29, 2013 at 9:48 pm

I’ve had the same wool J Crew peacoat for years but I’d love a long one that would cover my legs… Also there are never enough warm socks and mittens! I really would have liked all of the above while I was in Boston for Thanksgiving! I ran around the Charles and Cambridge and then walked around Fresh Pond with family and that was all FREEZING (read windy).

Livi November 29, 2013 at 10:43 pm

I need some tech gloves and some ear warmers!!

Alexis November 29, 2013 at 11:14 pm

I’ve got that exact same j crew coat AND I live in Boston- it helped me survive last winter!! Hint: the Kittery outlets have it for about half price. Stay warm! ,y fingers are crossed for us to have a miles winter!!

Carelia November 29, 2013 at 11:47 pm

Awesome!! I just shared with my readers about a puffer coat similar to this. I love the fact they are warm, practical yet feminine. Great post!!

Cold Weather? Get a Puffer Coat! New post in the blog.
    Mysmallwardrobe.com

Kelsey @ Ramblings of Change November 30, 2013 at 9:13 am

Thanks for sharing! These are great items – especially for Duluth MN!

Amelia November 30, 2013 at 3:54 pm

Love that infinity scarf!!

Aurora@Fitness is Sweet November 30, 2013 at 5:07 pm

I love infinity scarves! I decided to wear ONLY infinity scarves because I could never figure out how to wear infinity scarves!

honeywhatscooking December 2, 2013 at 5:35 pm

I love that coat.. I have a similar one in beige, but I wish they had more colors. I’m always wearing black so it would be so much black. The design is awesome though.. fitted and snug!

Niki Mosier December 5, 2013 at 4:55 pm

That dress and those slippers both look super cozy! Want…both…now.

Performance apparel for all activities. http://expertbrand.com