• Fitbloggin’ Lovin’

June 29, 2013

Good morning!

Fitbloggin’ is off to a great start! I’m having an awesome time (best conference ever), and, I must say, I’m really loving this new tank from Reebok.

who made the rules reebok tank

This year’s Fitbloggin’ attendees received a whole bunch of sweet swag from Reebok (one of the event’s sponsors), including new Nanos, duffle bags, and tank tops, including the “who made the rules” one I am wearing. Reebok was really good to us!

Breakfast

I woke up hungry and more than ready to eat yesterday morning, so I was pumped that breakfast started early. Feed me!

The breakfast buffet at Fitbloggin’ had all sorts of healthy options: fresh fruit, eggs, bacon, roasted potatoes, various pastries and muffins, juice, and coffee.

After a quick bite to eat, Anne, Gina, Julie, Heather, and I said “hi” to our friends at Reebok and took some fun pics. There are a bunch of conference sponsors with booths that attendees can visit throughout the day, so we made sure to visit Reebok and thank them for sponsoring our trips to Fitbloggin’ through Fitfluential.

reebok_bloggers_at_fitbloggin

Workouts

Then, it was time to get our sweat on!

cardio dance reebok

The first class I took was called “Cardio Dance,” and it was taught by Patricia Moreno, who was an incredible and seriously inspirational instructor.

Yay! Cardio Dance! Julie and Anne were ready!

Going into the class, I thought I might struggle a little bit with the choreography (I am so not a dancer), but the movements ended up being fairly repetitive—sort of like fast-paced aerobics or kickboxing with some plyometics mixed in—so I had no problem catching on!

The workout itself was great—I was a sweaty mess by the end—but the best part about Patricia’s class was how inspirational it was. Every move we did was matched with a powerful and motivating mantra. So, for example, every time we squatted down and rolled our fists forward in a circle, we said: “You are powerful beyond measure.” Then, when we punched forward, we said: “You are stronger than you seem.” There were about a dozen moves mixed with corresponding mantras.

It was really neat hearing a room full of people shouting such motivational words together while working out, so I just had to take a video to share with you guys. It was awesome!

Here are Patricia’s “Miracle-Causing Mantras” that we said during yesterday’s Cardio Dance workout:

miracle_causing_mantras_

I loved Patricia’s class so much, I asked to get a photo with her afterward. What an inspirational woman! Love her!

After Cardio Dance, we had a quick break, so I went to visit my friends at The Laughing Cow, who have a booth at Fitbloggin’ this weekend.

They have a fun, little trivia game for Fitbloggin’ attendees where you can win a workout headband or water bottle for getting the answer correct. I thought this joke was especially cute:

The answer: A milkshake! I feel like this joke needs to be on Ellen’s “Classic Joke Tuesday!” Haha!

The next workout of the day was Zumba, which was a ton of fun! Samantha and Sue taught the majority of the class, but a few guest instructors popped in for a few songs, including Gina!

I’ve only done Zumba a few times, but I always love it when I do and yesterday was no different. The Zumba class had so many people in it, and I had a blast shaking my booty with everyone!

More adventures to come!

Questions of the Day

What are some of your favorite motivational mantras?

What are your favorite dance workouts?

Taylor @ Liftingrevolution June 29, 2013 at 10:24 am

Fun! Can’t say that I’ve done a dance workout that I’ve loved yet. Still open to the idea, just haven’t found one that rocked my socks off.

Motivation… Someone else is doing it even better so give it what you’ve got.

Meghan @ After the Ivy League June 29, 2013 at 10:45 am

Love the video of the cardio dance workout! It’s always fun to watch those and get a better idea of what the class was like. Looks like you guys are having a blast!

Mabelle @ Dance, Love, Dine June 29, 2013 at 10:57 am

I am so jealous! :) I LOVE goodie bags. Sounds like Reebok is being awesome! I love the mantras, by the way— seem like something I should print and put up somewhere in my apartment. Enjoy the conference!

cait June 29, 2013 at 11:17 am

that tank is from tara stile’s line. love her!

Christine@ Apple of My Eye June 29, 2013 at 11:33 am

It looks like it’s such a wonderful conference! I’ve read some other blogs today about it and everyone seems to really love the time they’re spending there :)

That new top is so cute and I’m super jealous of all the free swag you guys are getting! I need a deluxe breakfast like that everyday ;)

Elle @ The Clean Project June 29, 2013 at 11:55 am

favorite motivational saying “if you want it, prove it”

Lisa June 29, 2013 at 11:55 am

Looks SO fun!!
    Haha, I don’t think there’s actually been a dance workout I’ve done that I like since I’m pretty uncoordinated, unless I go out with friends but zumba does always sound like a good time from what I hear.

Miranda @ Miranda Runs June 29, 2013 at 12:26 pm

I have so much jealousy right now. I wanna goooooooo! Haha :)

Hayley @ Running on Pumpkin June 29, 2013 at 12:46 pm

I love those mantras! I especially like when yoga instructors use positive mantras like that during practice. I am a terrible dancer and hardly ever do dance/cardio classes but they seem fun!

Dee June 29, 2013 at 12:53 pm

That cardio dance workout looked and sounded like it was a lot of fun! And zumba! I love zumba. Sounds like you are having a great time. Can’t wait to read more about it. :)

M June 29, 2013 at 1:04 pm

Patricia Moreno is the best! She teaches at my gym and I love her classes. The mantra that has stuck with me from one of her classes is “All I need is within me”.

Tina June 29, 2013 at 1:32 pm

That is awesome! I really loved her!

Maureen June 29, 2013 at 1:05 pm

I just have to say that what I love about Fitbloggin’ the most {at least through all the IG pics I have seen} is that this is a place where everyone is accepted! I have seen pictures of people with ALL body types and I love that! Glad you’re having fun!

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl June 29, 2013 at 1:25 pm

That cardio dance workout looks SO fun! I used to be a dancer back in the day, so that is totally right up my alley :).

Amanda @ Pink Runner Girl June 29, 2013 at 2:11 pm

You guys all look like you’re having so much fun! That’s so awesome you get to spend time like that with fellow bloggers. You look great by the way. I would kill to have your arms!
    One of my favorite dance workouts is probably Just Dance on Wii. Haha! It’s so much fun!! I know that probably doesn’t count…but it really is a blast!

Shel@PeachyPalate June 29, 2013 at 2:53 pm

Dance workouts are so not my thing! My mum used to do Zumba..well she did it for 8 weeks straight and loved it! I don’t I think I have the coordination!

Lindsay June 29, 2013 at 4:25 pm

Favorite mantras: Dance because you love it, Dance because you LIVE it, Dance because you have nothing to prove and EVERYTHING to share.

As a dancer, I’ve lived my life in a studio and utilizing dance as my exercise. The above is my mantra because with how competitive it is to get jobs, I always had to remind myself the main reason I do it. Because I LOVE it and I want to share that passion with my students and the world:) Jazz and tap remain two of my fave workouts, but ZUMBA has taken a seriously fun role in my life as well!

Melanie @ Happy Being Healthy June 29, 2013 at 4:47 pm

Everything looks like so much fun! I love your tank top, the classes and all the inspirational mantras!

Dori June 29, 2013 at 5:00 pm

You did IntenSati! I wonder why they gave it a different name? I love Patricia and I love that class, it is so uplifting and a great workout. I organized one for an event a couple years ago and it was a big hit.

Kelly June 29, 2013 at 6:14 pm

Lol, I would not say bacon or pastries are healthy! ;=) I love the Zumba outfits!!

Amy June 29, 2013 at 8:10 pm

@Kelly: I agree! I was thinking the same thing when I read your statement that there were lots of healthy options! You may want to splurge which is your choice but there is NOTHING healthy about muffins, pastries or bacon ;)

Tina June 29, 2013 at 8:18 pm

Bacon IS healthy! ;)

purelytwins June 29, 2013 at 6:34 pm

looks like fun!! we still need to try out zumba!

Kristi June 29, 2013 at 8:01 pm

I loved going to Zumba when i had a membership to the YMCA.
    I love seeing the people from blogs that I read together in one picture :)

Kristen @ Medium Roast June 29, 2013 at 9:02 pm

I love the idea of mantras during workouts! I’ve never done a dance cardio class, but that video looked really fun! And FitBloggin’ looks fantastic. I hope I get to go one day!

Dani @Run Daniella Run June 29, 2013 at 9:03 pm

I had to do a double take but just realized I am the girl in purple in your breakfast buffet picture, lol! I didn’t even realize you were taking that picture. Great to meet you this weekend,Safe travels home!

Tina June 29, 2013 at 9:11 pm

Haha! You too! :)

Jan @ Sprouts n Squats June 29, 2013 at 9:36 pm

I’m so jealous!! You looked like you had such a great time :)

Love that classic milkshake joke, hehe.

Especially love all the mantras you jotted down, definitely sounded like an inspirational class.

Jody - Fit at 55 June 29, 2013 at 9:53 pm

I have been following all the pics & posts – so missed meeting everyone!

Beth Sheridan (sugarcoatedsheridans.com) June 29, 2013 at 10:20 pm

Looks like such a wonderful time…Love the video :)

Annette@FitnessPerks June 30, 2013 at 1:02 am

That looks so fun! I love teaching Zumba–glad you all got a taste of it there too :)

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More June 30, 2013 at 9:01 am

So fun! I wish I could have gone this year but it just wasn’t in the cards – hopefully next year though!

Julie @ RDelicious Kitchen June 30, 2013 at 7:36 pm

what an awesome experience. Is there a list of all the bloggers who attended?

Tina June 30, 2013 at 8:02 pm

I think there’s one on the Fitbloggin’ website!

Heather @ Housewife Glamour July 1, 2013 at 1:00 pm
    Tina July 1, 2013 at 1:10 pm

Thanks for the link!!

katey June 30, 2013 at 9:32 pm

Weird coincidence about the milkshake joke – Riley found a bookmark in one of her library books and written on it was, “What do get when a cow jumps on a trampoline?” or something like that and the answer was “milkshake!” You two have the same humor!!! ;-)

Tina June 30, 2013 at 9:33 pm

Haha! :)

Gretchen June 30, 2013 at 11:40 pm

Great post! I would love to attend the next conference and meet everyone. It looks like so much fun!

Heather @ Housewife Glamour July 1, 2013 at 1:01 pm

So much fun! I am enjoying reading all of the recap posts from you girls. Love the milkshake joke… I totally missed that!

Christina @ The Beautiful Balance July 2, 2013 at 2:00 am

Looks like so much fun!! Love that she adds mantra into the mix, it’s so original :)