• A Better Week of Workouts

August 26, 2013

Last week was definitely a better week of workouts for me. I can’t say I’m fully back and 100%, but I’m getting there—slowly, but surely! I’m making a comeback, people!

Sunday: Off

Monday: Track workout + CrossFit

I had a track workout on the agenda for Monday, but then “Michael” popped up on the 781 homepage. “Michael” has a decent amount of running in it, so I decided to combine it with my track workout.

At the track, I ran two miles at a comfortable pace to warm-up.

photo (2)

And then I did a 1-mile time trial: 7:12. Not bad.

photo (8)

And then I did “Michael” with an 800 meter cool down, so the whole workout ended up being 5 miles + 150 Supermans (I substituted them for Back Extensions) + 150 sit-ups.

photo (7) (450x600)

Tuesday: Off

Wednesday: CrossFit (GI Jane)

Thursday: 4 miles

Meh. It was a rough 4 miles. I had zero energy and walked a bunch of times. But, hey, the bad runs make you appreciate the good ones, right?

photo (3)

Friday: End of Summer Classic 5-Miler

photo (15) (600x450)

Saturday:  CrossFit

Saturday partner WODs = the best thing ever.

Saturday’s workout was a butt kicker:

photo (4) (450x600)

8 Thrusters + 6 rope climbs + 11 box jumps? No big deal… unless you do it for 31 minutes and your only “rest” is running 400 meters while carrying a 15-pound plate. Oh, and the weight for the Thrusters was super heavy. 105 pounds for ladies? Yikes.

Clearly, this type of workout needed Zombie Killa socks! How fun are these things!?!

photo (5) (600x600)

I teamed up with Kerrie for the WOD. I started with running while she tackled the Thrusters (we used 85 pounds) and rope climbs. When I finished the 400 meters, I took over on the rope climbs and continued onto the box jumps and then back to the Thrusters while Karrie ran. Basically, as soon as the runner finished, they picked up where the other person left off with their reps. We did this for 31 minutes and finished 5 + 8 (5 rounds + 8 reps of Thrusters).

photo (6) (600x600)

What’s your most fun/funny piece of exercise apparel?

P.S. After last week’s “A Bunch of Really Hard Workouts for You” post, a bunch of you guys asked where you can find this post for future reference. It’s housed under ‘Workouts’ on the main menu of CNC. There’s also a bunch of other workouts there. Happy sweating!

Lisa August 26, 2013 at 3:03 pm

Great week of workouts! Glad you are feeling a bit better :)
    I have a tank that says “Eat Clean, Train Dirty”. Love it!

Taylor @ Liftingrevolution August 26, 2013 at 3:11 pm

Great job! Glad to hear you’re on the mend. Love the zombie socks.

Sarah @ Sweet Miles August 26, 2013 at 3:11 pm

That’s a pretty productive week of workouts! And I completey agree that the bad runs make you appreciate the good ones :) My favorite “fun” piece of running apparel is my headband that says “Suck it up Cupcake!”…perfect motivation on a long run!

Jenn @ Fairest Run of All August 26, 2013 at 3:15 pm

I have a tremendous addiction to knee/over-the-knee socks! They’re not in my possession yet, but for the Color in Motion 5K next month I pre-ordered a pair of knee socks in truly eye-searing shades of green. My plan for the actual race, though, is to wear a pair of white knee socks so that they can also be a part of my “dye job.” So excited! :D

Jillienne@ChasingRaspberries August 26, 2013 at 3:30 pm

I want, I need those socks!!!

Chrissy August 26, 2013 at 3:32 pm

I love Saturday partner WODs. I didn’t think I would, actually I avoided them my first few months at CF because I have always been a solo exerciser… but I have to say I was wrong! They are a blast!

Ashley August 26, 2013 at 3:34 pm

Adding Michael to a track workout looks awesome, now I need to find a track!

Shel@PeachyPalate August 26, 2013 at 3:36 pm

Love the socks! Clearly I need to invest in some more fun workout gear!

Nikki @ grab your kicks August 26, 2013 at 4:10 pm

I love my pro compression socks because they’re highlighter yellow and you can see me coming a mile away. I’d love to get more flashy socks too, they’re just fun!

Hillary | Nutrition Nut on the Run August 26, 2013 at 4:14 pm

Comeback? I don’t recall you ever slacking on your workouts. You seem like a “machine” to me! Were you referring to UC, or…? Anyway, way to to go. You’re always an inspiration :)

Jackie August 26, 2013 at 4:15 pm

Glad you’re getting back to health !!!

Rachel @ Undercover Diva: A Sitcom August 26, 2013 at 4:20 pm

I have a pair of USA compression socks and I wear them all the time. They’re super fun and I love them! I get a lot of looks from people about them, but I don’t care.

KaraHadley August 26, 2013 at 4:31 pm

Michael was one of my first ever Crossfit WODs. I remember doing it and thinking that it was so long and grueling. Now I’m dying to do it again.

Alex @ Kenzie Life August 26, 2013 at 4:45 pm

I. Love. Those. Socks.

I don’t really have any fun workout apparel. I mean, I love this one tank top I have from Lulu, but it’s not wild and creative :)

sara @ fitcupcaker August 26, 2013 at 4:48 pm

I bet those 85# thrusters were killer!

Lisa August 26, 2013 at 4:51 pm

Great to hear you’re almost back to feeling better! Take your time and you’ll get there sooner than you think. Looks like a great week of workouts still!

Maureen August 26, 2013 at 5:03 pm

The funnest piece of workout apparel I have is a BRIGHT orange tank top. You can see me coming from a few miles away!

Lisa August 26, 2013 at 5:15 pm

Those socks look great. Is it possible to order them online anywhere?
    Just started to do some crossfit and love it. Not ready for the big WODs yet, but getting there.

Tina August 26, 2013 at 5:20 pm

Yep! Just click on the link! :)

Annette@FitnessPerks August 26, 2013 at 5:23 pm

Sounds like a fun/great week of workouts!

Funnest piece of workout apparel: hmmmmm. My sparkly headbands!

Katherine August 26, 2013 at 5:29 pm
    Ashley August 26, 2013 at 6:06 pm

I have the bright green pro compression socks with pink stars. I think they are the perfect accessory to pretty much any outfit, Zach does not.

Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves August 26, 2013 at 8:17 pm

31 Heroes looks intense!! But then again, all Crossfit workouts do.
    Awesome track workout too!

Courtney @ Don't Blink. Just Run. August 26, 2013 at 8:32 pm

Those socks are amazeballs!

Julie August 26, 2013 at 8:55 pm

I have a shirt that says “Can’t Touch This” with a cactus. While it’s not meant to be a workout shirt, I wear it on days I’m down.

Amy @ crazysweatymommy August 26, 2013 at 9:16 pm

I like my shirt that says 0.0 in the little oval like the 26.2 magnets…..and I bought my husband a running shirt that says “Running Sucks”

Tina August 26, 2013 at 9:20 pm

Haha!

Jody - Fit at 55 August 26, 2013 at 9:43 pm

Happy you are on the mend & feeling better! My new beasties from Rumbleroller are kinda interesting looking!

She Rocks Fitness August 26, 2013 at 10:16 pm

I need to get some fun knee highs for my workouts! They’ll make my outfit that much better. Where do you typically get yours from? I need them in my workout wardrobe ASAP. LMK when you have a free moment.

Tina August 26, 2013 at 10:21 pm

I usually get socks from Reebok, but the Zombie ones are from The Sox Box! :)

Sky August 27, 2013 at 1:18 am

I have a “hipster” white t-shirt with a wolf and a moon on the front. Totally one of those sarcastic shirts that I like to wear because it’s simply weird. I love the blue top you are wearing in your last picture!

Nikki August 27, 2013 at 8:30 am

Have you ever tried wheat grass? I was just reading about it and it said it was helpful for controlling uc. Just made me think of you and wanted to pass it along :)

Tina August 27, 2013 at 8:33 am

Yep! I’ve been drinking it almost daily since June. Thanks for thinking of me! :)

Audrey @ In Shape Cupcake August 27, 2013 at 8:56 am

I don’t have any funny stuff to wear working out…unless you count my headband, it makes me look funny…haha

Julie @ RDelicious Kitchen August 27, 2013 at 10:09 am

Love those socks! So cool!!

Jenny August 27, 2013 at 10:52 am

my neon pink argyle compression socks I just got!

That and I have a shirt I wear when I do St. Patty’s day runs– it says “Official Kilt Inspector”. lol

Monique @ Burpeestobubbly August 27, 2013 at 3:02 pm

I have a shirt that says “no one has ever drowned in their own sweat” and then there is a sweat revealed message on the back!

Peach August 28, 2013 at 11:27 am

Holeeeeeee chit, man. That partner WOD is rough. 85lb thrusters are nothing to sneeze at, either. Bravo. Wonderful 1 mile TT, wow! And agree – the bad runs come with the good ones. Awesome job with your workouts.

Catherine September 1, 2013 at 12:13 am

You bad run quote reminded me of a quote from a podcast I listen to (Two Gomers Run For Their Lives). Gomer #1 always says “Your always one run away from a good one.”