• Too Early for Candy Corn?

September 10, 2013

GOOD MORNING!

A bunch of you guys commented on the candy corn in my grocery haul this week. Is it too early for candy corn?

candy corn autumn mix

I honestly wasn’t sure, so after I put this bag of candy corn in my shopping cart, I put it back on the shelf. I love candy corn, but I didn’t want to ruin my fall experience by eating it too early in the season, ya know? But, then, I thought: screw it. It’s just candy corn. And it’s delicious. And it’s September—might as well start enjoying my favorite season right now!

candy corn dish

Breaking out the candy corn inspired me to break out our fall decorations. Is it too early for those? I don’t think so!

I’ve been seeing fall decorations everywhere, and I am so excited for all things fall. I know you know what I’m talking about!

36c6a55d7e3c844443bf99c69daca018
    [source]

I spent a little while decorating our house yesterday afternoon. We have, like, 10 fall decorations, but they still made me (even more) excited for this time of year.

pumpkin_decorations_

And, I just need to say it: Bring on the cider donuts! They are my absolute favorite fall treat!

0adfba42ed06dd532506470896e11d90
    [source]

Health News & Views

Want to update your fitness gear without breaking the bank? The solution might be as close as your local drugstore. Really!

Drugstores carry just about everything nowadays, including a number of items you’ll want to add to your current collection. With that said, here are five affordable fitness finds to look for the next time you shop there!

5 Affordable Fitness Finds at Your Local Drugstore

fitness_finds_at_your_local_drug_store

Questions of the Day

Is it too early for candy corn?

Have you taken out your fall decorations yet?

What fitness gear do you refuse to spend a lot of money on?

Amy @ crazysweatymommy September 10, 2013 at 12:43 pm

Oh candy corn—-I MUST not buy—I will eat the whole bag!! I love every different kind!

sara @ fitcupcaker September 10, 2013 at 1:11 pm

I love fall and candy corn, im just waiting to hit up Starbucks for a pumpkin spice latte!

Ashley September 10, 2013 at 1:14 pm

It is NEVER too early for candy corn! Those pumpkin ones are the BEST too, much larger and more candy corn flavor in each one :). My favorite is absolutely with candy corn with peanuts!

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl September 10, 2013 at 1:14 pm

I am in love with all things pumpkin!! I really miss candy corn, but since it contains gelatin I no longer eat it. I wonder if I can find a gelatin-free version somewhere?

Jill Stinson September 10, 2013 at 7:43 pm

@Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl: Jelly Belly makes a vegan candy corn. It’s hard to find in stores but can be ordered online! :)

Amelia September 10, 2013 at 1:28 pm

I am SO ready for fall! Bring on the smell of fallen leaves, cooler temps and anything pumpkin! I saw candy corn this weekend – actually, I believe it was a mix of candy pumpkins, leaves and corn and I resisted but my resistance lasts only so long. Candy pumpkin? Like, that’s the best thing ever!

Fall decor will be coming out this weekend. But first, I have to take down the snowflakes that are STILL hanging in my family room! Gah.

Alex @ Kenzie Life September 10, 2013 at 1:29 pm

Cider donuts?! I’ve never had one but this will be on my fall bucket list for sure! You’ve tempted me into bringing out my old fall decorations. I have a massive spider web I used to put up in my dorm in college, pumpkin lights, ghost lights, and a few awesome hand made blown glass pumpkins…the works!

Lululemon September 10, 2013 at 1:44 pm

Couldn’t help but think of this when I read your post!

Tina September 10, 2013 at 1:49 pm

Haha!

Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food September 10, 2013 at 2:22 pm

It is definitely not too early for candy corn. On Sunday, I put out my fall placemats, swapped my Scentsy smell to pumpkin and made butternut squash soup. It was 90 degrees outside and I just didn’t care!

Ashley @ BrocBlog September 10, 2013 at 2:28 pm

Its never too early for candy corn!

Amy September 10, 2013 at 3:32 pm

It’s so HOT today in Indiana but I am still craving some candy corn. I want to try the S’mores candy corn but haven’t found it on the shelves yet.

Traci September 10, 2013 at 3:54 pm

I’m probably the only one but I’m not a fan of candy corn. Everything else fall, however? Yes please! I think that once it hits September, anything fall is game.

Jill C. September 10, 2013 at 5:12 pm

It is NEVER too early for candy corn. Or pumpkin…pumpkin anything! If you have people telling you otherwise, you should quit being friends with them. You don’t need that kind of negativity in your life ;)

Fiona @ Get Fit Fiona September 10, 2013 at 6:45 pm

We’ve been lucky here lately and having some awesome weather, so it doesn’t feel like fall here yet. Though next week the temperature is supposed to get back to seasonal (15 degrees cooler), so I’m sure it’ll feel like fall by then.

Christina @ The Beautiful Balance September 10, 2013 at 7:24 pm

If it wasn’t 110 degrees here still I would set up all Fall decorations asap!

Katie September 10, 2013 at 8:14 pm

Heat wave coming tomorrow so yes it’s too early for candy corn haha! It’s actually not since we’re into September but I’m currently in denial that summer is really coming to an end….I’m holding onto it as long as I can!

Amy September 10, 2013 at 8:29 pm

It is never too early for candy corn! Although, I can’t bring myself to put out the fall decorations yet! I have been enjoying pumpkin spice coffee though!

Missy September 10, 2013 at 9:13 pm

I already started eating my first bag of candy corn, my coworker bought it for me AND I have already started drinking the pumpkin spice coffee, bring on Fall and Halloween!

chau September 10, 2013 at 9:14 pm

candy corn is just gross in general. it is never too early for anything pumpkin though :D

Sarah Smith September 10, 2013 at 10:00 pm

It’s never too early for candy corn!! Or fall decorating for that matter! I say decorate whenever it makes you happy! But too funny.. I wrote a blog on my fall decorations today also!

Kelly H-Y September 11, 2013 at 12:43 am

Oh my goodness, I do the same thing with candy corn … I get so excited for it, but try to wait until October to eat it! Starting in September sounds good to me! :-) Love Fall!!

Shana September 11, 2013 at 7:31 am

I declare September 1st as perfectly acceptable for fall decorations and wait till October 1st to bring out the halloween decor.

Romzzz September 11, 2013 at 8:40 am

Happy hollidays!

Brittany @ read, run, repeat September 11, 2013 at 10:27 am

I’ve started taking my fall decor out, and the candy corn oreos are waiting for me in the pantry! It’s never too early for candy corn- although if I start now ill eat waaaay too many bags of it! Last year I made candy corn vodka!!

Tina September 11, 2013 at 10:58 am

YUM!!!

Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves September 11, 2013 at 5:07 pm

It is literally like 100 degrees where I live right now, so everything fall-related seems so distant at the moment. But it’s almost mid-September, so I say go for that candy corn! I love that stuff too.

Liana@RunToMunch September 12, 2013 at 11:25 am

my teeth haven’t recovered from 2012 holloween yet!!

No drugstore socks for me! I’m a sweaty runner, so I’m very picky with my socks!