• This Week’s Meals Brought to You by PaleOMG

August 27, 2013

Gooooood morning! I hope your week is off to a fabulous start!

I never got my act together with meal planning over the weekend, so I didn’t go grocery shopping until yesterday afternoon. I’m typically on top of meal planning, but I just wasn’t in the mood for it on Sunday morning. Nothing sounded appealing and the usual meals I make sounded soooo boring, so I pulled up PaleOMG for some inspiration.

PaleOMG is my go-to recipe website. I’ve probably made seven or eight of Juli’s recipes now, and every single one of them has turned out so well and even exceeded my expectations. I don’t know how she comes up them, but Juli’s recipes are awesome. Some of them are even mind-blowing, like Chicken Bacon Alfredo, which doesn’t have any cheese in it, but still tastes like Alfredo sauce. And Caramel Cheesecake Bars that don’t have cream cheese or caramel in them? Incredible.

If you haven’t checked out PaleOMG yet, be sure to do so– even if you don’t do the whole Paleo thing. Honestly, Paleo is just a healthy way of eating, and Juli makes it so, so, so delicious!

PaleOMG

This week’s meal plan is brought to you by PaleOMG (ok, well, not Sunday’s meal):

004 (450x600)

Speaking of Paleo recipes…

Health News & Views

Are you new to the Paleo diet, but not sure what to eat? Or are you simply frustrated with hard-to-find ingredients or complicated recipes? Well, look no further! These throw-together meals require only a handful of ingredients and minimal effort, so you won’t spend tons of time slaving away in the kitchen.

Whether you’re sticking to a Paleo way of living or just want to eat better, these four recipes are guaranteed to nourish your body, ward off hunger, and satisfy your taste buds. Now doesn’t eating healthy sound good?

4 Throw-Together Paleo Diet Recipes

paleo-recipes-600x600

What’s your favorite, go-to recipe website?

My favorites: PaleOMG, Skinnytaste, and Against All Grain.

Jennifer Burnett August 27, 2013 at 7:57 am

So funny, I made the buffalo chicken pasta for dinner last night too, so good! My go to recipe websites are Carrots n’ cake, PaleoOMG, and nomnompaleo. By the way have you tried Ju
    li’s donut recipes? Amazing!

Tina August 27, 2013 at 8:06 am

I haven’t, but now I want to! :)

Danielle @ Food-Dee.com August 27, 2013 at 9:18 am

The chocolate donuts are amazing.@Jennifer Burnett:

Jennifer Burnett August 27, 2013 at 1:23 pm

@Danielle @ Food-Dee.com: I know! My family thought the were from the bakery, better than any donut I have ever had:)

Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat August 27, 2013 at 8:11 am

I love Juli’s site! She has some awesome recipes! My go to recipe site is hummusapien.com. Alexis has some awesome healthy recipes. I’ve tried quite a few and they’ve all been delicious!

Xai August 27, 2013 at 9:10 am

@Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat: Hummusapien? That’s a brilliant blog name!

Becky August 27, 2013 at 8:14 am

Thank you so much for sharing that website and some of these recipes! I am not totally Paleo, but I try to eat a similar diet to Paleo because it is so healthy! I will have to try some of these recipes!

jill August 27, 2013 at 8:14 am

I think her recipes look good, but sometimes too complicated for me (not necessarily the ones you targeted)..or like that “my go-to meal” looks awesome and easy BUT I can’t access real bacon (only crap or “natural” stuff) , also no chicken sausages around here, and nothing like that dressing, so it rules out the entire thing, ha. Oh well.

Charlotte @ Commitness to Fitness August 27, 2013 at 8:18 am

this looks delicious. and i love the lobsters and smores :) even though i dont do full on paleo, mark’s daily apple is great for primal recipes when i’m in the mood (which is happening more and more lately!)

Amy @ The Little Honey Bee August 27, 2013 at 8:20 am

I love Skinnytaste too. The idea of paleo is great but not sure that it is totally realistic for me because of its’ emphasis on meat. I’m only a chicken and seafood girl. And I love yogurt and oats wayyyy too much.

Tina August 27, 2013 at 8:27 am

There’s not really an emphasis on meat. There are actually tons of Paleo recipes that don’t include any at all. It’s more about eating high-quality, whole foods. If anything, I’d say there’s an emphasis on healthy fats.

Jill August 27, 2013 at 10:34 am

@Tina: I love Crossfit but the teachers at my box are total Paleo pushers and I find it to be a turn off because it is a proven fact that a plant based diet is the healthiest diet. Do you find that you can actually get the amount of protein that is recommended through plant based sources? I find that you have to eat a lot of meat or animal by products to get there and people following a Paleo diet do end up eating a lot more meat than seems healthy to me.

Tina August 27, 2013 at 10:57 am

Of course, there are people who do the whole “chicken and broccoli” Paleo diet and they typically end up eating lots of meat, but there are a lot of people who do Paleo the right way and eat lots of veggies, fish, healthy fats, etc., and don’t fill their diet with meat. There are even people at my box who eat a vegetarian Paleo diet with the occasional dairy and beans mixed in for protein. It really just depends on the individual and what their goals and food preferences are.

Jackie August 27, 2013 at 8:29 am

I have to try your chicken recipe!

Maureen August 27, 2013 at 8:34 am

I find my recipe inspiration everywhere. I’ll look at a recipe someone posted and think “how can I tweak it to my liking?” Pinterest is also a go-to place for inspiration.

Chrissy August 27, 2013 at 8:43 am

I love PaleOMG. I make the Brazilian chicken curry almost weekly!!!!

Tina August 27, 2013 at 8:48 am

I need to make that! So many people have mentioned it to me!

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats August 27, 2013 at 8:55 am

I’m so bad at meal planning, as in I NEVER do it! I really want to though, I’m getting tired of my throw together meals and want to make some real ones! I’ll need to pick a few out from her website!

Amanda August 27, 2013 at 8:55 am

I can’t wait to check out PaleOMG. My go to sources for recipes are The Joy of Cooking, which I then lighten up Skinnytaste and Pinterest (more for ideas than recipes).

Tara | Treble in the Kitchen August 27, 2013 at 9:01 am

These web sites look great!! I often have my husband go on pinterest and pin recipes that look appetizing to him. Sometimes I follow the recipe, sometimes I use the recipe as inspiration. Recently, though, I have been trying to use my cook books rather than web sites. I have been loving it!

Xai August 27, 2013 at 9:09 am

Skinnytaste all the way!

Kat August 27, 2013 at 9:11 am

My favorite go to recipe websites are carrotsncake ( I love your egg and banana pancake!), skinnytaste.com and paelomg. I never heard of paelomg until you shared Julie’s chicken bacon alfredo recipe and ever since then I have been hooked! Tonight we are trying the mexican rice bowls!

Anna August 27, 2013 at 9:14 am

I’m a huge fan of PaleoOMG! I’ve actually never made anything but I just like to look and oogle over all the goodness! One day :)

Danielle @ Food-Dee.com August 27, 2013 at 9:20 am

Love Paleomg! Everything I’ve made from there was outstanding. Her ropa vieja was so good, and I used the leftovers to make a breakfast hash.

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More August 27, 2013 at 9:21 am

My parents just started eating Paleo so I’ll definitely have to share these options with them. I don’t eat Paleo really because I’m vegetarian and haven’t figured out how I can successfully eat a Paleo (or mostly) Paleo diet that will work for me.

kate@kate marrin life + style August 27, 2013 at 9:23 am

When I serve breakfast for dinner you’d think I’d made a five star meal around here. It never fails us-eggs, bacon, paleo banana pancakes, yogurt.. It is definitely my go-to.

Brynn August 27, 2013 at 9:23 am

I love her site not only for the great dishes but also her posts are so hilarious.

Shannon August 27, 2013 at 9:33 am

I always hit up PaleOMG when I need some inspiration or have some random food item in the house that needs to be cooked (but in a creative way!). The artichoke pesto for that pesto chicken spaghetti squash delicious recipe is the bomb! I’ve made it so much I don’t even have to pull up the website any more, ha

Tom T. August 27, 2013 at 9:35 am

Those meals look great. I will have to check out more form PaleOMG. Thanks for the link.

Michelle August 27, 2013 at 9:44 am

I love the recipes in Practical Paleo and occasionally they will appear on BalancedBites.com. I also like that website for the factual articles. But my fav recipe by far is her short rib recipe (sorry, I think it’s only in the book).

Lisa August 27, 2013 at 9:44 am

I love reading PaleOMG, but I actually have only tried one dish so far, I really need to get on trying more things because so many of her dishes look amazing!

Jolynn @ Lift Pray Love August 27, 2013 at 9:47 am

I go to Skinny Taste a lot too!

Linda @ running4two August 27, 2013 at 10:05 am

I actually make a lot of the recipes that you post! I have the recipe for OMG Pancakes printed off and sitting in my recipe holder…everyone who is in my kitchen asks about it :).

Kelly @ Kelly Runs For Food August 27, 2013 at 10:06 am

I like Skinnytaste and allrecipes.com. I love that I can just put in ingredients I have and want to use and it’ll come up with recipes for me.

Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries August 27, 2013 at 10:10 am

I LOVE PaleOMG’s Chocolate Zucchini Bread! It’s one of my faves. You should check it out if you haven’t already! ;)

Eating 4 Balance August 27, 2013 at 10:17 am

I love all three of those blogs too!

Have you ever checked out Stalkerville.net (formerly Chowstalker and Dessertstalker) for Paleo recipes? Oh my goodness there are just so many good ones :D

Tina August 27, 2013 at 10:33 am

I haven’t! Thanks for the recommendation! :)

Corrie Anne August 27, 2013 at 10:53 am
    Michele August 27, 2013 at 11:53 am

I have the most random comment for you. After watching the VMA’s on Sunday I couldn’t figure out who Macklemore reminded me of. I finally figured it out and he reminds me of Mal! Hahah! Just thought I’d share :)

Tina August 27, 2013 at 12:32 pm

Haha! He gets that all the time! :)

sarah @makingitmyhome.blogspot.com August 27, 2013 at 11:58 am

mmmm smores. looking for a fun, easy, unbelievably delicious take on smores: http://makingitmyhome.blogspot.com/2013/08/typical-me-and-friend-making-monday-but.html

smores truffles. mmmm sooo good

Annette@FitnessPerks August 27, 2013 at 12:20 pm

Some of the recipes look fantastic, for sure!

Emily K. @ Leaf Parade August 27, 2013 at 12:28 pm

I love Juli’s blog! And I can’t wait to meet her when she comes to Boston in October for a cooking class at BCAE. Should be good — and full of good eats!
    -Emily K.

Sara Flynn @ Zero to Sixy August 27, 2013 at 12:31 pm

OMG the buffalo chicken pasta sounds amazinggggggg. That is going on my meal plan for Sunday. My favorite go to website is Tasty Kitchen at http://tastykitchen.com/ (I found the BEST chilli recipe on there). My favorite food blogger right now is PreventionRD at http://www.preventionrd.com/ she is AMAZING.

Kalee August 27, 2013 at 1:00 pm

Such a cool blog!! :) I can’t wait to check out all of Juli’s paleo creations!!

Amelia August 27, 2013 at 1:09 pm

Skinnytaste for sure. Also, Chocolate Covered Katie (chocolatecoveredkatie.com) for desserts and breakfasts and Angela Liddon at Oh She Glows (ohsheglows.com) for fantastic, you-would-never-know vegan recipes.

I have to check out the Brazilian chicken curry!

Danyel Wignall August 27, 2013 at 1:09 pm

Stop what you are doing and make the Sweet Potato Chili Fries! http://paleomg.com/sweet-potato-chili-fries/

Foodgasim in your mouth!!!!!!

Tina August 27, 2013 at 1:09 pm

YUMMMMM! I will!

Sarah August 27, 2013 at 1:45 pm

Skinnytaste is a big one for me and also RecipeGirl.com- she’s great!

Gillian August 27, 2013 at 2:40 pm

PALEOMG has inspired most of my meals lately.. especially since im in the middle of a 21DSD!

Ashley August 27, 2013 at 3:06 pm

Not to be cheesy, but I’ve honestly gone to your page a lot of healthy and nutritious recipes. I know I can come to your page and find a variety of great options, which is great for someone as indecisive as I am!

Annie @ my fuel and fitness diaries August 27, 2013 at 4:20 pm

I love PaleOMG. Her Artichoke lemon chicken “pasta” is one of my favorite meals I have ever made. EVER. Check it out! http://paleomg.com/artichoke-lemon-pesto-chicken-pasta/

I tend to rely on my pinterest board (where I both find stuff on pinterest and pin tons ‘o stuff from blogs I read) and cooking light. Good stuff!

Tina August 27, 2013 at 4:31 pm

I’ve been meaning to make that recipe! Everyone always raves about it!

Rachel @ Undercover Diva: A Sitcom August 27, 2013 at 4:38 pm

I don’t really use a lot of website for recipes because I do a lot of cooking from my brain. I do love The Food Network or Hungry Girl’s website. I usually tweak the majority of the recipes I find to meet my nutrition/taste needs!

Jodea @ chillichocolatelove.com August 27, 2013 at 5:21 pm

Iowa Girl Eats for easy, fun recipes and Nom Nom Paleo for amazing Paleo and Whole 30 stuff.

Lauren @ Peaks and Passports August 27, 2013 at 5:39 pm

Yum! Those recipes actually make me want to try some paleo meals. My go-to recipe website is Iowa Girl Eats (www.iowagirleats.com). Kristin is a genius in the kitchen and seems to have the same taste as me – everything I’ve ever made of hers has been delicious and pretty simple.

Nikki @ grab your kicks August 27, 2013 at 6:19 pm

Definitely Skinnytaste. I can always find something yummy to make on her website!

Katie August 27, 2013 at 7:37 pm

I LOVE Paleomg!! What part of New Hampshire will you be in this weekend?? That’s where I live!

Luv What You Do August 27, 2013 at 10:12 pm

I love clean eating mag and cooking light websites but have made some things from Paleo OMG.

Lola August 28, 2013 at 2:26 am

When it comes to Paleo food blogs, I really like The Domestic Man http://thedomesticman.com, The Clothes Make The Girl http://theclothesmakethegirl.com, and Health-Bent http://health-bent.com. But my hands-down FAVORITE is Nom Nom Paleo http://nomnompaleo.com – it’s gorgeous, funny, beautifully-written, and the recipes are killer. I can’t wait for her cookbook!!!

Liesl @ Fitnessinthekitchen August 28, 2013 at 3:43 pm

I like Juli’s blog as well, but as another reader commented, sometimes her recipes are complicated with lots of hard to find, or expensive ingredients. I find that her recipes, while delicious are only really practical for couples or singles, for families, not so much. While I do like almost all the recipes I’ve tried from her site.

My go to recipe sites are: EdiblePerspective, Sprouted Kitchen, Love & Lemons, and 101Cookbooks

Livi August 29, 2013 at 6:31 am

yum! I love OhSheGlows and EdiblePerspective!