• Things That Are Either Really Good Or Really Bad

August 15, 2013

During Margarita Night when I was in Cabo, a few of us started talking about margaritas. Basically, how they can either be really good or really bad depending on who makes them. I know you know what I’m talking about: top-shelf tequila with fresh, high-quality ingredients or cheap-ass tequila with a crapton of sour mix. Eww. Even just typing that makes my stomach queasy. Bad margaritas are the worst.

margarita

Anyway, I thought the whole idea of things that are either really good or really bad would make a fun post, so here are some other things that fit the bill!

Zombie movies

I’ve watched a lot of zombie movies over the years, and they can go one of two ways: Really good, like Shaun of the Dead, or really bad, like Redneck Zombies, which surprisingly is a real movie.

shaun-of-the-dead-02
    [image source]

Running sneakers

The runners definitely know what I am talking about. Really good running shoes can totally make a run while really bad running shoes can ruin your day. Am I right?

reebok running shoes

A night out in Las Vegas

I probably don’t need to explain this one, but a night out in Las Vegas can be, oh, so frickin’ fun or a total disaster that ends with crying, drunk chicks. Been there, done both.

las_vegas_pink_gorillas_

Group deals

The service and what you actually get for a group deal, like Groupon, LivingSocial, and Eversave, can really vary, and I’ve had my fair share of both. For instance, the Sushi 101 class that I took the other night was awesome and totally worth the money. However, I once bought a deal to a local restaurant that Mal and I wanted to try and the food ended up being awful. We definitely felt like it was a waste of money.

023

Health News & Views

My favorite way to start my day is with a glass of freshly pressed juice that I make at home in my kitchen with the help of my trusty juicer. Drinking all of those bright-colored, nutrient-rich fruits and veggies all at once gives me a boost of natural energy that makes me feel great and starts my day off on the right foot.

With that said, here’s a juice recipe that will give you a natural pick-me-up and get you going!

Need a Pick-Me-Up? Try This Coconut-Kale-Ginger Juice Recipe

green juice

What’s something that can be either really good or really bad?

Jolynn @ Lift Pray Love August 15, 2013 at 12:10 pm

Food. Music. A work out.

dirtyknees August 15, 2013 at 12:11 pm

Brussels sprouts.

Sara Flynn @ Zero to Sixy August 15, 2013 at 12:13 pm

How about ordering a dress/clothes off line?! I just got a dress online the other day that was a small and was WAY to big! BUT I have also LOVED what I have ordered online as well! :)

Farah @ Fabulously Farah August 15, 2013 at 1:05 pm

I agree with the whole groupon/living social thing. It’s a good thing because it offers discounts, but it can cause you to make an unnecessary purchase!

Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food August 15, 2013 at 1:10 pm

Good list! I’d say getting called into your boss’s office can either be good or bad!

Lucy August 15, 2013 at 1:21 pm

Something that can be good or bad.. hmm? Well I suppose the only thing i can can think of is food. Like going to an all you can eat buffet and then not eating anything with paying the fees too.

Jodea @ chillichocolatelove.com August 15, 2013 at 1:27 pm

I love Shaun of the Dead! I can be really good or really bad when it comes to making healthy choices!

Ashley August 15, 2013 at 1:45 pm

What a fun blog idea! And I agree with ALL of them. Specifically the bad margaritas and Vegas (they can go hand and hand WAY too easily, ha!). The worst hangover I’ve ever had was from ONE margarita. I should have known — it was served from a tap. The number one ingredient had to be sugar!

Annette@FitnessPerks August 15, 2013 at 1:51 pm

Ross or TJMaxx. A work out. And yes, any groupon type deal too!

Lindsay August 15, 2013 at 2:17 pm

A massage can be really good or bad. I usually want to be pulverized~ I hate it when it’s just a little nice rub! Also hot yoga classes…you know you’ve walked in and found a wet carpeted room and then a very smelly friend next to you~ phew!
    Thanks for the link to your juicer, we are currently reviewing our options and thinking about making “the big investment”!

Becky August 15, 2013 at 2:23 pm

I totally agree on running shoes being either really good or really bad! People who don’t run don’t understand!

Amy @ crazysweatymommy August 15, 2013 at 2:35 pm

umm….sex….come on, you know you were all thinking the same thing!

Sarah @ Sweet Miles August 15, 2013 at 2:36 pm

What about a first date??? It seems like they were never really “okay”, it was either “it was great!!!” or “couldn’t be over soon enough!”

Ashley August 15, 2013 at 3:15 pm

Most fruit in my opinion. If you dont know how to pick em its not “just okay” its all icky.

Tina August 15, 2013 at 3:18 pm

So true!

Rachel @ Health My Lifestyle August 15, 2013 at 3:31 pm

Haircuts can either be really good or really bad. One time, I went to a place in the mall and apparently got the new girl fresh out of beauty school. It took her over two hours to do a simple cut and it turned out looking really awkward so I went home and tried making it look less choppy with my own cutting shears. I still gave her a tip though because I felt bad. I have since found a great salon that gives a great haircut every time!

I read the link about your juicer and it sounds great! I’ve never done juicing before but I’m really interested. Does it have better health benefits than smoothies or are they pretty equivalent?

Michelle @ 3cheaprunners August 15, 2013 at 5:12 pm

A vacation with other people…it always different having your “friends” around 24/7 with no escape…it go either go really well (if everyone is chill)…or really bad (if someone likes to be in control)

Melissa August 15, 2013 at 6:05 pm

I often feel that Greek yogurt can be either good or bad, depending on the brand, because some of the consistencies are as thick as paste and very, very challenging to combine with cereal (which I love to do in the morning, as breakfast), and others are thinner and easier to stir.

Maryz August 15, 2013 at 7:33 pm

I have to agree with you on the Margaritas…but I think that goes for most mixed drinks. Its all about the ingredients. Running shoes, work outs, music, fresh produce and fresh fish can all be good or bad.

Sara August 15, 2013 at 9:15 pm

Sex. Sorry, had to ;)

Jacqueline August 15, 2013 at 11:26 pm

Good call about the deals. I actually stopped buying them because most of them were just okay.
    Fresh produce is a big one for me. Maybe I don’t know how to pick it out.

Melody August 15, 2013 at 11:54 pm

Definitely agree with vacations with friends, we’ve hacked people off the “vacation list” after some gnarly ones, specifically one couple that threatened divorce the whole weekend.

Mine to add would be bloody marys! They can be either freaking fantastic or make me want to barf. Fun list!

Angelee August 16, 2013 at 11:06 am

Can I just say I LOVE that you have a wedding ring tan line in your margarita picture?!

adriana August 16, 2013 at 3:42 pm

hahaha totally agree with the vegas thing i laughed a lot :P

Rachel August 16, 2013 at 5:06 pm

I’ve had some pretty bad luck with Groupon etc. – one company went out of business and I couldn’t get my money back on the coupon, one where it just wasn’t worth it (even at the discount!). And of course me forgetting to use some. But I did learn to sew with a Groupon, and I’m still doing that, so that’s something at least. :)

Liesl @ Fitnessinthekitchen August 16, 2013 at 7:01 pm

Chick flicks!

Jess @ Keeping It Real Food August 18, 2013 at 12:53 pm

Wine, at least when ordered in an Irish bar. It’s one of those things I know I should never do but occasionally forget about : )

Taylor @ Single-tracked Mind August 19, 2013 at 7:00 pm

I tend to avoid margaritas for that very reason! They tend to be sickly sweet and kind of gross. Pizza can also be really good or really bad!