• The Last Hurrah {Fitbloggin’}

July 1, 2013

Here’s my final Fitbloggin’ post! I had such a great time in Portland this past weekend, and it was so fun recapping my experience for you guys!

The second part of Saturday started with a session called “Tricks for Snacking on the Go,” which was hosted by SOYJOY with special guest Tenley Molzahn from the Bachelor. Do you remember her from Jake’s season?

IMG_1641 (450x600)_thumb

It was so cool meeting Tenley in person. She was sweet and down-to-earth, and she chatted with Julie, Heather, and me for a solid 20 minutes. I also really enjoyed her session about healthy snacking, and she had some great ideas for gluten-free living, including tips for dining out and how to effectively communicate your food needs with family and friends without sounding like a “diva.” Tenley also has a blog with some delicious (gluten-free) recipes on it!

tenley molzahn at fitbloggin

Snack

After Tenley’s session, I went to a snack break provided by The Laughing Cow where we could try various cheese wedges with fresh veggies and crackers.

IMG_1644 (450x600)_thumb

IMG_1645 (450x600)_thumb

I went with the white cheddar flavor and a few carrot and celery sticks, which I dipped right into the cheese wedge for an easy snack.

IMG_1647 (600x450)_thumb

After the snack break, I attended a session with Leah Segedie of Bookieboo called “Getting Paid versus Paying Your Dues,” which was really interesting. It was a two-hour long discussion where bloggers could share their various perspectives about earning money from their blogs. The Live Blog of the session isn’t on the Fitbloggin’ website yet, but I’m sure it will be later this week. FYI: You can read recaps of all of the sessions from the weekend on the Fitbloggin’ website.

photo3

Dinner

After Leah’s session, we all prettied ourselves for drinks and dinner in Portland. We heard Picnic House was really great, so we headed there for dinner. We didn’t have a reservation, so we put our name in for a table and then went to get a drink since we had about an hour to kill.

IMG_1655 (450x600)_thumb

IMG_1654 (600x450)_thumb

The Nines Hotel has an amazing roof top bar, so we went there for a cocktail.

IMG_1657 (600x450)_thumb

IMG_1656 (600x450)_thumb

IMG_1659 (450x600)_thumb

I got a margarita on the rocks with salt. Yum! Margaritas always remind me of summer. Love.

IMG_1662 (450x600)_thumb

Before we knew it, it was time for dinner at the Picnic House. Our reservation wasn’t until 8:00 PM, and we were all pretty hungry when we arrived, so we ordered a bunch of appetizers to share among the table.

Roasted Brussels sprouts with bacon= amazing!

IMG_1665 (600x450)_thumb

Roasted beets and charcuterie board with various meats and cheeses.

IMG_1666 (600x450)_thumb

Crostinis with goat cheese.

IMG_1667 (600x450)_thumb

And roasted watermelon, which I was excited to try, but, have to admit, wasn’t all that impressed with. The roasting seemed to remove the sweetness from the watermelon, so it was kind of bland. I dunno, maybe I just got a bad piece?

IMG_1669 (600x450)_thumb

For my entree, I ordered the rock fish, which came with a strawberry, red bell pepper, and red onion relish and roasted asparagus. It was excellent!

IMG_1673 (600x450)_thumb

All in all, I had a truly wonderful weekend in Portland at Fitbloggin’! A huge thanks to Reebok for sponsoring my trip!

What did you like reading about most from my Fitbloggin’ adventures?

Have you ever been to Fitbloggin’ or a similar fitness/health conference? What’d you think?

P.S. Looking for some fun game ideas for your July 4th get-together this weekend? Check out my newest post on The Laughing Cow blog: Activities for Your Fourth of July Party!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl July 1, 2013 at 1:33 pm

It is awesome that you were able to meet Tenley. She seems fabulous and also appeared to be very classy on her season!

Karien @ Running the Race July 1, 2013 at 1:36 pm

Loved your recaps – looks like an amazing event!

Ashley July 1, 2013 at 1:40 pm

Ive never been to a conference but I love reading about them and they seem like a fantastic experience!

Elizabeth @ Positive Changes July 1, 2013 at 1:40 pm

I loved seeing all the food! It all looked so good and healthy!

Christine@ Apple of My Eye July 1, 2013 at 1:42 pm

Tenley and Julie look so much like sisters! Those bruss sprouts look amazing! I recentlyl tried a new recipe which had Brussels sprouts cooked with pancetta and it was absolutely delicious :).

I really liked hearing about the trampoline workout! It seemed like all the bloggers had such a blast with that one :)

Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl July 1, 2013 at 1:43 pm

After reading all of the fitbloggin recaps, I’m really sad that I didn’t attend. I’m choosing one conference for this year to attend and I’ve signed up for Healthy Living Summit. I’m really excited about attending and meeting some of my favorite bloggers. Maybe next year I’ll see you at fitbloggin! ;)

Linda @ running4two July 1, 2013 at 1:45 pm

I love seeing the food you are eating! I am always hungry :). I also really liked the trampoline workout…I really need to get one of those!

Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat July 1, 2013 at 2:00 pm

What a beautiful location for dinner and your meal looks excellent!

Courtney July 1, 2013 at 2:18 pm

Thanks for pointing out that sessions were recapped on the website. I so wish I had gone. Maybe next year!

Becky @ Olives n Wine July 1, 2013 at 2:28 pm

I haven’t been to a 100% health/fitness conference but I went to Blend in May which included a lot of health and fitness AND I’ll be attending the Healthy Living Summit this September! I’m so excited! :)

Jillienne@ChasingRaspberries July 1, 2013 at 2:36 pm

I love reading all your fitbloggin posts, but I particularly like reading about each of the different sessions you attended. I hope to attend one of these conferences in the future. They look like a blast!

Eating 4 Balance July 1, 2013 at 2:39 pm

The best part was reading about Fitbloggin from all of my favorite bloggers! I loved the overlap from you, Julie, Gina and Anne. It was a little strange because I’m so used to seeing you all as virtual presences, real, but separate. And then BAM. It’s like photo shopping you altogether if that makes sense. Lol. Do you all keep in touch by e-mail/commenting on each others’ blogs? I bet you had a lot of catching up to do! :D

Tina July 1, 2013 at 2:44 pm

Yep, we actually talk every single day! :)

Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog July 1, 2013 at 2:45 pm

I loved reading about your Fitbloggin experience! I think my favorite parts were the food, especially seeing what the sponsors provided (I’m a PR girl so I just love reading about that stuff). I also enjoyed reading about your workouts and experience in the city of Portland. It’s great that you can go to one of these things and meet so many cool people, while also taking in the town.

I went to Healthy Living Summit in Philly a couple years ago and met you :-) you were so sweet! I had a great time, but it was a bit intimidating going all alone. I’d definitely love to do it again some time.

Sara @ fitcupcaker July 1, 2013 at 2:45 pm

I hope to attend HLS this September!!

Shel@PeachyPalate July 1, 2013 at 2:49 pm

I’ve never been to one on that scale anyway but would love to go! Loved seeing all my fav bloggers hanging out and the little insight in to Portland :)

Annette@FitnessPerks July 1, 2013 at 3:06 pm

That looks so so fun! I love the LC wedges with almost anything-so that snack break looked divine ;)

Megan (The Lyons' Share) July 1, 2013 at 3:08 pm

I loved seeing everything – especially the overlap between bloggers, as many have mentioned. I would love to go to a blogging conference someday! Thanks for sharing the fun.

Lindsay@LifeAfterDairy July 1, 2013 at 3:09 pm

Love your dress for cocktails and dinner! Where did you get it? The trampoline workout looks like so much fun, but you can’t really do that at home unless you have high ceilings …

Tina July 1, 2013 at 3:12 pm

Thanks! It’s from Target! :)

Victoria @ Reluctantly Skinny July 1, 2013 at 4:20 pm

I felt the same when I first tried roasted watermelon – I was really disappointed because I absolutely LOVE watermelon =(

Aurora@Fitness is Sweet July 1, 2013 at 4:28 pm

I’ve never been to one but they sound awesome! Somer other college bloggers and I are trying to plan a college blogger conference thing.

FitBritt@MyOwnBalance July 1, 2013 at 4:52 pm

Great recap of Fitbloggin Tina! I loved the rooftop at The Nines, it was the best!

Shannon R July 1, 2013 at 5:27 pm

Looks like a lot of fun! Did you actually meet anyone new? All of the recap photos of are the same bloggers in photos with you. It would be cool to hear about new smaller bloggers that you met and talked with… building fun new relationships.

Tina July 1, 2013 at 5:38 pm

Yes! Lots of new bloggers! I linked to a bunch of them in my posts! :)

Fiona @ Get Fit Fiona July 1, 2013 at 6:51 pm

Your margarita and goat cheese crustinis look amazing! There’s a little Mexican restaurant my boyfriend and I have been to a couple times that makes amazing margaritas!

Kristen @ Medium Roast July 1, 2013 at 6:56 pm

I love reading these posts! Fitbloggin’ sounds amazing. As one of the other commenters noted, it’s really cool to see some of my favorite bloggers all together in one pictures. It really makes the community feel real, on and off the computer.

It’s also really funny to see the same pictures on multiple blogs. I love seeing each of the different takes on the event! (They all seem pretty positive!)

Ashley @ Eat Run Live Happy July 1, 2013 at 7:51 pm

I’m a foodie so my favorite part was hearing about the food! lol. I may day dream about that donut shop now and then….

Joan July 1, 2013 at 8:20 pm

I looked forward to your blogging every night! I loved the smoothies and hearing about your workouts and all of the great people you met.

Amanda @ Sistas of Strength July 1, 2013 at 8:39 pm

I didn’t even know she had a blog until I saw her on instagram. Looks like she has some great recipes!

Lulu July 1, 2013 at 8:53 pm

Lol. I think you mean crostini!!

Monica July 1, 2013 at 10:03 pm

Great recaps-it was fun reading about all of it. I’ve never been to Portland-seems like a cool town. Creamy swiss is my favorite LC cheese-yum!

FitnFifty July 1, 2013 at 10:45 pm

I love your fitbloggin posts. I just enjoy the “day in the life story”. Fourth of July activities for me will involve a hula hoop if I can help it. Happy 4th!

Katherine July 1, 2013 at 11:16 pm

look so so yummy! love laughing cow cheese! have a great 4th, tina :)

Eryn July 2, 2013 at 1:34 am

Fitbloggin sounds so fun! Really hope to go one day. I bet you leave so inspired and filled with ideas for blogging!

Jan @ Sprouts n Squats July 2, 2013 at 2:34 am

I loved hearing about all of it! I so wish I could go but being in Australia not much of a chance!

I didn’t realize Tenley ran a session I just thought you guys randomly met her!

Emily @ Life on Food July 2, 2013 at 6:29 am

This just makes me want to go to Portland. What a great weekend. I love that rooftop bar. Such pretty veiws!

Alyssa July 2, 2013 at 9:56 am

Looks like such fun!!

Mary Slagel July 2, 2013 at 12:55 pm

I love rooftop bars. I don’t know what it is about them but I can almost guarantee you if I find myself near one, I will be the first one to the top.

Sarah @ Will Run for Pasta July 2, 2013 at 6:25 pm

So glad you enjoyed Portland, I can’t believe I’ve never been to Kure! Half my body is in your Laughing Cow picture, haha, which means you were right there, I’m so sad I missed introducing myself! Next time! :)

Tina July 2, 2013 at 6:27 pm

Aww, bummer! Wish we could have met! Hope you had fun at Fitbloggin’!

Beeb July 9, 2013 at 2:42 am

Awesome photos – talk about some yummy food!