• I Always Smile When…

July 24, 2013

Good morning! Happy Hump Day!

I spent yesterday afternoon hanging out with my nephew, Matthew. He’s so darn cute. I loved watching him squirm around, make funny faces, and do other adorable baby things. Long story short, I always smile when I see Matthew, and it inspired this blog post.

_MG_0707 (399x600)

I always smile when…

I see Murphy riding in the car with his head stuck out the window.

4248

I take my first sip of iced coffee. It’s so good when it hits your lips!

starbucks-espresso-shots-over-ice

I find random things written on the chalkboard in our kitchen.

New magazines arrive in the mail. I can’t wait to break them open!

I read the CrossFit 781 Members-Only Facebook page. It’s both motivational and hilarious!

crossfit_781_

I receive funny pug-related images/videos from blog readers.

funny-dog-pug-keep-off-sign1
    [image source]

I watch Mal and Murphy play and chase each other around the house.

murph and mal

And, of course, I always smile when…

Cake is involved.

julia child cake
    [image source]

Your turn!

I always smile when…

Suzanne @ Mixing It Up July 24, 2013 at 12:29 pm

I always smile when I hear my kids belly laughs, take my first sip of coffee and when my hubby gets home from work!!!

Corrie Anne July 24, 2013 at 12:30 pm

I PR in CrossFit!!! :) Or running. But CF happens more often since I’m new. Also whenever I see my dogs sleeping. They curl up so cute. I take a picture of it almost every day. I can’t resist.

Annette@FitnessPerks July 24, 2013 at 12:33 pm

I always smile when my husband kisses me (afterwards), when I get to sleep in, and when I teach a great fitness class that leaves people tired & happy. :)

cute pic of baby matthew!

Lisa July 24, 2013 at 12:35 pm

Such a sweet photo of Matthew! I can’t help but smile at baby photos too. So precious.
    And I also smile when getting Starbucks, it’s one of my favorite parts of the day.
    I always smile when I get to spend time with my puppy.

Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food July 24, 2013 at 12:44 pm

Ooh I’ll play. I smile when my pets greet me at the door after work, when I get my morning coffee at the office, when a really great song comes on during my workout, and when my husband cleans the house without me asking!

Lauren @ Peaks and Passports July 24, 2013 at 12:58 pm

I love this post! I always smile when I step outside the airport at a new destination, when I see a beagle puppy, and when my guy kisses my nose :)

Parita @ myinnershakti July 24, 2013 at 12:58 pm

I always smile and/or laugh when my husband tells a joke. His sense of humor was what first attracted me to him (over 8 years ago!), so I love that the connection is still there!!

Theresa July 24, 2013 at 1:03 pm

Your little nephew is adorable! My nephew is 4 months old, it never gets old seeing him! They’re just the cutest :) Loved reading all of the things that make you smile.

Elle @ The Clean Project July 24, 2013 at 1:13 pm

I always smile when my husband does something unexpectedly thoughtful, I’m done with a good workout, I get new mags in the mail and when I get a rare dinner out with my friends.

Jess @ Just Call Me Janks July 24, 2013 at 1:13 pm

I always smile at pictures of my godson. He’s two and growing up so quickly! It’s great to see him learn, grow, and enjoy the world surrounding him :)

Christina @ The Beautiful Balance July 24, 2013 at 1:19 pm

Hahaha @ Mal’s note! Love the idea of a kitchen chalkboard!

Miranda @ Miranda Runs July 24, 2013 at 1:23 pm

I always smile when I see pictures of Christian proposing to me! :)

Erika July 24, 2013 at 1:39 pm

I always smile when I see Roco waiting for me when I get home from work. He gets so excited once I get in the house and that just makes my day.

Alyson July 24, 2013 at 2:17 pm

omg I love the pug on the sign! So awesome you’re going to Games. I really wish I would have gotten it together (or saved enough, haha) to go this year. But next year for sure. Look forward to the pics!

Audrey @ In Shape Cupcake July 24, 2013 at 2:23 pm

Oh my goodness, I love this! I like that last one too! So true!

Erin G. @ Treats and Sneaks July 24, 2013 at 2:24 pm

YES, new magazines are the best! I’m so sad that a lot of my favorites combine July and August so I have to wait extra long for the next ones to come along.

meredith July 24, 2013 at 2:29 pm

I love that cake quote, I have it in my favorite quotes! I always smile at cake or any of my favorite desserts for that matter…

Britt@MyOwnBalance July 24, 2013 at 3:22 pm

Oh I love this! I always smile when my husband comes home from work/business trips! When the sun is shining and I am outside! When my favorite song comes on the radio.

Michelle @ 3cheaprunners July 24, 2013 at 4:08 pm

I always smile when I think of taking my kids to Disney

Jodea @ chillichocolatelove.com July 24, 2013 at 4:32 pm

I look at my garden and see new flowers growing.

Andrea July 24, 2013 at 4:52 pm

I always smile when I see that there is a tagged photo of me somewhere because that means that someone else actually took a picture when I am usually the only one ha! Also, I also smile when my best girl friends send me very ugly and embarrassing snap chats of themselves because they know I’m too nice to screen shot them :) usuallly.

Chelsea's Healthy Kitchen July 24, 2013 at 5:31 pm

I always smile when I’m going for a walk in the morning and I see the morning sun poking through the trees.

Bay July 24, 2013 at 6:30 pm

I always smile when I see my Boston Terrier, Grimby, aka Grimbergen, aka They Mayor, aka Lord Grimbly McWindytoots (he is a bit gassy) looking at me with his huge, melted-chocolate eyes.

I always smile when I’m driving with my hand out the window. And when I see the Olympic Mountains from across the water (I live in Victoria, BC Canada).

And about a million other things, to be honest.

Emily @ Life on Food July 24, 2013 at 7:55 pm

Love the quote by Julia Child.

Emma July 24, 2013 at 8:16 pm

I totally agree with you on the iced coffee and cake ones! And of course when I see cute pups :)

Yesenia July 24, 2013 at 8:41 pm

Love the pug face! I always smile when it’s time for breakfast :)

Tina July 25, 2013 at 7:31 am

Me too!!

Jo July 24, 2013 at 9:13 pm

Did I miss a post on the arrival of your nephew? I was away and must of missed something. How old is Matthew?

Tina July 24, 2013 at 9:14 pm

He’s almost a month old! :)

Nicole @crazyabouthealthy.com July 24, 2013 at 11:54 pm

When I: have a good run, eat a good meal, have a longgg sleep, see someone trip (but not actually hurt themselves), get good deals on things (clothes, technology, food)…and many more

Jaime July 25, 2013 at 7:10 am

A veteran sincerely thanks me for his hearing aids, when my son giggles, and when my guy tells me he loves me.

Britt @ Fit Fit Britt Britt July 25, 2013 at 11:49 am

I get to the beach and inhale my first breath of the salty air :)

Chelsea Preedy July 25, 2013 at 1:02 pm

I always smile when… I wake up, snuggle into my armchair with a mug of coffee, and take in all of the beautiful sights and sounds of a perfect early morning :)

Jeanie @Breakfast for Dinner July 26, 2013 at 11:30 am

I arrive home and my Golden is wait for me like I never left! When we book a trip and the fun just flows through my veins. When I’m having a great running day and I’m just thankful to be out there, or when I see homemade-by-kids signs for their mom’s of family members as I run by.

Suzanne July 26, 2013 at 12:55 pm

Love how babies sleep with their arms up, like they’re surrendering to exhaustion :) I always smile when I see my kids in the morning and when I come off the ferry in Nantucket!

Heather July 27, 2013 at 9:40 pm

Just wanted to say Matthew is adorable!