• Fall Routines & Weekly Meal Plan

September 8, 2013

Hi, guys! Happy Sunday!

First things first: I’m hosting a Twitter chat with The Laughing Cow this Thursday about getting into your fall routine.

Fall Routines Twitter Chat
    Thursday, September 12 at 1:00 PM EST
    Hashtag: #FallRoutines

We all know it’s a little difficult to get back into the swing of things after a fun and often indulgent summer, right? I know I definitely struggle with it, but the start of fall is like turning over a new leaf with your healthy habits, so we’ll be chatting about how to get into a good routine, workouts to enjoy in the cooler weather, and new snacks to take advantage of in the fall. I hope you can make it!

Fall_Routines_Twitter_Chat

Ok, now onto this week’s grocery shopping and meal plan! We have some especially delicious (and easy) meals planned this week!

• Sunday: BBQ chicken, sweet potato tots, and kale chips
    • Monday: American Chop Suey (Mal)/cheesy sweet potato and chickpea salad (Tina)
    • Tuesday: Chicken stir fry with rice
    • Wednesday: Tuna salad with chickpeas, olive tapenade, and roasted red peppers
    • Thursday: Whole Foods salad/hot bar
    • Friday: Out to dinner

grocery haul stop & shop

Questions of the Day

Do you struggle getting back into a healthy routine after the summer?

Have you ever participated in a Twitter chat?

Marissa@ohhhsolovely September 8, 2013 at 12:38 pm

to kick off our “Fall routine,” my husband made us pumpkin spice pancakes this morning! can’t wait to include more pumpkin and all things spice in the coming months!

Tina September 8, 2013 at 12:46 pm

Yummmmm!

Jemmma @ Celery and Cupcakes September 8, 2013 at 12:46 pm

I’ve never participated in a Twitter chat. They always seem to be on when I’m busy. After a relaxed period of eating it is hard getting back into healthy eating, but I think its all about the baby steps.

Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves September 8, 2013 at 1:02 pm

I will definitely find it hard getting back into the school routine, but dance and good meal prep on the weekends should help me stay on track!
    I’ve never participated in a Twitter chat before, but I’d love to one day. I probably won’t be able to make Thursday’s though :( Next time!

Heather L September 8, 2013 at 1:44 pm

We live in CA so our “summer” is starting now until October. We are grilling out every day and it’s amazing!

Amy September 8, 2013 at 1:51 pm

Since I am a teacher, I definitely struggle with getting back into the routine after summer. It is a major shift! I am adjusting to working out before going to school for the first time ever. So far I am a major fan. Also, I did not know about the cinnamon cream cheese spread by the Laughing Cow! That is going on the shopping list!

Tina September 8, 2013 at 2:32 pm

It’s one of my favorites! I’ve been getting really creative and adding it to everything lately (i.e. cookie dip)! :)

Becky @ Olives n Wine September 8, 2013 at 1:57 pm

I love Twitter chats! I’m going to try to make it to yours on Thursday. And yes, whenever I “fall off the bandwagon” health-wise, it is always so hard to get back on track!

Tina September 8, 2013 at 2:31 pm

Yay! I hope you can make it! :)

Jessica @ FromtheKitchentotheRoad September 8, 2013 at 2:15 pm

I really thrive while in a routine. I’m so excited to welcome the fall and hopefully the return of my regular schedule.

Cecilia @MommiesRun September 8, 2013 at 2:24 pm

I like how that Autumn mix snuck in there!

michelle kim September 8, 2013 at 2:55 pm

I’m actually somewhat more healthy during the summer/warmer months. It’s those cold “don’t-want-to-get-out-of-bed” months that get me all soft. Also, all the good food around the holidays!

Lisa September 8, 2013 at 2:56 pm

I definitely struggle with getting back into a healthy routine after summer! It seems when I finally get back into more healthy ways, the holidays then come along! haha

sarah @makingitmyhome.blogspot.com September 8, 2013 at 3:09 pm

i find that the full usually brings a “fresh start”-i recently started getting up a little earlier in the mornings to go for a quick run/walk. its only a few days a week but the fresh start makes a new routine easier for me

Sarah September 8, 2013 at 3:57 pm

I’ve never done a twitter chat – but I’ve put this into my diary, so hopefully I’ll be participating in this one! Very exciting :) I do find it hard to be motivated to get back into a good routine after a period of slacking, but then I remember how much better I feel when I exercise and eat right and my body seems to crave the good stuff after a little while of being bad!

Tina September 8, 2013 at 4:36 pm

OH MY GOSH the summertime is when I am healthy and I always lose weight! But this year my mother in law stayed with us for a month, and she cooked for me everyday, so I gained six pounds. So yes, this year, I’m struggling to get into a healthy routine. Ugh.

sally @ sweat out the small stuff September 8, 2013 at 4:37 pm

I actually look forward to the fall. I had my first apple in almost 3 months yesterday. Watermelon, berries and yogurt take a backseat…but nice crisp apples and oatmeal with walnuts and brown sugar take it’s place. And sweet potatoes and squash and kale chips seem so much more appealing when the weather gets cooler. I hate to cook but in the fall I find myself making healthy turkey chili in the crock pot.
    Of course once we get to Thanksgiving/Xmas all bets are off. HA!

Jodea @ chillichocolatelove.com September 8, 2013 at 4:41 pm

I’m struggling as I type after another indulgent weekend… It has to stop! Healthy regime starts tomorrow… I’d love to join the Twitter chat but I’ll be on my way to my military fitness class. A good excuse, right!?

chrissie September 8, 2013 at 5:04 pm

Do you do a protein shake after crossfit? Just curious :) and I’ve been looking eberywhere for the cinnamon cream laughing cow cheese!

Tina September 8, 2013 at 5:36 pm

Not usually, but if I’m in the mood for one, I will. I usually go to Marylou’s after a tough workout! :) Otherwise, I just eat lunch or dinner after I work out to get the protein and carbs into my system.

Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food September 8, 2013 at 6:48 pm

I love the “fresh start” feeling of a new season! Fall is by far my favorite season and I look forward to being able to run outside more and make some healthy fall foods.

Devonshire September 8, 2013 at 7:22 pm

I struggle with the fall routine. I really need to sit down and hash out my schedule so i can find the time to hit the gym or go running. This is really the perfect time of the year to run in New England!

Tracy September 8, 2013 at 7:53 pm

I see that Autumn mix you have there! :) The mini pumpkins are the death of me! I cannot buy them just yet!

Jan @ Sprouts n Squats September 8, 2013 at 8:06 pm

Those Sweet Potato Tots sound great!

I’ve never participated in a twitter chat as usually the timing is off, as I’m in Australia it is usually either too early or late to participate.

She Rocks Fitness September 8, 2013 at 8:20 pm

Things will be a little different down here this fall in Texas, because I hear that it isn’t fall until November/December, so I’ll report back to you in a couple of months and let you know how it is going. :) Twitter chats are fun and always a great way to meet new bloggers and learn about other companies. I hope I can join!

Amy @ crazysweatymommy September 8, 2013 at 9:49 pm

I sure wish I had a Whole Foods nearby—but then again, I’d probably spend WAY too much money there!

Danica September 8, 2013 at 10:28 pm

I participated in a #blogsmarter twitter chat once – it was fun but kind of like trying to plug a spraying fire hose.
    ha. there was so much to keep up with – it was just craziness : )

Samantha September 8, 2013 at 10:55 pm

How does one participate in a Twitter chat? I do have a twitter account but have never participated.

Tina September 9, 2013 at 7:07 am

You just use the hashtag (#FallRoutines) when you tweet. Then, you can click on it to see everyone’s tweets who is participating in the chat. It’s pretty cool!

jen September 8, 2013 at 11:17 pm

Wish that laughing cow cream cheese didn’t have carrageenan, that’s a big no no with crohn’s. I think the hardest thing is not having the farm fresh veggies and getting going on cold mornings!

Annie@herightfit.com September 8, 2013 at 11:36 pm

I usually try and get back on track by doing some sort of health challenge like a sugar detox or a fitness challenge like 100 squats a day….it jump starts my motivation to have a goal!

Annie Atherton September 9, 2013 at 1:08 pm

My “Fall Routine” is going to start next Monday. I have joined the LuRong Paleo Challenge, so I will have 8 weeks of butt kicking! Plus, my husband is starting to work nights, so I will have to really start to organize my evenings so that it doesn’t turn into complete chaos with the kiddos every night. I have found that planning a craft for right after dinner really helps.

Tina September 9, 2013 at 1:15 pm

Our box joined that too! I was thinking about maybe doing it too? I dunno, I love cheese too much. Haha!

Annie Atherton September 12, 2013 at 1:17 pm

@Tina: I KNOW you love cheese, every time I check a recipe I am like, OH DAMN, cheese! Hahahaha, I think after the challenge, I will probably add cheese back in, mostly because I love it too! I am excited for the challenge because of the WODs that are mixed in, it gives you something to look forward to every week.

I think you SHOULD join, mostly so that all of your recipes and meal plans the next 8 weeks would help me. ;)

Tina September 12, 2013 at 1:21 pm

Haha! Check out the Paleo link on the side on CNC. There are lots of good recipes there! I’m also writing a (mostly Paleo) non-egg breakfast post next week! I know how bored people get eating eggs everyday! :)

Jenn @ Fairest Run of All September 9, 2013 at 3:12 pm

! If the cinnamon Laugh Cow wedges have a similar calorie count to the Swiss ones I like, I am SO IN.

Grace September 9, 2013 at 4:19 pm

I’ve really stuck to my routine this summer (well, at least since returning from my 2 months traveling in Euorpe–but I walked A LOT there), so I’m pretty happy. I’ve been doing the Brazil Butt Lift workouts and learning to run (goal is to run a 5k next summer and so an obstacle race).

Emily @SinfulNutrition September 9, 2013 at 5:00 pm

Wish I could sneak out of work to join the chat, but no wifi! Either way that cinnamon cream laughing cow sounds amazing! Perfect schmeer for a toasted cinnamon raisin bagel.

Courtney @ Don't Blink. Just Run. September 9, 2013 at 8:22 pm

I’ve been eating fairly well all summer anyway trying to lose weight and get healthier, so I guess for me it’s not really getting “back into” routine. It already is.

I’ve never done a Twitter chat, but I love Laughing Cow. I used some of the Chipotle Queso Fresco on a turkey burger tonight. Yum!

Tina September 9, 2013 at 8:29 pm

Yum! That sounds so good!

Tessa September 10, 2013 at 8:05 am

Hi, I’m new(ish) to your site! I’m always interested in seeing other people’s meal plans–it’s so hard to find time to cook easy and healthy meals for myself and significant other while we work long days and try to squeeze in workouts. I also appreciate the realism of WF/eating out a couple nights in there–unfortunately sometimes it is just impossible to find the time or desire to cook after a long day or week!

Emily @ Emily Rocks the Road September 10, 2013 at 6:07 pm

I’ve attended one Twitter chat, and it was the fastest hour of my life! Holy wow. Totally looking forward to Thursday; super fun!

I always have a hard time getting back on the wagon after a bender, it doesn’t really matter the season. Actually, summer’s a LOT easier than that stretch between Halloween and New Year’s. Too many sugar- and food-related holidays in such a short amount of time! Oof.