• Funny Pug Halloween Costumes

October 2, 2013

Is it too early to start thinking about Halloween costumes? For Murphy?

Every October, I try to find Murphy the perfect Halloween costume. In the past, we’ve tried a lobster, shark, and spider costume, but none of them worked, mostly because his curly pug tail got in the way and the costume didn’t fit properly. Last year, I finally found a simple costume that worked just fine, but I’m always on the hunt for fun pug costumes.

With that said, here are some funny pug costumes (images that family, friends, and readers have sent me over the past couple of weeks). Enjoy! I hope they make you smile!

pug teen wolf

This morning’s breakfast was some reheated plantain pancakes with almond butter and maple syrup. Delish! Having a huge batch of these waiting in the refrigerator is the best thing ever. Breakfast in seconds!

After breakfast, I whipped up a glass of Everyday Green Juice. I <3 green juice.

New Cheesy Fall Recipe

Check out my new post on The Laughing Cow blog—it’s a delicious one: Cheesy Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Roasted Garlic & Hazelnuts!

Cheesy Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Roasted Garlic & Hazelnuts

Questions of the Day

Are you dressing up your pet for Halloween?

Pug people: What’s your pug wearing for Halloween this year?

What ingredients/flavors do you like in your mashed potatoes?

P.S. For the pug lovers: 30 Ways to Show Your Love for Pugs! <— Some of these items are ridiculous! Haha!

Kristy October 2, 2013 at 12:50 pm

I vote for Teen Wolf lol I am still trying to figure out what my pugs are going to dress up as. I am completely stuck. Because of the floppy ears they can’t wear any headpieces..boo. LOL

Colleen October 25, 2013 at 12:50 pm

@Kristy: Lol, I’m in worse position than you! My Pug doesn’t like any of the outfits I put on him and quickly takes everything up and chews it up as soon as I leave the room

Ashley @ BrocBlog October 2, 2013 at 1:01 pm

Ahh you have to dress him up as teen wolf that is too funny! Or a cat, he would be a funny cat.

Chelsea @ Chelsea Eats Treats October 2, 2013 at 1:05 pm

Hahaha I love these pictures. They are great!! I need to find some black lab costumes!

Taylor @ Single-tracked Mind October 2, 2013 at 1:27 pm

Those poor fur babies! They don’t look very excited to be wearing costumes.

Suzanne October 2, 2013 at 1:57 pm

Great photos, love the shark costume :)

zahra farazandeh October 2, 2013 at 2:05 pm

I can’t dress my dog up because they don’t really have costumes for large dogs. The plantain pancakes look really good. I’m gonna make those for tomorrow!
    The pug costumes are so cute. Especially the first one.

Sarah October 2, 2013 at 2:58 pm

I think Pug Teen Wolf is my fave! Wish my giant labradoodle would wear a costume, but he freaks out. We tried putting shorts on him that we had cut the butt out of for his tail. Spazzing ensued.

Cody October 2, 2013 at 3:32 pm

OMG the yoda costume is too funny! But I think you should try to find a banana costume, it goes with his new favorite toy!

Tina October 2, 2013 at 3:33 pm

Haha! That would be so cute with the banana toy!

casey October 2, 2013 at 4:16 pm
    Tina October 2, 2013 at 4:18 pm

Alex @ Kenzie Life October 2, 2013 at 4:21 pm

I can’t believe that there is actually a yoda doggie costume! That’s what I wanted for my pug this year! Two years ago my pug was Dracula and he HATED his costume. He went catatonic and refused to stop sulking. But once we gave him a Dracula toy that said, “I want to suck your blood” he was ok…what a weirdo. A lovable weirdo!

Maureen October 2, 2013 at 4:40 pm

Cannot stop laughing at those costumes! Teen Wolf is my favorite!

Kalee October 2, 2013 at 4:44 pm

LOL!!! I love Murphy’s costumes! My favorite is Teen Wolf! :) I don’t think it’s too early; I just wish Izzie (my poodle) would wear one.

Ashlee@HisnHers October 2, 2013 at 5:25 pm

Mmmmm Laughing Cow makes everything better!
    I cant stop laughing at the seal picture. It is hilarious!!! If Murph had a lighter face that one would get my vote!

Tina October 2, 2013 at 5:33 pm

So true about the LC! 😄

Danica @ It's Progression October 2, 2013 at 5:40 pm

You have to go with the banana, right?!

Nikki @ grab your kicks October 2, 2013 at 7:33 pm

I would love to dress up my dog, but I know he’d hate it. I love the teen wolf costume! I’ve never seen one like that before! Haha

Missy October 2, 2013 at 7:56 pm

Oh my goodness I love all the dog costumes, so cute! I think the best ones are the Teen Wolf and Yoda. Great!

Ella October 3, 2013 at 12:42 am

Samantha @ 10,000 Squats October 8, 2013 at 10:25 am

OMG those costumes are the greatest! I’m dying with love over here! The one dressed up as a stegosaurus is sooooo cute. You have to go check out my costumes from Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween party I posted on my blog last night. We were Rapunzel and Flynn Rider! It was so much fun!

Daisy October 11, 2013 at 12:42 pm

Love this post!!!!!!!!!! Those pug costumes are amazing. :)

Lesley October 19, 2013 at 9:31 am

The neighborhood where I used to work had a dog parade once and a family of two pugs rolled by on a wagon decorated like a boat with a big sign that said “Pugboat”. If you can imagine that sight unexpectedly passing our store, you know how hard we laughed all morning. :)