• Dessert for Breakfast & Burn Baby WOD

November 26, 2013

Good morning and happy Tuesday!

Breakfast

I totally ate apple crisp for breakfast yesterday morning. I actually ate two bowls because I can never eat just one when it comes to my Mom’s Apple Crisp recipe. It is so addictive.

Dessert for breakfast? Totally okay every once in awhile, right?

My favorite dessert-for-breakfast is leftover cake (or a cupcake) with a cup of coffee. The flavor combination is amazing and the caffeine and sugar really get ya going!

eat cake for breakfast
    [source]

Workout

After breakfast, I headed to CrossFit for a workout. After a dynamic warm-up, we worked on heavy Back Squats and then finished the class with a quickie workout.

Burn_Baby_WOD_from_CrossFit_781

I did the workout as prescribed (#65 Front Squats, #35 KB Swings) and finished in 4:37. Even though this workout was short and sweet, it was definitely a quad-smoker!

Lunch

After CrossFit, I stopped by Whole Foods for a few groceries to get us through the next couple of days. While there, I bought some Cream of Mushroom soup for lunch, which I paired with a salad that I made at home.

My salad was actually inspired by one that I enjoyed at Elizabeth’s baby shower on Sunday afternoon. It was soooo delicious, I went to buy the ingredients on my way home! In the mix: romaine lettuce, roasted sweet potato, celery, walnuts, crumbled goat cheese, and creamy balsamic drizzled on top.

After lunch, I ate a few handfuls of Moose Munch, which was a total impulse buy at Marshalls the other day. It’s one of my favorite holiday treats, and it always reminds me of Mal’s grandma. She lived in Medford, Oregon, where Harry & David is located, so we always received goodies from there for Christmas.

Dessert for breakfast? Yay or nay?

What’s your favorite dessert-for-breakfast meal?

P.S. Just wanted to share this awesome discount page that I found on ShopStyle. It has discounts for so many great retailers!

so_many_deals_thumb1

Taylor @ Singletrackedmind November 26, 2013 at 1:41 pm

oooh dessert for breakfast!!! I try to wait til after noon for some serious sugar, but post-Thanksgiving pumpkin pie is too good to resist.

Kate @ Trekking Kate November 26, 2013 at 1:44 pm

Dessert for breakfast is best part of left over birthday cake or Thanksgiving pie!

Ashley @ BrocBlog November 26, 2013 at 1:53 pm

One of the three times Ive been to Crossfit we did a similar workout but with jump rope too, its so hard!

Lauren @ The Bikini Experiment November 26, 2013 at 1:54 pm

The salad looks great! Need to give it a try.

Livi November 26, 2013 at 5:02 pm

dessert for breakfast– yes! cold cake {especially if theres an excess of icing !!!}

Cassie November 26, 2013 at 9:34 pm

I’ve always loved chocolate chip cookies with coffee for breakfast… there is just something about it!

jen November 26, 2013 at 11:57 pm

oh man that apple crisp warmed up with some Greek yogurt would be so good!

Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope November 27, 2013 at 4:59 am

I love mixing around meals… breakfast for dinner, snack-like lunch, dessert for breakfast… so fun! That salad looks amazing too!

Tiffany November 27, 2013 at 7:14 pm

I just started blogging, and I love your blog-I have been reading for about a year now! Someday once I get the hang of it I want to get mine as energized and fun as yours! Thanks for pushing me to finally start mine, because it is a fun hobby!
    –>Love this post of apple crisp for breakfast because it is totally something that I would do as well! Is there anyway your mom could send the recipe to us readers!

Niki Mosier December 2, 2013 at 11:57 am

I don’t see anything wrong with dessert for breakfast for! Nothing wrong at all!

Heather December 5, 2013 at 11:25 pm

I knew I had become an adult when I came home from college on break and asked my mom if I could have cake for breakfast. Her reply, “Have whatever you want!” I love having a leftover cake, cookie or sweet dessert for breakfast, I just make sure I don’t do it too often!