• Wicked Good Raw Cookie Dough

September 10, 2013

Remember when I blogged about the Monster Cookie Dough Dip the other day? I mean, honestly, how could you forget? That stuff looked amazing! I couldn’t get it out of my mind, so I whipped up my own version over the weekend, and, I must say, it’s wicked good!

Wicked Good Raw Cookie Dough

In comparison, my recipe isn’t necessarily healthy, but I cut calories and fat (and gluten) where I could. I used almond meal instead of all-purpose flour, cinnamon cream cheese wedges from The Laughing Cow instead of regular cream cheese, and nixed the brown sugar and rolled oats all together.

IMG_4724

The end result was incredible. In-credible. Seriously, it was so delicious, I ate the entire batch myself in just three days—eating little spoonfuls here and there until it was gone. People, this stuff is dangerous, but, man, it’s good! I hope you try this recipe and love it as much I as do!

Wicked Good Raw Cookie Dough

Ingredients:

Directions:

1. Combine cream cheese wedges, almond butter, almond meal, powered sugar, butter, coconut oil, and vanilla extract in a food processor or blend by hand. (My food processor just kicked the bucket, so I mixed everything by hand.)
    2. Once the dough is blended, stir in the M&Ms and chocolate chips by hand.
    3. Refrigerate dough for at least an hour before serving. You want the coconut oil to harden up, so the dough gets nice and thick. (I’d suggest leaving it in the fridge overnight.)
    4. Grab a spoon and enjoy!

I am an official brand advocate for Bel Brands in 2013. While I receive compensation for participation as a brand advocate, opinions are my own.

Lauren September 10, 2013 at 1:58 pm

Mmmmmmmm….that looks so good. Now I’m craving cookie dough! Haha.

Jenn @ Fairest Run of All September 10, 2013 at 2:09 pm

I need to make this immediately. As in yesterday. If not sooner.

Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat September 10, 2013 at 2:18 pm

Now I need to go get some cinnamon laughing cow cheese and make right away. Yum!

Amy @ The Little Honey Bee September 10, 2013 at 2:22 pm

So happy you titled this “wicked good” #newengland

Tina September 10, 2013 at 2:25 pm
    Luv What You Do September 10, 2013 at 2:22 pm

I could eat the entire bowl RIGHT NOW!
    What an amazing looking recipe!

Jackie September 10, 2013 at 2:22 pm

Oh. My. God. Yum.

Taylor @ Single-tracked Mind September 10, 2013 at 2:25 pm

This looks amazing! I wonder if it’d be good/not go bad frozen?

Ashley @ Saving Money in your Twenties September 10, 2013 at 2:26 pm

brilliant! I want this now!

Daphne September 10, 2013 at 2:28 pm

OMGoodness, I almost wish I didn’t see this. I saw the other recipe, and when I noticed that it wasn’t gluten free, I closed the screen and went about my way. Now that I know you’ve made it, I cannot resist. I’m headed to the store for the ingredients. Thanks!!!!!

RunEatRepeat September 10, 2013 at 2:32 pm

F yeah.

Lisa September 10, 2013 at 2:38 pm

Yum this looks so tasty!
    I love anything cookie dough flavored. I wonder if the cheese spread could be replaced with anything since I’m lactose intolerant.

Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries September 10, 2013 at 2:42 pm

Ohhh boy. I have a feeling I will be making this a lot in the near future…

Eating 4 Balance September 10, 2013 at 2:44 pm

Holy moly. When you mentioned how delicious you thought the original recipe looked I was hoping that you’d go for a remake!!

Danielle @ Food-Dee.com September 10, 2013 at 2:48 pm

The cheese wedges contain modified food starch, which can sometimes be made with wheat. Can you confirm with Laughing Cow that this is safe before I try it? I didn’t see anywhere on the site that the cheeses were gluten free.

Once I know it’s safe, I’m planning on making and devouring this!!!

Tina September 10, 2013 at 2:58 pm

Sorry, I’m not sure, but feel free to drop The Laughing Cow an email. They’ll be able to tell you for sure! https://www.thelaughingcow.com/contact-us/

Tina September 10, 2013 at 3:09 pm

I just found this on The Laughing Cow FAQ page:

Are your products gluten free?

During the cheese production process we do not add gluten or any ingredients that are known to contain gluten. However, ingredients and products change on a consistent basis so it is always advisable to read the ingredients on each product before enjoying.

I hope it’s helpful!

Danielle @ Food-Dee.com September 10, 2013 at 3:13 pm

Thank you! I found the same but emailed them anyhow. Hopefully they confirm it’s safe! @Tina:

Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog September 10, 2013 at 2:48 pm

Mmmm… looks absolutely delicious. I was going to try the other recipe but now I’ve just gotta try this!

Taylor @ Liftingrevolution September 10, 2013 at 2:54 pm

That looks far too dangerous! I would have had it devoured in a day!

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl September 10, 2013 at 2:54 pm

This sounds amaaaaazing!!

Jessica September 10, 2013 at 3:01 pm

I can’t find the cinnamon laughing cow anywhere!! All your recipes make me so jealous. Any ideas of where I can get it in NYC?

Tina September 10, 2013 at 3:08 pm

I’m not sure about NYC, but I’ve found them at Target. I think there’s one in NYC, right? There’s also a store locator on The Laughing Cow website that might be helpful: http://www.thelaughingcow.com/product-locator/

Jessica September 10, 2013 at 5:01 pm

@Tina:
    Thanks- I had tried the website before with no luck. But I’ll be heading to Target immediately now!! :)

Cecilia @ MommiesRun September 10, 2013 at 3:05 pm

Whoa. I just licked my screen.

ErikaMC September 10, 2013 at 3:07 pm

You had me at “wicked” !!!

Jon Lewis September 10, 2013 at 3:32 pm

Okay, so first of all had no idea there were cinnamon cream cheese wedges that’s awesome in itself. Second of all the fact that this is gluten free i’m sure makes many including myself very happy!

Linda @ running4two September 10, 2013 at 3:38 pm

As if I wasn’t already hungry enough…the 3 o’clock hour at work is the worst! :) I will be making this as a football snack this weekend!

sarah @makingitmyhome.blogspot.com September 10, 2013 at 4:21 pm

i love cookie dough!

Angela @ Happy Fit Mama September 10, 2013 at 4:45 pm

Oh yes

Karey @ Nutty About Health September 10, 2013 at 5:13 pm

Oh my… sounds delightfully addicting & dangerous. ;)

Emily @ Emily Rocks the Road September 10, 2013 at 5:32 pm

I am seeing this stuff everywhere, and it always has me crying, “No! Okay, yes. But no!” Too dangerous to keep in the house! However, I should probably try to make it before the husband gets home from his business trip; it might have a chance of surviving at least a couple days!

sara @ fitcupcaker September 10, 2013 at 6:21 pm

this is def not healthy but man do I want to make it asap. What a great game day snack! Thanks for the semi healthier recipe :)

Christina @ The Beautiful Balance September 10, 2013 at 6:32 pm

Ohh YES this stuff is dangerous! I’ve made a vegan version of raw cookie dough and it did not last a day!

Audrey @ In Shape Cupcake September 10, 2013 at 6:32 pm

UMMMMM best recipe ever!!! Definitely going to make this ASAP. Oh goodness gracious, wish i had all the stuff right now to make it! #mouthwatering

Sarah September 10, 2013 at 6:49 pm

I am so hungry right now I can barely handle this haha I love raw cookie/brownie dough. I made the Trader Joe’s gluten free brownies last night, undercooked, with huge chunks of the Simply Lite sugar free dark chocolate from TJ’s, and then poured a bunch of Cointreau over the finished product. AMAZING. Not anywhere near as healthy as your raw cookie dough haha

I have a HUGE bag of peanut M&M’s in my freezer right now. I wonder if using peanut flour and peanut butter would work with this! My boyfriend is severely allergic to almonds :(

Marissa@ohhhsolovely September 10, 2013 at 9:04 pm

i showed this to my husband the first time you showed it & we were wondering what to eat with it. i guessed pretzels would work! i also think it’d be delish over ice cream.

Ky September 10, 2013 at 9:54 pm

YUM!!! Can you bake it? Haha. :)

Michele September 10, 2013 at 9:56 pm

That would be soooo good with graham crackers! Sadly, I can’t find that flavor either :(

Kristen September 10, 2013 at 10:26 pm

So funny that you said you couldn’t get this out of your mind becuz seriously, I was thinking about that recipe all weekend long. I am currently training for a physique competition and although I am on a bulking diet right now, I am supposed to keep my diet pretty much sugar free. But I am sooooooo going to make this dip someday, and no offense to your dip, I am going to go all out and make the original version with chopped up twix and heath bar added, LOL.

Kalee September 10, 2013 at 10:50 pm

Oh my goodness!! I have to make this this weekend! :)

Jan @ Sprouts n Squats September 10, 2013 at 11:30 pm

That looks AMAZING!! do you think it would work with normal laughing cow cheese and cinnamon added? We don’t get the cinnamon flavour here yet in Australia.

Tina September 11, 2013 at 6:36 am

It probably would! :)

Delaney September 10, 2013 at 11:42 pm

This looks delicious! And, as a fellow Bostonian, I love that you titled it “wicked good!”

Annie@herightfit.com September 11, 2013 at 12:41 am

I’m impressed you made this gluten free. I’ve been grain free (ish) for two years and my stomach and skin thank me for it!

Heather L @ PinkPolkaDotDiarty September 11, 2013 at 1:46 am

Looks amazing. where do you get almond meal? I’m guessing Whole Foods….

Tina September 11, 2013 at 6:35 am

Trader Joe’s! :)

Samantha @ 10,000 Squats September 11, 2013 at 9:58 am

Mmmmm delicious cookie dough! You should see the cupcakes I made last night for my bf’s sister coming to town. They were so tasty! Thanks for sharing the recipe. I’ll try it out as soon as I can! Love eating cookie dough.

Jolynn @ Lift Pray Love September 11, 2013 at 10:02 am

Gah! Sounds amazing!

Briana September 11, 2013 at 11:48 am

Hi Tina – The cookie dough looks delicious! I would love to try making it, or at least a version of it anyway. Do you know if you could substitue Coconut oil with some other kind of oil, or would it be best to leave it out all together if not using coconut oil. Also – What is the reason for coconut oil? Is it Paleo? Are there other added health benefits compared to other oils. Love your site!

Tina September 11, 2013 at 12:08 pm

Coconut oil was the sweetest option since it’s a dessert recipe, and when it cools, it hardens, so I don’t think another oil would work. Sorry! This recipe is not Paleo because it has dairy (cream cheese) and sugar in it.

Briana September 12, 2013 at 8:41 am

Hi! Thanks for responding. I’ll be heading out to purchase some coconut oil this weekend. The recipe looks to good to pass up!@Tina:

Alex @ Kenzie Life September 11, 2013 at 3:03 pm

Oh wow that looks so decadent! I bet it would be great for a party!

Kristen @ kristenione September 12, 2013 at 8:28 am

This looks so amazing! The cinnamon laughing cow wedges are already so good, and then with everything else in there too? I can only imagine. I’ll have to make this soon. Thanks for sharing it with us!

Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl September 12, 2013 at 11:10 am

Oh goodness, I want this cookie dough!

Emily @ Sinful Nutrition September 12, 2013 at 8:40 pm

Love everything about this recipe! As a fellow New Englander, I can appreciate the wicked good title ; )

Jillian October 3, 2013 at 11:36 am

Tina, where do you find the cinnamon laughing cow cheese? I have looked everywhere! I’m from the South Shore (MA) as well! Where can I find it? Thanks!!

Tina October 3, 2013 at 11:46 am

Stop & Shop usually has it! It’s actually near the cream cheese and not with the rest of the Laughing Cow cheeses in the cheese section.

Mili December 31, 2013 at 9:40 pm

Hi Tina! Thanks for the recipe. Could you use regular sugar instead of powdered??

Tina January 1, 2014 at 10:11 am

I don’t think the consistency would be quite right, but you could try it!