• I’m So Glad I Live In A World Where There Are Octobers

October 1, 2013

Good morning and happy October, friends!

October is my favorite month of the year (pumpkin, apple crisp, cozy sweaters, foliage, boots—hey, when can we start wearing boots?!), so I am so, so, so happy it’s finally here!

I'm so glad it's October.
    [source]

Speaking of October and all things fall, I recently had the opportunity to design a seasonal wreath as part of a project with Wayfair. They sell all sorts of simple wreaths on their website, so they sent me a couple of them for free to decorate in exchange for providing them with a picture of the final product for a slideshow on their website in a few weeks. I love arts and crafts, so it sounded fun to me!

I wasn’t sure if Michaels would have holiday decorations this early in the year, but I was happy to see they had plenty!

My purchases (minus a glue gun and glue sticks):

BEFORE:

AFTER:

IMG_5403

I really like how my wreath turned out! Simple yet pretty! Arts and crafts are so fun.

I spent the rest of the afternoon chained to my desk. A bunch of freelance projects suddenly came my way, so those + Health + CNC has me writing and blogging a whole lot. (I still owe you guys a post from my visit to CVS/pharmacy headquarters.)

Lots of computer time means that my needy pug needs to sit ON my lap while I work.

CNC employee

I love my little puglet more than anything, so I make do and work around him. I should probably have carpel tunnel by now.

IMG_6713

Questions of the Day

What’s your favorite month?

Do you consider yourself a crafty person?

Do you own a glue gun?

P.S. My friend Abby wrote a great post about CrossFit and Running. Check it out!

Karen R @www.fabinyour40s.com October 1, 2013 at 11:18 am

October is also my favorite month. We have already had a fire in the fireplace and I have worn my boots! Bring on Fall!

Annette@FitnessPerks October 1, 2013 at 11:20 am

I love your wreath! You did an awesome job. I am not crafty at all….but my inlaw sisters & mom are, so I always have them help me do stuff when I want to make something. They own glue guns. ;)

I like this October b/c we’re awaiting the arrival of our baby girl….due next week! wahoo!

joelle (on a pink typewriter) October 1, 2013 at 11:21 am

Yay for October! I think my fav month is probably August (birthday month) or November bc Thanksgiving is my fav… I like to eat. ;-)

Melissa Ann October 1, 2013 at 11:23 am

LOVE the wreath you made! Fall is my absolute FAVORITE season also :) Couldn’t help but laugh at the pics of you working around your pug, I have two small fur babies who are always on my lap at the computer! xo

Heather October 1, 2013 at 11:44 am

LOL, Murphy is too cute. I can understand why you work around him. :)

I love that wreath too! I so wish I was good at crafts….I’m just not very creative. :/

Cassie October 1, 2013 at 11:49 am

My favorite month is from the end of November to Christmas!!! does that count? I’m such a nerd. I’m super excited for my daughters first holiday season-she’ll be 8/9 months and hopefully will like the lights and all the fun things going on.

i’m not crafty at all. i’m happy when i can match my kids clothes correctly

crystal October 1, 2013 at 11:49 am

I am a traveling soft ball mom. The glue gun is in my car. You never know. :)

Mandi October 1, 2013 at 12:15 pm

October is also my favorite month. It includes my birthday, anniversary and Halloween which is my favorite holiday. I’d like to thing if myself as crafty although I didn’t inherit my mother’s amazing creativity. And yes I do have and use a hot glue gun!

Sara @ Zero to Sixy October 1, 2013 at 12:19 pm

October for sure. This weekend is going to be awesome! Bruins Start, Red Sox Playoffs, College Football (boyfriend is excited about this), and Patriots game! Finally at 1:00 too. AND the weather is awesome… you really cant ask for more. :)

Ashley October 1, 2013 at 12:26 pm

I’d say my favorite month is probably May — because it’s starting to get warm again, you can feel Summer coming, and Spring colors are in full swing. Especially now that I’m not in an area that has as much Fall color, I’m more about Spring. But October is pretty awesome itself :)

Mari @ Living with Purpose October 1, 2013 at 12:29 pm

October is also one of my favorite months! December still holds the cake though for me. I love Christmas too much!

I love your wreath. Simple and easy. That’s my style. It reminds me a project I saw on Pinterest several months ago, a ribbon wreath.

Abi Goldberg October 1, 2013 at 12:40 pm

Probably a toss up between may and october, I just love the weather and feeling of those two months =)

Jenn (eating bender) October 1, 2013 at 12:42 pm

Beautiful wreath! I absolutely love the quote, too. October is the best. :)

Taylor @ Single-tracked Mind October 1, 2013 at 1:08 pm

October is a great month, especially in SF when October can be truly summer-like due to our Indian Summer!

Rachel October 1, 2013 at 1:08 pm

Beautiful wreath! October is my favorite month too. I realize I have no fall decorations though! I’ve seen so many great wreath ideas lately so I’m going to have to make one too. I do own a glue gun but I am not crafty with it. I always get the little glue strings all over the place.

Bethany October 1, 2013 at 1:12 pm

Love the wreath! I am not crafty at all, but I think I could handle something like that. Yes I have a glue gun. We have been wearing boots in the PNW for about 2 weeks already. Not that cold, but wet. Favorite month is February, winter is over and spring is on the way!

michelle kim October 1, 2013 at 1:19 pm

My favorite month has to be June. Something about getting into the summer months makes me excited and ready to go trail running all the time!
    Then again, I love October/fall because of all the pumpkin things coming out in stores!

honeywhatscooking October 1, 2013 at 1:55 pm

wow, you did a fantastic job on the wreath Tina.. it looks so professional. I can’t do crafts for the life of me, so I’d probably buy something similar. Nice job!

megan October 1, 2013 at 2:07 pm

October is my favorite month too! No I’m not crafty and I don’t own a glue gun!

I just wish I lived in a state where it really got cool and crisp. Florida doesn’t really offer that lol

Sally @ sweat out the small stuff October 1, 2013 at 2:19 pm

I just posted about this month too! October is my favorite month because it’s my birthday month (I’m turning 40!), as well as halloween and apple picking season and my last long training run followed by the glorious taper leading to the NYC Marathon and a few local races i’m running mid month too. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE OCTOBER!!!!
    Funny, my dog is needy like that too. and I also learn how to type around him during crunch time. LOL! Happy October!

Livi October 1, 2013 at 2:26 pm

I love october and especially November- when we really get some fall and cool here in South Carolina!

Alisha @ Alisha's Appetite October 1, 2013 at 2:45 pm

lol your little pug! my maltipoo has to sit on my lap when I work on my computer- yesterday I’m pretty sure he was on my lap while I worked for about 6 hours straight. It was pretty hilarious

Jessica R @ FromtheKitchentotheRoad October 1, 2013 at 3:01 pm

I really enjoy simple crafts like that. I don’t have the patience for scrapbooking or the more time consuming crafts but wreaths and other decor I can handle.

Sierra @ Posh Meets Pavement October 1, 2013 at 3:23 pm

I used to like October when I lived in CA, but it is pretty cold in Chicago. There seems to be exactly 3 days of Fall weather before it becomes too cold to enjoy. I have had grand plans of making my own candles for a couple months, but nothing has materialized.

Shelly October 1, 2013 at 4:02 pm

My favorite month is August because it’s my birthday month.
    I am definitely not crafty. I can do short crafts, but don’t have the patience for long projects.
    I do own a glue gun, but I’m not sure if I’ve ever used it.

Jennifer Posey October 1, 2013 at 4:22 pm

Will you do a post about your 2nd Stitch Fix? I am waiting to receive my second one in October. Love it!! Thanks for the cool suggestion.

Tina October 1, 2013 at 4:25 pm

I might once I wear the clothes. Maybe next week?

Amy October 1, 2013 at 4:33 pm

October is definitely one of my favorite months. I love Halloween and all things pumpkin, and apple cider! I have already worn my boots once!

Gwen October 1, 2013 at 4:47 pm

OMG I love LM Montgomery AND Octobers! Oh, and Carrots N Cake too!

Tina October 1, 2013 at 5:32 pm

😄

Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food October 1, 2013 at 5:12 pm

Look at you and your crafty wreath, so cute! I own a glue gun, but it’s buried in a box somewhere and hasn’t been used since college. I’m terrible at crafts!

Gabe October 1, 2013 at 5:58 pm

You can definitely wear boots! I’ve already rocked a few pair of mine. Love your wreath and love arts and crafts projects. Sometimes you just need a creative outlet. I’m working on a display rack for my bracelets right now. As far as favorite month, I don’t think I could pick!

Emily @SinfulNutrition October 1, 2013 at 7:33 pm

Love that quote! Story of my life. I’d be perfectly content if there was 6 months of fall, maybe 2 weeks of winter, and the rest Summer. I can dream, right?

Joy October 2, 2013 at 3:10 am

My favorite month is probably may because its the beginning of warm.
    And yes to the other too (I’m a florist so owning a glue gun and be crafty are requirements of the trade)

Simone October 3, 2013 at 3:41 pm

Just discovered your blog through your interview with Christmas Abbott! I’ve been crossfitting out of my garage for about 2 years, just got my CFL1, and though I just graduated with a completely unrelated degree, I’m thinking about getting my NASM certification in the next year and pursuing health/fitness instead. If you have any posts about pursuing fitness certs, could you point me in that direction? I’d love to read about it :)

I LOVE October! Bring on the boots and crisp autumn air! Fall is definitely my favorite season :)

Christine October 6, 2013 at 7:15 pm

I love your wreath! It inspired me to make one! When you do one for Christmas, can you post a pic? I will need some “Tina-spiration”!

Tina October 6, 2013 at 7:24 pm