• 7 Things That Happened Yesterday

July 16, 2013

Good morning!!

This post is super random. Ready? Here are 7 things that happened yesterday!

I finally ordered one of Murphy’s photos from 1000 Pugs. The photographer gave us three options, and Mal and I liked the one below the best. Look at his weird lip! I can’t even look at this photo without smiling.

Murphy_1000_Pugs

I cleaned out my closet and dresser and donated a ton of clothes. I’m still working on dressing better, which includes weeding out my old, ugly clothes and making room for new ones.

Mal and I went to a couple of banks to check out some financing options. Our “building up” plan is moving, but slowly. We wanted to get a construction loan, but they’re becoming harder and harder to find. We’re also looking into home equity loans, but I’m not sure we’ve built up enough yet. If you’ve done work to your house in the past and have any advice, we’re all ears!

A new shipment of Nikki’s Coconut Butter arrived at my house! On Friday, I ordered some jars of the vanilla cake batter coconut butter, and it showed up just 72 hours later. Holy fast delivery!

nikki's coconut butter

I ate some cashew butter (with a sliced banana) as an afternoon snack yesterday. I am now obsessed with cashew butter. That is all.

I made Artichoke Lemon Pesto Chicken Pasta for dinner last night and, holy crap, it was amazing. I know I’ve said this before, but Juli from PaleOMG is a genius. Her recipes are phenomenal.

artichoke lemon pesto chicken pasta paleOMG

I did a drop-in at a Quincy City CrossFit last night. The new box opened a couple of months ago, and a few of my friends from 781 now workout there, so I went to a class last night so I could WOD with them. It was a lot of fun!

Health News & Views

If you’re sticking with your exercise routine this summer, congrats! You’re doing something great for your mind, body, and soul. But, did you know you can get even more out of your sweat session by fueling your body right?

Especially if you’re trying to lose weight, it might sound counter-intuitive to eat something before you exercise, but providing your body with some extra energy will help you push through your workout and go longer and stronger, so you get the results you want. With that said, try these all-natural foods to energize your fitness routine!

3 Foods to Eat Before Your Summer Workout

How was your Monday? Name something fun/cool/exciting that happened yesterday!

Kay July 16, 2013 at 2:07 pm

haha that picture of murphy is too funny !

Christina @ The Beautiful Balance July 16, 2013 at 2:39 pm

I need that coconut butter in my life asap!!

Audrey @ In Shape Cupcake July 16, 2013 at 3:36 pm

Nothing cool yesterday. BLAH. Today though, the sun came out and no clouds in the sky! Wait just kidding, there’s a few. But anyway, happy to see some sun! Took my workout outside!

erika July 16, 2013 at 6:34 pm

I took an awesome spin class yesterday! The music was blasting and I was sweating like crazy. Last week I tried cashew butter for the first time and it is crazy good. It also helped that I tried the chocolate hazelnut flavor!

amanda jewell July 16, 2013 at 10:25 pm

Have you tried any other Nikki’s flavors yet? I love the vanilla cake batter, but was thinking of switching it up for next order.

Tina July 16, 2013 at 10:34 pm

I also really like the Chocolate Hazelnut Brownie and Macadamia Nut Cookie flavors!

Mary Beth Castagnaro July 17, 2013 at 7:55 pm

I liked Murphies photo.

Funaek July 19, 2013 at 9:49 pm

LOVE Murphy’s 1000 pugs photo! You guys picked a good one – I mean look at that lip! I’m so jealous you were able to participate in that photo project, all the photos so far look amazing!

Janelle August 24, 2013 at 1:26 am

Hi. I also participated in the 1000 pug project but I can not get my pictures, or get Amanda to respond to me. I was curious about your experience and how you were able to contact her. My fear is that she really took off more than she can chew and she is just done. I don’t think she scammed us on purpose, but I am sure she used the money to fund her travels and there is no money to refund. Anyway, she hasn’t been on her blog since June 21st, her photography site is “unavailable”, the 1000 pug site is down and she won’t answer any emails.

Tina August 24, 2013 at 6:57 am

Ugh, I’m in the same boat. We ordered a pic of Murphy, but then received a refund the other day. I haven’t email Amanda yet, but I plan to. I wonder what’s going on?