Hi, friends! Happy Friday!
I got home really late from Milwaukee (here’s what I was doing there) on Wednesday night (technically Thursday morning), so I slept in a little and then woke up hungry for breakfast. Our kitchen looked pretty pathetic food-wise (I mean, we were totally out of bananas, which is no way to start the day), so I worked with what we had and ended up with a surprisingly delicious breakfast.
There were some leftover Sweet Potato Wedges in the refrigerator, so I mixed them with two eggs, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and ground ginger to make a pancake, which tasted almost exactly like a ginger snap cookie. It was SO good. Mmm!
Ginger Snap Pancake
- 1/3 cup mashed sweet potato
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Sprinkle of ground ginger
- In a food processor (or by hand), blend together ingredients.
- Heat a skillet (medium-low heat), spray with non-stick spray, and pour in batter while shaping it into a pancake with a spoon.
- Heat until partially cooked and flip pancake.
- Once cooked through, top with syrup, nut butter, fresh fruit or anything else your heart desires.
Makes 1 large pancake
Health News & Views
Mother’s Day is this weekend. Have you thought about how you are going to celebrate? How about with a workout?
It’s never too late to pick up a healthy habit together, so enlist your mom for mother-daughter activity this Sunday. Keep these tips in mind to help you shape up with your mom!
Murphy Loves Dinnertime
And for the Murphy lovers, here’s a video that I took the other day, which shows how enthusiastic he gets about dinnertime. It cracks me up when it kicks the cabinet where the food is stored! Haha!
Questions of the Day
Does your dog do anything ridiculous when it’s meal time?
How are you celebrating Mother’s Day this year?
P.S. Be sure to enter my giveaway to win a copy of Meghan Telpner’s UnDiet! I will pick a winner on Monday morning.