• How I Spent July 4th (and 5th)

July 6, 2013

Hi, friends! I hope you had a wonderful Fourth of July! My 4th was a ton of fun, but also really relaxing at the same time because we didn’t have any set plans and just hung out and relaxed for two days straight.

Mal, Murphy, and I spent the 4th (and 5th) at my in-law’s house (aka Funny Farm) and hung out with the whole family. It was a HOT couple of days, so we were all incredibly thankful to have a pool to cool down in. We basically spent two days in the pool, and it was awesome! Here are some pics from my July 4th and 5th!

IMG_1881

IMG_2003

IMG_2004

IMG_2008

dark chocolate ginger

IMG_2015

IMG_2016

How was your July 4th? What’d you do?

Jenn July 7, 2013 at 7:32 am

Ohh Fun! It looks like you had a great time. We have a new pup and we’ve really been looking forward to taking her swimming, not sure if she’ll do it but we thought we’d give it a try.

Suzanne July 7, 2013 at 8:29 am

Looks like fun! Happy to be avoiding this heat wave on Nantucket, I ran a 5K on the 4th and then we headed downtown for the annual Main Street water fight which involves the fire trucks and a lot of people with super soakers! We have friends n town for the week so we all headed to dinner on the deck of the Wauwinet Inn, perfect day!

Tina July 7, 2013 at 8:53 am

Fun! Sounds like the perfect 4th!

Georgia @ Chop It Like It's Hot July 7, 2013 at 11:55 am

Your dog is too adorable! Looks like you all had a blast :D

Julie @ RDelicious Kitchen July 7, 2013 at 2:42 pm

Sounds like a fun day! Murph is just so cute

PS. You and Mal are ripped!!

Annette@FitnessPerks July 7, 2013 at 10:49 pm

Yay-fun!! I love spending holiday weekends with family at the pool :)

You two look great!

Rachel McIntyre July 8, 2013 at 12:57 am

Ahh! Murphy looks super cute in those photos!

I watched the fireworks in San Francisco from a hidden spot on a hillside (my husband is a photographer and will literally go anywhere to get a good composition)!

Marcee ... ILLINOIS July 8, 2013 at 11:51 am

Whoa ….. what a great-fun day! We did similar …. minus the pool. Haaa.

You guys are sure in great shape!

Tina …. does Murphy get very frightened with fireworks & all the noise? Terrible here. Just way too much & loud. Everyone freaked. It goes on for like 3 days …. before the 4th, on the 4th ….. and also after the 4th. Complain much? Yeah, maybe. Still, half day/evening is plenty of racket.

Tina July 8, 2013 at 1:07 pm

He gets a little bent out of shape with the fireworks, but eventually he just chills out.

Marcee ... ILLINOIS July 8, 2013 at 11:53 am

P.S. Forgot to add: ohmygosh …. Murphy is absolutely adorable!!! It’s amazing to watch poochies swim & cool down in a pool. Thanks for sharin Tina.

FitBritt@MyOwnBalance July 8, 2013 at 12:49 pm

Love your photos! The flips off the diving board are classic! I spent my Fourth on the Cape. The weather was gorgeous! I wish I was swimming in some waves right now!

Theresa July 9, 2013 at 2:16 pm

Love that Frisbee game! My boyfriend is obsessed, he always calls it Polish Horseshoes, but our other friends call it Fris-Knock. Looks like an awesome 4th! I think Murphy may have had the most fun though :)

Katie July 11, 2013 at 11:52 am

The pics of Murphy in they pool are fantastic!