• Snapshots {Friday}

IMG_3333

pug_sitting_in_water

park with Murphy

008

TJ's_stone_ground_extra_dark_chocolate

Murphy_pug

What was the BEST thing you ate yesterday?

Mine was a toss up between the wasabi hummus and the stone ground chocolate. Mmm! Loved them both!

Lisa May 11, 2013 at 12:55 pm

The best thing I ate yesterday was a Blueberry Chobani with some Barney Butter Almond Butter mixed in … so yummy!

Ellie@Fit for the soul May 11, 2013 at 1:09 pm

Hehehe Murphy looks so happy in the water, although his frown is forever on his cute little face, lol. :P And the best thing I ate yesterday was chicken noodle soup!

Annette@FitnessPerks May 11, 2013 at 1:11 pm

Best thing I ate yesterday was my delicious concoction of grapefruit zevia + lime sherbet. SO so good.

Have a lovely weekend!

Purelytwins May 11, 2013 at 1:14 pm

best thing we ate was plantains :) cooked in some coconut oil. so good!

Jen @nutcaseinpoint May 11, 2013 at 1:32 pm

Sugar snap peas with yogurt cucumber dill dressing and a coconut water!

Angie @ Pint of Goals May 11, 2013 at 1:34 pm

I shared an amazing veggie and charcuterie board with my husband and another couple at a bar/restaurant – it also had white bean hummus, a cheese dip, and red pepper spread. It ended up being a great dinner!
    I’ve never tried the non-flavored kombucha – is it good or do you like the flavored kinds better?

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance May 11, 2013 at 1:36 pm

That Mexican dark chocolate from TJ’s is my favorite! And they discontinued it by me (but they put it on clearance first for 1.99 a package–so I stocked up–my freezer is loaded now). So, if you like it, keep an eye on it!

The best thing I ate yesterday was sushi! It totally hit the spot.

Jen May 11, 2013 at 1:36 pm

Best thing I ate was a pineapple chobani with tj’s peanut butter stirred in!

First crossfit today! Loved it! :)

Raymond May 11, 2013 at 1:52 pm

Chocolates are yummy and quite fascinating for eating and keeping at home for your children. But in fact the black gold is not so healthy and contain many harmful elements which can cause you serious health disorders. So avoid as much as you can, in order to keep you fit and healthy and eat only those bands which don’t compromise on high quality standards.

Honey May 11, 2013 at 1:53 pm

That dark chocolate would last me two days. I eat 1-1.5 oz dark chocolate per night :) Oops :)
    Really want your sun. Really.

Sarah (Shh..Fit Happens) May 11, 2013 at 1:54 pm

Mmmm, wasabi humus sounds good! I ate pretty well yesterday…filets and asparagus on the grill with coconut shrimp! Yay for BBQing season!

Nicole May 11, 2013 at 2:03 pm

Asparagus fresh from a local farm!

Jackie May 11, 2013 at 2:04 pm

Do you recommend a certain Kombucha flavor for first try?

Tina May 11, 2013 at 2:49 pm

I’ve liked all the ones I’ve tried, but I’d give one of the berry-flavored ones a try first. They don’t have a super strong Kombucha flavor.

Karen May 11, 2013 at 2:20 pm

Roasted vegetables ! Asparagus, carrots, red and yellow peppers, red onion, sweet potato. Goes great with everything !

Rachel @ Undercover Diva: A Sitcom May 11, 2013 at 2:23 pm

Haha I can’t tell if Murphy is overly excited about being in the water in that second picture or if he wants out. It’s SO cute, though! The best thing I ate yesterday was coconut ice cream. Yum :D

Christine@ Apple of My Eye May 11, 2013 at 2:31 pm

Murphy looks so cute in the water!

The best thing I ate yesterday was my Mom’s homemade Norwegian strawberry cake. SO good!

Shel@PeachyPalate May 11, 2013 at 2:34 pm

A new gluten free raspberry coconut and almond lemon cake…quite the mouthful! Topped with yet more raspberries and a raw cashew butter! EPIC!

Danica May 11, 2013 at 2:38 pm

The best thing I ate yesterday was my after dinner “dessert”: vanilla greek yogurt with cocoa powder, raspberries and peanut butter. totally hit the spot!

What did you mix with the avocado to make that guac/dip?

Tina May 11, 2013 at 2:48 pm

For the guac, I just added lime juice, minced garlic, salt, and pepper.

Miranda @ Miranda Runs May 11, 2013 at 3:12 pm

I want to try barre so badly! I’m actually going to do a video right now :)

Caitlin May 11, 2013 at 3:45 pm

I LOVE the picture of the blossoms against the blue sky. It’s really beautiful!

Alyssa @ Road to RD May 11, 2013 at 3:57 pm

Yum! Guac and rice crackers! The best thing I ate all day was my breakfast of oatmeal, frozen berries, Greek yogurt, and pb!

Sara @ sarasmiles May 11, 2013 at 3:57 pm

These carob and goji berry bars I made the other day! Holy moly…

Jodea @ chillichocolatelove.com May 11, 2013 at 4:34 pm

Sweet potato wedges. Simple but they just never get old!

kim May 11, 2013 at 4:36 pm

The best thing I ate was leftover creamed spinach I made with coconut oil and Greek yogurt subbed for butter and cream…I was nervous about it, but it turned out sooo yummy

AJ May 11, 2013 at 4:44 pm

wasabi hummus sounds amazing! as does the extra dark chocolate. yummmm

-AJ
    FitTravelerAJ.com

Aurora@Fitness is Sweet May 11, 2013 at 4:51 pm

Guacamole with plantain chips!

Tina May 11, 2013 at 10:13 pm

That combo sounds really tasty!!

Christina @TheTinyRunner May 11, 2013 at 6:21 pm

Definitely sweet potato fries! They get me every time! I love them!

Bethy May 11, 2013 at 6:35 pm

Oh man! That’s my favorite kombucha! 2nd placed by their ginger kombucha. :)

Jojo May 11, 2013 at 7:38 pm

A pulled pork “slider”

Lillian @ Seize the Latte May 11, 2013 at 7:56 pm

Hmmm, that’s a toss-up between the GF blueberry waffles I had this morning and the GF pretzels with chocolate almond milk I just snacked on a moment ago. Neither is especially healthy, but my gawd, both were sublime. :)

I love the pictures — hooray for springtime and delicious food!

Beth Sheridan May 11, 2013 at 8:08 pm

Well it wasn’t actually yesterday, but today I got to hit a Trader Joe’s (the closest one is over 2 hours from my house) and I picked up their Chocolate Granola Cereal Just the Cluster…Talk about yum yum!!

Tina May 11, 2013 at 10:12 pm

Yummm!

Kristen @ notsodomesticated May 11, 2013 at 8:41 pm

Best thing I ate … frozen yogurt. :) It was toasted marshmallow and birthday cake flavors, topped with brownie and cookie dough pieces!

Tina May 11, 2013 at 10:12 pm

That sounds amazing!

Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat May 11, 2013 at 9:53 pm

A piece of tomato, kale and basil quiche!

Michelle (The Runner's Plate) May 11, 2013 at 10:20 pm

My husband made an egg bake dish this morning for breakfast that was amazing! My mom always told me I should marry someone who liked to cook. Good thing I did! ;)

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl May 11, 2013 at 10:30 pm

How are the barre classes? I have been wanting to try one for awhile now!

Tina May 11, 2013 at 10:44 pm

They’re awesome! I’m a big fan!

Anne @strawberryjampackedlife May 11, 2013 at 10:32 pm

Bread and pesto/olive oil dip.

Jan @ Sprouts n Squats May 12, 2013 at 1:10 am

Murphy looks so happy in the water :)

Best thing I ate was actually today, at a brunch place we went to for Mother’s Day with my mum and sister they gave us a free dessert platter which had brownies, creme brûlée and bread and butter pudding, so delicious! And since it was free the calories don’t count ;)

fardous May 12, 2013 at 6:59 am

ur dog is so cute

Elizabeth @Positive Changes May 12, 2013 at 7:13 am

Can you describe what Kombacha tastes like? I have been interested because of hearing about the awesome digestive aid it provides! Rice crackers and guac are amazing together!! Best thing I ate yesterday was the pork salad from Chipotle! YUM!

Tina May 12, 2013 at 8:21 am

It’s an interesting flavor! It’s fizzy and fermented. The drinks come in different flavors though, so you might like that!

She Rocks Fitness May 12, 2013 at 7:51 am

I had dinner at a family friends with lots of wine, homemade meatballs, ravioli, Italian bread, and a arugula salad with blue cheese and olive oil. OMG it was FABULOUS! I had a very happy belly that evening! :)

Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner May 12, 2013 at 8:02 am

The best thing I ate yesterday was a mini Raspberry Mocha cupcake from a coffeehouse….mmmm, chocolate.

Mallory May 12, 2013 at 8:50 am

The BEST thing I ate yesterday was a greek chicken burger (marinated chicken BBQd, tatziki, feta, red onion, roasted red peppers on a bun). I could eat this EVERY days!

KarenG May 12, 2013 at 9:34 am

Tried your almond power cookies from the other day. Delicious ! didn’t have any coconut oil so I used hazelnut oil. They were great !

Tina May 12, 2013 at 10:02 am

So glad to hear that!

Jennifer May 12, 2013 at 9:55 am

Homemade crepes with spinach/mushroom filling. Yum!

Stacey May 12, 2013 at 1:34 pm

Smoked ribs and DQ ice cream cake for a Vet College Grad Party :) Still dreaming about it!

sunshine May 15, 2013 at 6:50 am

Dark chocolate looks yummy.

Jill November 29, 2013 at 5:29 pm

Instead of purchasing white bean dip or hummus, you should just purchase a can of S&S white beans, reserve a little of the liquid from the can. Rinse the beans, add some hot sauce and blend the beans, liquid and hot sauce in a magic bullet. Creamy fabulous dip and think is costs about 89 cents!!