• Currently Survey

May 26, 2013

I saw this survey on Julie’s blog last week, and it looked like fun, so I decided to play along this morning. It’s appropriately called “currently,” and it takes you through some of the things I am loving right now. Feel free to play along in the comments section!

Current Book:

I just started reading I Was Told There’d Be Cake the other night. So far, so good!

Current Music:

I’m currently loving Macklemore. I’m also on a Killer’s kick again; I love “Battle Born.”

MACKLEMORE

Current Guilty Pleasure:

Spoonfuls of Funfetti frosting straight from the jar.

Confetti_Funfetti_frosting

Current Nail Color:

“Ooo La Liscious” from the Red Carpet gel polish line. I’m all about the bright pinks lately.

manicure-and-new-purse

Current Drink:

Marylou’s white chocolate chip with milk and one sugar. I swear it tastes like Kahlua (minus the booze).

marylou's iced coffee white chocolate chip

Current Food:

I’ve been really into the Sweet & Salty Granola I posted about last week. I’ve been eating it with yogurt and almond milk, but also by the handful.

sweet_and_salty_granola_gluten-free

Current Favorite Show:

Lately, I’ve been watching a lot of Tosh.0 and The Colbert Report.

Current Wish List:

To get off steroids once and for all. I am starting a new drug next week (Uceris), so, hopefully, it works.

Current Needs:

A haircut. I have some nasty, dry ends that desperately need to be trimmed.

Current Indulgence:

Massages. I’ve been getting them once a month to help with the muscle imbalances in my lower back and just to relax.

Current Blessing:

Being physically able to do the things I love.

deadlifts 13.2 (640x429)

Current Outfit:

Jeans, gray long-sleeve CrossFit shirt from Reebok, which I wear at least once a week, and green TOMS. It’s a super comfy outfit.

Current Excitement:

ZOOMA race with Theodora and Anne next weekend. Reunion!

army 10-miler

Current book?

Current music?

Current outfit?

Current excitement?

P.S. Be sure to enter my giveaway to win a 90-day membership to FitnessGlo!

Jelena@FabLifePhD May 26, 2013 at 12:32 pm

Book:Where she went, Gayle Forman, a sequel of Julie’s book club
    Music: Coldplay, Yellow
    Clothes: Stella McCartney for Adidas yoga pants and purple Time out cotton T-shirt. Perfect for rainy Sunday
    Excitement: 10K night race in Bonn, Germany on Wednesday and trip to Serbia for high school reunion on Thursday

Miranda @ Miranda Runs May 26, 2013 at 12:38 pm

Oh my gosh you have to dip pretzel sticks in vanilla frosting (or Funfetti). It’s SO good ;)
    Current outfit?
    Yogz and a tshirt (as always)
    Current excitement?
    PROM in 5 days!!!!!

Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries May 26, 2013 at 12:55 pm

Current book: Babywise – pretty much all of my books of choice lately have been related to babies. ;)
    Current music: I’ve been loving some of the new country songs out… One of them in particular being “Wagon Wheel” by Darius Rucker
    Current outfit: Maxi skirt and tank top
    Current excitement: For dinner tonight! We’re going to a fanchy schmancy restaurant called Ocean Club for some celebrations. It has amazing food – can’t wait!

Melody May 27, 2013 at 12:04 am

@Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries: Babywise is AMAZING. We followed it with both of our boys (when I wasn’t too exhausted to remember what it said) and it has been the biggest blessing. We would not be the parents we are without it. :)

Jodea @ chillichocolatelove.com May 26, 2013 at 1:19 pm

Current excitement is going to Sorrento in two days! I’m wearing black leggings and a little green dress that’s just a bit too short in Spring weather without the leggings! I’m trying to get through two books at the moment, one called On Beauty and another I can’t remember the title of… Clearly I need a new book! Music – I’ve had Daft Punk’s new single in my head all day.

Elisabeth May 26, 2013 at 1:43 pm

I love The Killers!

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More May 26, 2013 at 2:16 pm

I’m such a sucker for surveys – so fun! :)
    Current book – in between, but I have a stack next to my bed to choose from ;)
    Current music – City and Colour – obsessed!
    Current outfit – yoga pants and top, post hot yoga
    Current excitement – my LIFE and career advances!

D May 26, 2013 at 2:27 pm

Current book: “Beautiful Creatures” by Stohl and Garcia

Current music: Nothing really. Whatever I hear on “The Voice” sometimes.

Current outfit: Not a fashionable person – consequence of no money.

Current excitement: In an effort to be positive, I’ll say sun.

Read more at http://carrotsncake.com/#60eCUbEUHYzvwKew.99

Linda @running4two May 26, 2013 at 2:31 pm

My outfit includes jeans and Toms as well :-).

My current excitement…the Zooma race! I hope to run into you (not literally) and say hi. :-)

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake May 26, 2013 at 3:00 pm

Funfetti frosting straight from the jar is my kind of snack!

caitlyn @ city and the cubicle May 26, 2013 at 3:20 pm

current books- tigers in red weather & born to run. i’m switching back and forth because they are both SO GOOD!

Cortney May 26, 2013 at 3:21 pm

Current outfit: B+W maxi dress, straw fedora and wedges.
    Current book: Distance Memories, A Reflection of a Life of the Run (a funny and inspiring read written by a local who has completed 200 marathons!)
    Music: Mumford and Sons
    Excitement: My 10K tomorrow. Been working my butt off for a PR–ready to claim it!!

P.S. Ben Haggerty (Macklemore) = Mal’s twin!!

Tina May 26, 2013 at 3:48 pm

Good luck tomorrow!!!

Theodora May 26, 2013 at 3:22 pm

Can’t wait to see you guys this weekend <3

Tina May 26, 2013 at 3:48 pm

Yay!!!

Christine@ Apple of My Eye May 26, 2013 at 3:29 pm

I love Macklemore’s new song “Can’t Hold Us”! It’s insanely perfect pump up music when I workout :).

I’ve also been loving massages. The main man gives great ones :)

Tina May 26, 2013 at 3:48 pm

Massages are the best. They’re great for the mind, body & soul!

Elle @ The Clean Project May 26, 2013 at 3:35 pm

Current Book: Reconstructing Amelia. i just finished this, so good!
    Current Music: Alt J
    Current Outfit: Running shorts and a sports bra, its super hot in our house
    Current Excitement: My weekend just started!

Jaime May 26, 2013 at 3:40 pm

Current book?
    Need to charge my Kindle. Currently reading Towers of Midnight, the second to last in the Wheel of Time series.

Current music?
    Anything on Pandora or Spotify. I like everything, pretty much, so if it gets played, mostly I listen.

Current outfit?
    I just bought a dress for a wedding I’m attending and it’s in a size I haven’t been since high school. So excited.

Current excitement?
    I start my externship on June 3rd. One more year until I’m a doctor(ate)!

Tina May 26, 2013 at 3:46 pm

I <3 Pandora!

So exciting about your externship. The year will fly by!

Traci May 26, 2013 at 3:55 pm

Fun survey!

Current book: Wild by Cheryl Strayed
    Current music: A mix of things on Spotify.
    Current outfit: Gap yoga crops, a black tank, and Saucony sneakers.
    Current excitement: 3-day weekend + relaxation!

Alyssa @ Road to RD May 26, 2013 at 4:21 pm

I love Tosh.O but sometimes I have to look away from the screen or change the channel because some things they show are too gross!

Tina May 26, 2013 at 4:33 pm

I know!!!!!!! Me too! Haha!

Beth @ Mangoes and Miles May 26, 2013 at 4:38 pm

I saw this on Julie’s blog and wanted to do it too! Your drink sounds so good. White chocolate anything is absolutely fabulous.

Current excitement–my dad is currently (hehe) making ribs for dinner tonight! He makes the absolute BEST ribs, and he doesn’t make them that often, so I’m super pumped!

Beth Sheridan May 26, 2013 at 7:28 pm

Love the currently survey…I did the same one last week.

Check it out…

Erika May 26, 2013 at 7:44 pm

Book–I’m reading two books right now, The Diviners by Libba Bray and Storm Front by Jim Butcher.

Music–I’m all over the place when it comes to music. Right now I’m listening to Justin Timberlake.

Outfit–just came home from the gym so in wearing Nike workout pants and an Under Armour tank.

Excitement–Chicago next month!

Tina May 26, 2013 at 7:53 pm

I <3 JT too!

She Rocks Fitness May 26, 2013 at 8:07 pm

Just finished Sophie Kinsella’s “Wedding Night”…easy, funny, summer read!
    Music: Anything country!
    Outfit: Maxi dress from Piperlime with a jean jacket and scarf, and cowgirl boots. I’ve rocked it a couple times already. It’s comfy, cute, and stylish.
    Excitement: Running the VA Wine Country 1/2 Marathon with my good friend Katie. Second one we’ve done together in a little over a month.

Jan @ Sprouts n Squats May 26, 2013 at 8:07 pm

That book sound really good as does the frosting :)

I’m reading ‘Sharp Objects’ By Gillian Flynn as I finished her other book gone girl and loved it so wanted to read something else by her. I’m listening to Daft Punk, love their new album!

Outfit – I bought new brown flat boots and I’m obsessed with them!

Excitement – it is my boyfriend and my 4 year anniversary on Wednesday, very excited! We are going out to a nice restaurant on Friday to celebrate :)

Sara May 26, 2013 at 8:10 pm

Does Funfetti have trans-fat in it? I’m annoyed that every time I look for a frosting on store shelves, I can’t seem to find a brand that is trans-fat free! Do you think this is something to be concerned about or like all other treats, ok to enjoy in moderation (especially since I’m usually too lazy to make my own frosting!)?

Tina May 26, 2013 at 8:33 pm

I’m pretty sure it does. I probably eat Funfetti cake once (maybe twice) a year, so I’m not really worried about it! :) You could always make a healthier version. I’ve seen recipes online!

TSAC May 26, 2013 at 8:26 pm

OMG, Macklemore looks like Mal!!!

Annette Gomez May 26, 2013 at 9:44 pm

Current book(s)- Art of racing in the rain and middlesex
    Current music-Justin Timberlake and Daft Punk
    Current outfit-Old Navy yoga pants and LS tee
    Current excitement-Vegas 40th bday bash in July

Karen May 26, 2013 at 9:47 pm

Book: Blackberry Winter by Sara Jio
    Music: The 1975 (totally obsessed with this band right now!)
    Outfit: T-shirt from a 10k race I ran last April and black knit pants
    Excitement: Enjoying the last part of my 3-day weekend by buying patio furniture and flowers to plant tomorrow

Luv What You Do May 26, 2013 at 10:41 pm

Blackberry Winter is on my TO READ list also…how is it?

Karen May 26, 2013 at 10:57 pm

I just finished it and Sarah Jio did not disappoint! I downloaded The Bungalow tonight and plan on starting it tomorrow. If you don’t mind tear jerkers then I definitely recommend her books.

Luv What You Do May 26, 2013 at 10:41 pm

Sloane’s book had me laughing out loud while I was reading it! She has a second book that is on my MUST READ list!

Paj May 26, 2013 at 10:47 pm

I Was Told There’d be Cake is a great book. If you enjoy it, your next read should be People Are Unappealing: Even Me by Sara Barron…it’s hysterical.

Tina May 26, 2013 at 11:03 pm

Thanks for the recommendation! :)

Andy May 26, 2013 at 11:49 pm

Book – Eric Thomas – motivational but different – not just for blokes.
    Music – Real rock music preferred but my wife has go me into Adele – just brilliant!
    Outfit – I don’t have any style although that being worked on, currently live in work clothes, I’m a medic.
    Excitement – sailing – freedom and no worries, just got to wait till I get home for that though.

Melody May 27, 2013 at 12:07 am

Macklemore is amazing, we saw him live a few years ago at a memorial before a Mariners game. So full of energy! Have you listened to Brandon Flowers’ solo album, so freaking good. I’m currently wearing out JT’s new album and can’t get enough. Listen to That Girl, it’s like he’s talking to you. :)

Patti May 27, 2013 at 5:45 am

Like this survey…

Current Book? Strong Curves…Woman’s Guide to Building a Better Butt and Body by Bret Contreras and Kellie Davis

Current Music? Anything and everything Beth Hart. Even saw her live last weekend in NYC!

Current Outfit? Stretchy black pants and MBSC long sleeve t-shirt

Current Excitement? Just finished booking my trip to London and the Isle of Jersey!

Fun reading everyone’s answers.

Josie May 27, 2013 at 6:06 am

book: Outlliers by Malcolm Gladwell – lots of OMG, really? moments!
    Music: Sex pistols – Pretty Vacant – great workout music
    excitement – just booked a 6 week island hopping adventure in the Philippines and Indonesia

Kristi May 27, 2013 at 6:25 am

I’m currently reading Tales from the Crib. It’s a light and easy read. Best of all it was free on Amazon!

Jeanie @Breakfast for Dinner May 27, 2013 at 6:43 am

Current book? I just started The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I missed the boat on this a few years back, so I thought now would be a good time.
    Current music? summer country…. and wagon wheel because Im addicted.
    Current outfit? A race free Tee from the Memorial Day 5K I ran yesterday and sofee shorts.
    Current excitement? Taking my students on a 3-night camping trip this week. Woot woot!

Read more at http://carrotsncake.com/#HhE6O0cq2Ifhckyi.99

Allison @ Life's a Bowl May 27, 2013 at 8:11 am

Current outfit: stretchy pants – hooray for long weekends :) Current excitement/ nerves: ZOOMA Annapolis next weekend!

Angie @ Pint of Goals May 27, 2013 at 8:38 am

Book: Fahrenheit 451 (because I’m teaching it) and Crazy Dangerous (young adult)
    Music: Whatever is on the radio (I’m lame when it comes to music)
    Outfit: Black maternity stretch pants and any shirt that covers my belly
    Excitement: Baby! I’m due on June 10, any day now :)

Tina May 27, 2013 at 9:01 am

June 10 is coming up soon!!! :)

Lisa May 27, 2013 at 8:39 am

LOVE Funfetti frosting straight from the jar! (as well as almond butter, peanut butter, cookie butter) haha :-)

Danica May 27, 2013 at 9:25 am

I’m planning to try that granola recipe some time today or tomorrow! It looks delicious, though I have no control when it comes to granola…
    Current Excitement: I got a half marathon PR yesterday!
    Current Book: The Heavy

Tina May 27, 2013 at 9:59 am

Congrats!!

Mary May 27, 2013 at 10:32 am

I’m digging Mackelmore too! Its great for running.

I wanted to let you know that Uceris (budesonide) is a great alternative to prednisone. It works really well and doesn’t make you want to eat a case of Doritos while lying in bed and crying. I hope you have as much luck with it as I have! Its my go-to drug when my guts are flaring.

Tina May 27, 2013 at 11:44 am

That’s great to hear! How long have you been on it?

Meghan @ After the Ivy League May 27, 2013 at 10:42 am

I really need to grab some Marylou’s iced coffee next time I’m up in the Boston area. It always looks so delicious!

Jessica May 27, 2013 at 1:05 pm

Hi Tina!

Long time reader; first time commenter :)

I tried Crossfit for the first time on Saturday and just wanted to say – it is exactly the experience you describe! From the awesome workout to the supportive team dynamic, it’s really a great way to exercise. I really enjoyed myself and look forward to going again!

Cheers,
    Jess

Tina May 27, 2013 at 2:00 pm

Yay! So glad you tried it!! :)

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl May 27, 2013 at 2:07 pm

Thanks for the book recommendation! I love seeing what other bloggers are reading. I will have to add that to my list!

Katie May 27, 2013 at 7:25 pm

Funfetti frosting is sooooo good. If I had it, I’d probably be eating it by the spoonful too.

TiffanyS May 27, 2013 at 7:48 pm

Current book? I’m about to start Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg that I heard about in my masters program. Now that I’m done with school I cannot wait to get back into some ‘fun’ reading. I have On the Corner of Bitter and Sweet on my pile.

Current music? Loving Three Six Mafia, Daft Punk, ZZ Ward

Current outfit? Post Murph veg out outfit of black yoga pants, tshirt, and comfy sweatshirt with slippers.

Current excitement?
    CF Level 1 seminar in two weeks!!!! Oh, and graduation from my masters in a couple weeks.

Tina May 27, 2013 at 7:52 pm

How’d “Murph” go? We did it on Saturday, and I’m still sore!

kristen @ verbs and vignettes May 28, 2013 at 7:22 am

i’m really digging macklemore. i love the fun recap! i’ll have to do it soon.

FitBritt@MyOwnBalance May 28, 2013 at 10:46 am

I love these surveys!

Current Book- Inferno by Dan Brown

Current Music- I Love It by Icona Pop

Current Outfit- Anything with color or print!

Current Excitement- Summer!

Tina May 28, 2013 at 10:50 am

Love that song too! :)

Bobbie May 28, 2013 at 11:45 am

Book: Run Like A Mother
    Music: LP (can’t get enough of her voice)
    Outfit: skinny jeans, gray shirt sleeve tshirt … Sometimes navy blazer over it
    Excitement: our upcoming OBX vacation!!! 1 month away!

Maggie May 28, 2013 at 11:56 pm

I am SO HAPPY to know that I’m not the only one who eats frosting out of the jar!!