• A to Z

July 19, 2013

Happy Friday, friends!

My friend Abby tagged me in her A to Z post yesterday (and you know how I love blog surveys), so I decided to take part this morning. Feel free to play along in the comments section—I love learning new things about you guys!

A. Attached or single?

Attached. Married for 5 years. Together for almost 10 years.

Nick & Elizabeth's wedding

B. Best friend?

Mal.

on_belay_

C. Cake or pie?

Cake. Duh.

cake_tasting_

D. Day of choice?

Friday. It’s the start of the weekend!

E. Essential item?

Beauty: Kiehls Abyssine Cream+

Clothing: It’s a toss up between Rainbow flip flops and 7 for All Mankind jeans

Workout: Headbands! My favorites are BIC Bands and JUNK bands.

F. Favorite color?

Blue.

G. Gummy bears or worms?

Bears.

H. Home town?

Littleton, Massachusetts, which was named one of The Best Towns to Raise Kids by Bloomberg Businessweek.

I. Favorite indulgence?

Massages. I love them and get one every month.

J. January or July?

July. I love summer. So does Murphy.

happy summer pug

K. Kids?

Mal and I plan to have them someday, but not for a little while.

L. Life isn’t complete without?

A pug. They are the best little creatures.

murphy

M. Marriage date?

July 12, 2008

867 (640x426)

N. Number of brothers/sisters?

1 sister, 1 stepsister, 1 half-sister, 1 half-brother

O. Oranges or Apples?

Tough decision, but I’m going to go with oranges. There’s nothing better than a fresh, juicy orange.

P. Phobias?

Drowning/being eaten by a shark. I’m not a fan of deep water. I also can’t swim very well.

Q. Quotes?

I love quotes. In fact, I love them so much, I have a whole book devoted to them as well as a Pinterest board. Here are some of my favorites:

“Good things happen to people who work hard.”

“You are stronger than you think you are.”

“We all have two choices: we can make a living or we can design a life.”

“God won’t give you more than you can handle.”

R. Reasons to smile?

I have lots of them:

I’ve been off steroids for 11 days now.

I’m going to the CrossFit Games next week.

I’m planning to have a cocktail at the beach later today.

Matthew, my nephew!

matthew

As his dad says, “He’s going to grow into those paws!” Haha!

S. Season of choice?

Fall in New England is my favorite thing ever.

T. Tag 5 People.

I’m just going to tag one because I know how much she loves surveys, and I know she’ll want to do this one: Julie.

U. Unknown fact about me?

Even in the summer, I wear sweatpants to bed. For some reason, I don’t like wearing shorts and having my bare legs touch each other. I know. I am super weird. And sometimes really hot at night.

V. Vegetable?

I love all of them, except water chestnuts because they are the worst.

W. Worst habit?

I can’t relax. I always need to be doing something, and it drives Mal nuts. Ha!

X. X-Ray or ultrasound?

Ultrasound. They’re way cooler and give you a lot more info.

Y. Your favorite food?

Cake followed by cupcakes followed by cake pops.

1819

Z. Zodiac sign?

Gemini. I’m totally a Gemini.

All six of us get along great!

Questions of the Day

Day of choice? Essential item? January or July? Phobias? Quotes? Reasons to smile? Unknown fact about you? Worst habit?

P.S. Nikki’s Coconut Butter is having a HUGE sale right now! There’s 18% of everything in the store with code ‘Nikki18.’ It’s time to stock up, people!

Ellen @ Wannabe Health Nut July 19, 2013 at 1:03 pm

Fun! Here are some of mine:

Attached or Single: Engaged!

Best Friend: My sister, Liza. (It’s OK, my fiance is totally aware of this.;)

Cake or Pie: Cupcake, hands down.

Hometown: Lexington, KY but I live in NYC!

Favorite Indulgence: Used to be ice cream, but I gotta go with the cupcake again.

Marriage date: April 26, 2014

Brothers/Sisters: I’m a triplet! One brother, one sister…best of both worlds.

Vegetable: I just can’t get enough kale these days. I also recently discovered kohlrabi and it was very crisp and refreshing!

Zodiac: Sagittarius

Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner July 19, 2013 at 1:56 pm

@Ellen @ Wannabe Health Nut: How cool to be a triplet with both a brother AND a sister!

Amelia July 19, 2013 at 1:33 pm

Love surveys! I feel the same way about pajamas – I’ve got to wear pants!

Day of choice? It’s a toss up between Friday or Sunday.
    Essential item? Love me my throwback paper calendar/organizer
    January or July? January! I’d gladly give up this gross hot weather for a nice quiet snowstorm. Unless, I’m at the beach. Unfortunately, I’m not.
    Quotes? Don’t believe everything you think.
    If I want to change my outer life, I must change my inner life first.
    Reasons to smile? It’s Friday! Catching up with a good friend over coffee first thing this morning. I’m have a hair appointment tomorrow and I love getting my hair done!

Mia @ MakeMeUpMia July 19, 2013 at 1:38 pm

I am right there with you with never being able to relax, there is always something that needs done in my mind! You look so pretty in that pic with the blue shirt :)

Maureen July 19, 2013 at 1:50 pm

Your nephew is so cute!
    I do NOT know how you can wear sweats to bed. Do you have a million fans going in your room? :)

Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner July 19, 2013 at 2:00 pm

Ooh, I love reading these!

Day of Choice: Saturday. I don’t have to wake up to an alarm clock. :)
    January or July: July all the way! I am not a fan of winter at all. Plus, my birthday is in July.
    Unknown Fact About You: I don’t have to wear sweatpants to bed, but I MUST sleep under covers, no matter how hot.

Kristin July 19, 2013 at 2:06 pm

I just wanted to say that I love reading your blog! I love reading about your crossfit workouts and seeing pictures of your latest recipe creations. I also adore Murphy pics! Thanks for sharing when certain products are having online sales too. I just stocked up on some BIC headbands! :) Have a great weekend!

Holly July 19, 2013 at 2:09 pm

Oh my gosh, Matthew is ADORABLE!!!

Annette July 19, 2013 at 2:33 pm

Day of choice-Friday, followed by Sunday (I heart lazy Sundays)
    Essential item-Moisturizer/Lotion (I hate dry skin)
    January or July-July, cuz it’s my birthday month ;)
    Phobias-being eaten by a bear or shark
    Quotes-TOO MANY, but here are some of my faves
    -“If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.”
    -“Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.”
    -”Life always offers you a second chance, it’s called tomorrow”
    Reasons to smile? My health, my family, it’s Friday!!
    Worst habit? Staying up too late, even if I’m exhausted, I’m such a night owl..LOL

Alex July 19, 2013 at 2:39 pm

Awesome post! That picture of you as a little girl hardly looks like you!

Kristi July 19, 2013 at 2:57 pm

I love survey posts. I think my worst habit is not being able to relax either. I feel like I always have to be doing something.

Rachel @ Undercover Diva: A Sitcom July 19, 2013 at 3:05 pm

I have an irrational fear of horses.

I can’t believe you wear sweats to bed…I am a sweaty sleeper so it’s asking a lot of me to even wear pants to bed.

Shel@PeachyPalate July 19, 2013 at 3:22 pm

Monday! It’s my day off! July and I also can’t do “nothing”…never really switch off..the exception being when getting a massage! It’s my niece’s 5th birthday this weekend and I got her new Converse with her name embroidered as part of her present…Naoise is such a hard name to find on anything…I’m smiling just thinking about her little face! “Most people have no idea how good their body is designed to feel.”

Xai July 19, 2013 at 3:24 pm

I don’t know what is more adorable, your wedding picture or your baby nephew. Never mind I know the answer: it’s Murphy!

Rachel McIntyre July 19, 2013 at 3:35 pm

I totally agree with you about the water chestnuts. Yuk! My husband would agree with the shark phobia. Mine is snakes. I can’t even look at pictures of them!

I love Saturdays and July.

Liz July 19, 2013 at 4:35 pm

Favorite Day: Always Saturday, it’s the day I’m least likely to work and am most likely to have fun!

January or July: July because it’s baseball season, Go Nats!

Essential Item: Right now it’s my Retinol cream — trying to stop the aging process early. Fun times!

Quotes: I’ve been loving quotes on pinterest lately — my favorite quote is probably from the Dalai Lama, “Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.”

Thing that is making me smile lately: I got this dark chocolate bar that I eat a small piece of every day that has pop rocks in it, I had forgotten how much fun pop rocks are!

Kay July 19, 2013 at 5:05 pm

I like saturdays, January over July
    I just got a juicer!

Lauren July 19, 2013 at 5:12 pm

Friday is the best, of course! So many expectations for the weekend!

I wish I could say January because it’s my birthday month, but who could pick that over July? I love summer bbqs, the 4th, and the beach!

Peach July 19, 2013 at 5:16 pm

Phobias – with you on deep water, sharks and being a not-so-great swimmer! EEK, go away, Sharknado!!

Love this post and may pretend that you tagged me, too. :)

Jamie July 19, 2013 at 5:26 pm

U – I totally do the same thing!!!

Lisa July 19, 2013 at 6:12 pm

Season of choice – definitely Fall!

Liesl @ Fitnessinthekitchen July 19, 2013 at 6:24 pm

I love that your favorite food is cake followed by cake pops! Smiles!!
    I can’t wait to read all about the Crossfit Games here on CNC. So exciting!!

Jaime July 19, 2013 at 8:40 pm

Oh my God!!! I HATE water chestnuts too! They are horrible!

Tina July 19, 2013 at 9:58 pm

They’re the worst! Haha!

Jill July 19, 2013 at 11:18 pm

@Jaime: Agree….

Jill July 19, 2013 at 11:17 pm

Day of choice? Friday or Saturday maybe…
    Essential item? Something to read.
    January or July? July….I dread winter….seriously dread it. (although this heat wave is really draining, but still)…
    Phobias? The idea of being trapped in a small hole or underground or something…gives me the willies to think of earth/dirt/gravel to be pressing in all 4 sides…
    Quotes? “Some people care too much. I think it’s called love.” – Winnie the Pooh
    Reasons to smile? I hope to find this out…
    Unknown fact about you? Many…
    Worst habit? Eats far too much far too late at night….even when I feel I might explode, I keep going…also very routine with foods, same foods over and over.

Jaime July 20, 2013 at 12:26 am

Favorite Day: Sunday. It’s almost always lazy.

January or July: Make me pick and it’s January. Can I have April or November instead, please?

Essential Item: Moisturizer! I wear it everyday on most parts of my body but ALWAYS on my face.

Quotes (quotations…not quotes…): I was an English major. Let’s go with: “One knows a good book when one meets it. It is like falling in love.” – Christopher Morley.

Jan @ Sprouts n Squats July 20, 2013 at 8:14 am

January for sure but here in Australia that is when it is summer time :)

I definitely prefer cake too. I hate spiders, they are my phobia. They give me the heebie jeebies!

She Rocks Fitness July 20, 2013 at 9:56 am

I think I am going to use this for Monday…A good way for my readers to learn a little bit about me. :) PS: thank you for turning me onto frozen brussel sprouts! They are so so so GOOD and easy!

Emma July 21, 2013 at 12:18 am

Totally agree with you on the water chestnuts – yuck! What a fun survey!

Catherine July 21, 2013 at 12:21 am

I’ll be at the Be A Hero Become a Donor Bone Marrow booth on Saturday at the CrossFit Games in Carson. Swing by and say hi! Also, I thought I was the only one that couldn’t sleep with bare legs touching!

Whitney Money July 22, 2013 at 10:14 am

Day of choice? Thursday!
    Essential item? Chacos. I got them for Christmas this year and am obsessed.
    January or July? July!! Duh, I love summer.
    Phobias? Tornadoes. The ocean.
    Quotes? I love quotes too! I have a few tattooed and love using quotes from songs.
    Reasons to smile? My husband. We got married this May and could not be happier!
    Unknown fact about you? My knees hurt when I’m tired. I don’t know how if it’s a sign arthritis- I’ve gone to the doctor a few times for it and still don’t know the cause.
    Worst habit? Nail biting. I have stopped in the past year, but occasionally have relapses. I hate it.

Briana July 22, 2013 at 7:02 pm

Noooo was that Nikki’s code only for the weekend?? I just tried to use it and no luck! :(

Tina July 22, 2013 at 7:12 pm

Yea, it was only good through Sunday. :(

Cindy July 23, 2013 at 12:29 pm

So jealous that you are going to the Crossfit Games. Half marathon row, anyone!?!?! Yikes!! Have a great time!

Awesome survey. I love them!!