• Peach Coconut Almond Meal Muffins

September 1, 2013

Hi CNC readers!

I’m Hillary, the blogger behind Nutrition Nut on the Run. Besides being birthday twins, Tina and I have a few similar interests: iced coffee, running, CrossFit, all things coconut, and last, but not least, almond meal. Neither one of us eat a strict Paleo diet, but that doesn’t mean we don’t enjoy nutty, gluten-free recipes. If you’ve read CNC for a little while, you know that Tina keeps her kitchen stocked with Trader Joe’s almond meal… as do I. It’s a steal of a deal at $3.99.

I bake with almond meal fairly regularly, as it satisfies my passion for baking without having glutinous wheat flour, butter, and refined sugar creations taunting me from my kitchen cupboard. A few of my go-to almond meal recipes are Almond Flour Banana Muffins (with coconut), Chocolate Chip Cookies, and Raspberry Chocolate Chip Muffins << holy yum!!

With summer coming to an end, I wanted to utilize the last of the juicy peaches at my local farmer’s market and combine them with two of my favorite ingredients: almonds and coconut. This recipe is slightly sweet from the honey and vanilla, but healthy all the while. They are excellent paired with an iced latte for a light, summer breakfast; they freeze well, too, so you can savor a bite of summer during the cool, Fall days ahead.

peachcoconut

peachcoconutrecipe

Thanks, Tina, for letting me stop by CNC today to share the recipe — enjoy!

What are your favorite ways to use almond meal?

Connect with Hillary: Bloglovin’ | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter

Laurin @ Be Well Body September 1, 2013 at 8:26 am

These look so good! I refuse to accept that peach season is coming to an end though… :( oh well! Great way to use them up!

Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat September 1, 2013 at 8:57 am

These muffins sound fabulous! These are definitely a must make! I will be pinning these for sure!

Jackie September 1, 2013 at 9:14 am

Yummy! Thanks!

Luv What You Do September 1, 2013 at 9:48 am

I keep TJs almond meal in the house too. I love it for pancakes and have made breads with it but forget about muffins. I love a reason to go to the farmer’s market for peaches. Thanks!

Madison September 1, 2013 at 1:07 pm

I’ve never tried almond meal but you have inspired me to give it a try! :)

Tara | Treble in the Kitchen September 1, 2013 at 2:32 pm

I am an almond meal and muffin lover as well, so these look right up my alley! I can’t wait to try :) Thanks for stopping by Hillary!

Jenn September 1, 2013 at 6:09 pm

Are you going to post about stitch fix?! I ordered one and I’m curious to see yours!

Tina September 1, 2013 at 6:09 pm

Yep! :) The post should be up Tuesday!

Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves September 1, 2013 at 6:18 pm

Mmm my mom and I love coconut, and I love peaches, so these are just perfect! I’ve never tried almond meal before, but if we ever pick some up, I’d definitely want to try these!

Katherine September 1, 2013 at 6:22 pm

looks so so so good!!! you always put all the things i love together its incredible.

Nikki @ Will Run For Pizza September 1, 2013 at 10:35 pm

These sound really good! I too love all things coconut!! Thanks for sharing!

Ashley September 1, 2013 at 11:19 pm

Sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing and so glad to be introduced to you via Carrots N Cake!

Green Solution Collective September 2, 2013 at 3:02 am

I love cupcakes with coconuts. Thank you for sharing these. Where can I find more recipes?

Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl September 2, 2013 at 7:21 am

Yum…. I’m loving peaches lately and these look delish!

Ashley @ Eat Run Live Happy September 2, 2013 at 7:34 am

Those look great! I’ll have to add that one to archives!

Jan @ Sprouts n Squats September 2, 2013 at 7:40 am

I’ve never used almond meal before in my cooking but enjoy it when it is in things. This recipe looks really delicious!! Thanks for sharing :)

Kelly September 2, 2013 at 12:03 pm

This sounds delicious! I can’t wait to try it.

She Rocks Fitness September 2, 2013 at 5:32 pm

This looks awesome! I was just at Trader Joe’s. I wish I remembered to pick some of this up. It’s right down the street from me, so next time for sure! :)

Alex @ Kenzie Life September 2, 2013 at 8:22 pm

Thanks for the recipe! This was a great guest post :)

Rexton September 3, 2013 at 2:40 pm

These recipes are great …..Please add herbs like garlic, ginger, cinnimon, and onions part of your daily diet, .visit fernsblog.com for more details……Cheers

Kat September 3, 2013 at 9:24 pm

Does anyone know whether to use shredded coconut or coconut flakes?

Rachel @ Health My Lifestyle September 3, 2013 at 11:21 pm

@Kat: I would probably use shredded coconut and chop it up a bit in the food processor.

Rachel @ Health My Lifestyle September 3, 2013 at 11:23 pm

My favorite way to use almond meal so far has been the no-bake almond joy cookies — I’m obsessed! I will definitely have to try out this recipe though!

Amber September 8, 2013 at 6:23 am

Thanks for the recipe. Another delicious and healthy recipe.