• 5-Minute Desserts for One

August 28, 2013

Hi, friends!

This afternoon’s post is inspired by the email I received below:

Hey Tina,

I just stumbled across your Blueberry Pie for One recipe and I had to drop you a line to say thank you! To be honest I often lack the patience to make anything particularly complicated up so it’s awesome that even when I’m feeling lazy I can make up something like this in five minutes.

So thank you! You got any other five minute gems in your archives that I should know about?

Five-minute dessert gems? Ooooh, yes, I definitely have a few of those I can share!

All of the desserts below can be made quickly and effortlessly in five minutes or less. Each single-serving recipe is made with (mostly) wholesome ingredients, so they’re portion-friendly and semi-healthy at the same time. The best of both worlds, right? I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

5-minute_desserts_for_one

Clockwise from top left:

• No-Bake Cookie Dough: You can literally throw these ingredients in a bowl, mix them up, and eat immediately—delicious “raw” cookie dough in no time at all!
    • Microwave Nut Butter Cookie: Craving peanut butter? Try this quick and easy nut butter cookie. FYI: It’s even better with some chocolate chips mixed in!
    • Blueberry Pie for One: One mug, four ingredients… warm, gooey blueberry pie in minutes! I swear, it’s incredible!
    • 3-Minute Oatmeal Raisin Cookie: In the mood for an oatmeal raisin cookie, but don’t want to bake a whole batch? This single-serving cookie is guaranteed to satisfy your craving!

What’s your favorite 5-minute dessert?

Ashley @ Eat Run Live Happy August 28, 2013 at 2:30 pm

Sometimes I buy a simple cake mix (sugar free, gluten free, ect) whichever suits. and I just mix 1/4 of a cup with some water. It’s an quick and easy dessert. For something more healthy a mashed banana, protein powder, and a tiny bit of almond milk.

Emma August 28, 2013 at 2:36 pm

Your no-bake cookie dough is life changing! :) thank you!

Sarah August 28, 2013 at 2:38 pm

I usually just stir together some ricotta cheese, frozen blueberries, and a drizzle of maple syrup. Sweet and filling!

Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat August 28, 2013 at 2:38 pm

YES!! I love fast, single serve, “healthy” desserts! Thanks for putting this list together!

Shel@PeachyPalate August 28, 2013 at 2:54 pm

I love instant protein bakes, preferably chocolate! This is one of my favs – http://peachypalate.com/2012/10/18/breaking-the-bake-habit/ Also
    love banana softserve preferably with almond or peanut butter stirred through and some dark chocolate chips for good measure!

Jackie August 28, 2013 at 3:02 pm

I have to try that nut butter cookie!

Stacey August 28, 2013 at 3:05 pm

Brownie in a mug! It’s rich and chocolatey and delish with vanilla ice cream.

Wait, was this supposed to be a healthy 5 minute dessert? It’s not, but it’s my go to for something baked. :)

Sky August 28, 2013 at 3:07 pm

I like to have some Chobani banana Greek yogurt and stir in a spoonful of peanut butter! I’ve tried your nut butter cookie and it is great!! This post came at perfect timing because I’ve been wanting some new “healthy” desserts to try.

Annette@FitnessPerks August 28, 2013 at 3:30 pm

This is a great list! I love doing ‘apple’ pie — apples, cinnamon, bit of milk, oats, brown sugar.

Michelle @ 3cheaprunners August 28, 2013 at 3:32 pm

That blueberry pie of one.must.try.

Lisa August 28, 2013 at 3:33 pm

Awesome ideas! I’ve been ALL about the no bake desserts these days. I just adore how simple they are.

Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries August 28, 2013 at 3:53 pm

These are some of my faves! I also love Chocolate Covered Katie’s Chocolate Mug Cake!

Mary August 28, 2013 at 4:23 pm

I always fancy a couple of mouthfuls of something sweet after a meal but my boyfriend never does which is really frustrating! Might make a few mini desserts for just me this week! :)

Audrey @ In Shape Cupcake August 28, 2013 at 4:34 pm

5 minute dessert? Gluten free vanilla chex mix or Greek yogurt with coconut flour, almond butter, stevia, and cinnamon topped with granola.

Lacy @ Running Limit-less August 28, 2013 at 4:42 pm

The oatmeal raisin cookie looks amazing! I’m going to make this with my kids and it seems like a great source of fuel for long runs. I prefer real food over gels, etc.

Taylor @ Single-tracked Mind August 28, 2013 at 4:58 pm

My favorite five-minute dessert is taking a walk into Yogurtland. :)

Becky @ Olives n Wine August 28, 2013 at 5:08 pm

Now I’m going to need to find 5 minutes this evening to make some of these goodies! One of my favorite “5-minute gems” is to melt peanut butter and Nutella and then pour it over a scoop of plain Greek yogurt :) So tasty and fairly healthy for a dessert!

sarah @makingitmyhome.blogspot.com August 28, 2013 at 5:37 pm

my favorite five minute dessert is driving down to the end of my street and getting a soft serve ice cream from the local barbeque stand.

sarah @makingitmyhome.blogspot.com August 28, 2013 at 5:38 pm

my favorite five minute dessert is driving down to the bottom of my street and getting a soft serve ice cream from the local bbq restaurant that sells ice cream out of the window.

Ashley August 28, 2013 at 5:45 pm

I have only done cookies in mugs so far, but I’d have to say my favorite 5 minute dessert is the froyo place about 5 minutes from my house. Yup :)

Alex @ Kenzie Life August 28, 2013 at 6:24 pm

@Ashley: I had to chuckle when I read that because I feel the same way about the froyo place from my house, which is also 5 minutes away! Maybe not so much in the winter but in the summer nothing beats it!

Alex @ Kenzie Life August 28, 2013 at 6:25 pm

I still want to try that blueberry pie in a mug!

Emily August 28, 2013 at 6:46 pm

I’m definitely going to read through this comment list, but first I actually have a suggestion/request: could you put together posts of all your favorite easy-ish/single serving breakfasts, lunches, dinners? Like the two-ingredient pancake, french toast scramble, etc. for breakfast, for example? I love all of your easy/healthy/creative meal ideas for when you’re not making a full fancy recipe for a whole family, for example and I miss seeing them every day in your old format! It just might be nice to have them all together.

Also, could you have a ‘Paleo’ section in your recipes? I know you can find them by the Paleo tag on your website but it would be nice to have them indexed so they could be easy to look through. Thanks!

Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves August 28, 2013 at 7:54 pm

That peanut butter cookie for one looks fantastic!

Nikki @ grab your kicks August 28, 2013 at 8:33 pm

I’ve tried the 3 2 1 cake mugs…they were just okay. Didn’t taste the same as regular cake. I’ve never tried a single serving cookie before. Your oatmeal raisin one looks good!

Jenna August 28, 2013 at 8:44 pm

Chocolate chips with nut butter :)

Amy @ crazysweatymommy August 28, 2013 at 9:16 pm

Sliced Pink Lady apple with nut butter (lots and lots of nut butter)

Tina August 28, 2013 at 9:47 pm

❤👍

Tara | Treble in the Kitchen August 28, 2013 at 9:38 pm

Oh delish!! Thanks for sharing:) Can’t wait to try!

Livi August 29, 2013 at 6:32 am

greek yogurt, chocolate chips, nut butter…soooooo good!

Jan @ Sprouts n Squats August 29, 2013 at 6:44 am

I still want to try that cookie dough it looks so yummy and delicious!! :)

Bob Swann August 29, 2013 at 3:07 pm

Yum yum yum, I love cookie dough! Awesome that with your recipe I don’t have to worry about eating raw egg.

Kelsey August 30, 2013 at 10:53 am

My boyfriend and I absolutely loved the blueberry pie! We tried it with Justin’s Honey Almond Butter….amazing!! We loved it so much that we even made it at about 1AM after going out and having a couple of drinks :)

Erin Huiatt August 30, 2013 at 11:57 am

Thanks for sharing! I definitely was in need of some simpler and healthier options for dessert!

Ffion @ Chocolate and Blueberries September 15, 2013 at 6:50 pm

I’m obsessed with your Blueberry Pie recipe, and blogged about it, although I keep calling it a crumble!