• My Eats Lately

August 16, 2013

Hello and happy Friday!

Mal, Murphy, and I are off to Maine today to visit our long lost friends, Dave and Marie. Remember them? We’ve been trying to coordinate a get-together for several months now, but our busy schedules always got in the way, so we are pumped we finally found a weekend that worked for all of us. Dave and Marie have some fun stuff on the agenda for this weekend! I can’t wait!

I’ve been snapping pics of my food here and there over the past week or so, so here’s the next edition of My Eats Lately!

Green juice. Lots of it. This coconut-kale-ginger juice recipe was on Health the other day, and it’s one of my favorites. Additionally, I’ve been enjoying my Everyday Green Juice.

green juice

Grilled turkey burger with coconut oil-sautéed spinach with horseradish mustard. This meal was so delicious, I actually stopped, mid-bite, to snap a photo. It needed to be documented. I don’t know if it was the combination of flavors or maybe I was super hungry, but it was sooooooo good.

photo

Honey ham, white cheddar Laughing Cow cheese, and horseradish mustard lettuce wraps. Ever since Cabo, I’ve been really loving lettuce wraps. They’re so easy! Get some meat, cheese, veggies, condiments… and you’re good to go!

photo (24)

Coconut-Baked Carrots with Figs. I already blogged about this recipe, but, eaten as a side dish, the leftovers lasted a long time. It look me a good 4 or 5 days to eat them all.

coconut carrots with figs

Skillet Sweet Potato Hash with broccoli, onions, and ground beef. Instead of the usual Skillet Sweet Potato Hash that I make with spinach and ground turkey, I switched up the ingredients with broccoli and onions. I made a huge batch and then Mal and I ate it for two dinners and at least one lunch this past week.

Whole Foods salad bar. Whole Foods is two minutes away, and I’m lazy.

Whole Foods Salad Bar

Gluten-free Mint Chocolate Chip Bars. They’re also egg-free and turned out so well! I mean, mint and chocolate together? Forget about it. The recipe will be on Health next week!

_MG_0875 (600x399)

No-Bake Almond Joy Cookies. I’ve mentioned these before, right? Umm, yea. I’ve made them at least a half dozen times since I first posted the recipe. I can’t get enough of them!

No-Bake-Almond-Joy-Cookies

Apple-Pumpkin Garbanzo Bean Toast with almond butter. Remember this recipe for garbanzo bean bread? Well, I added apple sauce, canned pumpkin, and pumpkin pie spice to it for some sweetness. I didn’t measure anything, so I don’t have a recipe, but it turned out really well, so I’ll definitely make it again and share the recipe with all of you.

Sliced banana with blueberries and almond butter. Easiest breakfast ever.

Mashed parsnips and carrots with ground turkey and chopped spinach. This meal was a “refrigerator surprise” and made with a bunch of random leftovers, but it ended up tasting delicious all mixed together.

photo (3)

Cauliflower “rice” with roasted Brussels sprouts and ground beef. I wish this photo was better because it definitely does not do this meal justice. It was so frickin’ good! Here’s a recipe for cauliflower “rice” if you’re interested.

photo (2)

Raw Coconut Nectar. I stumbled upon this fun, new product just yesterday. I used it in some baking last night since I ran out of maple syrup, and it added a wonderful sweetness to my chocolate chip cookies. A little bit definitely goes a long way! This stuff is sweet!

coconut nectar

Missed my previous posts?

My Eats Lately {July 25}

My Eats Lately {July 18}

My Eats Lately {July 4}

berries almond butter and chocolate chips

Questions of the Day

What have you been eating lately?

What are you up to this weekend?

P.S. Nikki’s Coconut Butter is celebrating their one-year anniversary with a special sale. Get 10% off all orders of two jars or more with code ‘oneyear.’ I just ordered a couple more jars because I ate 4 jars in a month by myself. No big deal.

Luv What You Do August 16, 2013 at 8:04 pm

I’m definitely going to check out those carrot and figs!

Jill August 16, 2013 at 9:03 pm

Recipe for the bread? Your link didn’t give it for me. Though I’m not sure about bean-based bread…
    Also, on instagram, would luv to know the pizza recipe ? Did you make it yourself?
    And those blue diamond nut thin? Worth the buy ?
    I’ve seen that coconut nectar stuff once before but didn’t buy…I dunno, but costly trendy “superfoods” are kinda wearing thin on me…over-rated maybe, or maybe I’m just a grouch :)

Jill August 16, 2013 at 9:22 pm

@Jill: oh, and you might like this single-serving muffin (egg free should that be a thought for you or no): http://www.theleangreenbean.com/microwave-sweet-potato-muffin/

Rebecca@Running.Food.Baby. August 16, 2013 at 9:32 pm

I think I have to make those no bake cookies!

kate@kate marrin life + style August 17, 2013 at 8:17 am

Gosh, if whole foods were two minutes away from me, I’d be lazy on a daily basis! Is the coconut syrup for pancakes too (Please say yes!). This weekend I’m going to a little tropical island for some r+r..long overdue!

Livi August 17, 2013 at 9:38 am

yum! everything looks delicious and nutritious as usual. This weekend I’m off on a roadtrip and I think I may just NEED those cookies for the car! me + cookies in car= dreamland

jen August 17, 2013 at 1:35 pm

was the turkey burger plain or did you mix anything into the meat?

Tina August 17, 2013 at 2:23 pm

That one was plain, but I sometimes add garlic, basil, rosemary, Italian seasoning, ginger, sea salt and/or pepper.

Kelly August 17, 2013 at 7:20 pm

Those wholefood hot bar veggies look sooo overcooked! :(

Tina August 17, 2013 at 8:08 pm

They weren’t and tasted delicious! :)

Jessica w August 17, 2013 at 7:36 pm

MY favorite breakfast recipe is Sweet potato hash with fried eggs by nom nom paleo

Tina August 17, 2013 at 8:08 pm

Yum! Thanks for the link!

Taylor @ Single-tracked Mind August 19, 2013 at 7:01 pm

The Whole Foods salad bar is always amazing, even if you live 20 minutes away!

Lois Hancock August 20, 2013 at 1:19 pm

I had doubts about the dish while I was browning the meat, but once I added the chard, the whole flavor of the dish became nice, almost broth-flavored. Leafy greens really bring out a nice flavor in meat. The butternut squash was an excellent sub for the sweet potatoes, even if they didn’t get to be as soft. I didn’t have any coconut flour on hand, but it still turned out great. I assume the coconut flour gives it a bit of a gravy? I’ll have to try this dish with the flour again sometime. Also, very filling. I wouldn’t serve this recipe to more than two people as an entree, though, three if there is a side dish.

Kaitlyn August 23, 2013 at 7:57 pm

Oh my goooodness, I had no idea Laughing Cow came out with a White Cheddar flavor. I havent seen it in stores yet! Can’t wait to try that one. The basic swiss one has been my jammm for forever though. thanks for sharing! :)