• CNC Meal Plan: Week of May 27

May 27, 2013

Hi, friends! I hope you’re enjoying a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!

Mal and I were out running errands yesterday afternoon, so we tag-teamed our grocery shopping for the week. I meal planned and made a list and then we divided it, so we could quickly conquer our shopping. We were in and out of the grocery store in 20 minutes. Booyah.

Here’s this week’s meal plan:

What’s on your menu this week?

lucy moulds May 27, 2013 at 3:20 pm

I made a tub of orzo salad with a greek yogurt and lemon tarragon dressing. This will serve as my packed lunch this week :)

Avery @ SBLW May 27, 2013 at 3:30 pm

Huevos Rancheros is always a good idea! Haha, lots of leftovers over here!

Nicole @ FruitnFitness May 27, 2013 at 3:36 pm

I’m doing my grocery store run later today and hoping to get lots of fresh veggies to make big salads this week. I tried cauliflower crust pizza last week and can hopefully convince my bf to try your sweet potato crust soon!

Dee @ The Hungry Fit Chick May 27, 2013 at 3:37 pm

My menu for the week includes a lot of fresh salads, produce and fish. I’m trying to be good after four days of complete indulgence in Rome!

Becky @ Olives n Wine May 27, 2013 at 4:34 pm

I love being able to send my husband to the grocery store while I’m finishing things up at home! I might like your tag team idea even more :) Your weekly eats sound amazing too – My menu for the week includes a spaghetti squash dish and turkey-zucchini burgers.

Lillian @ Seize the Latte May 27, 2013 at 5:09 pm

I did some epic grocery shopping this weekend, so we’ll be cooking up a storm here. Our menu for the week includes grilled chicken shwarma, veggie, and Halloumi cheese kabobs (Halloumi cheese grills – no joke!), chicken Marsala with asparagus, Thai beef and veggie stir-fry with brown rice, and GF baked rosemary chicken with broccoli. Oh damn, now I’m hungry… :)

Jaclyn May 27, 2013 at 6:03 pm

How do you make your pork fried rice?

Tina May 27, 2013 at 6:09 pm

It’s frozen from a bag so I just microwave it! :)

Danica May 27, 2013 at 6:36 pm

That avocado egg salad sounds really good!

Elisabeth May 27, 2013 at 7:17 pm

I’ll be making turkey burgers, roasted sweet potatoes and beef & bean chili to have for the week. I like to do my cooking on a day off so on nights where I have to go in (I work third shift), it’s just warming food up :)

Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat May 27, 2013 at 7:24 pm

Sounds like a great week of meals. We have so much food left over from this weekend, that I don’t need to do much cooking this week. Yay!

Jan @ Sprouts n Squats May 27, 2013 at 8:32 pm

Great that you were able to do it so quickly! I usually try and write a list and my boyfriend and I divide and conquer which usually makes shopping much quicker.

We are having meatloaf, mushroom & barley soup, quiche and having dinner out on Friday night for our 4 year anniversary :)

Christine @ www.idratherbesweating.com May 27, 2013 at 9:15 pm

Tonight I made salmon cakes, sweet potato fries and a cucumber/tomato salad. Tomorrow is leftovers, Wednesday is a large salad, Thursday is sweet potato enchiladas and Friday is Pizza Night!

Beth Sheridan May 27, 2013 at 9:46 pm

I don’t think I’ve ever been in and out of any store in 20 minutes! This was my first week of trying meal planning and so far, so good :)

Katherine May 27, 2013 at 10:25 pm
    Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl May 27, 2013 at 10:29 pm

I really need to get with it and make your avocado egg salad. It sounds and looks SO good! You really cannot go wrong with avocado and eggs.

Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner May 28, 2013 at 5:20 am

Avocado and mango grilled cheese sandwiches, truffle mushroom and arugula pizza, and orzo salad. That’s as far as I got. :) I really have to make that avocado egg salad!

Myer May 28, 2013 at 6:55 am

Looking forward to your post regarding these meals for this week! Ha Ha! How was the Chicken salad sandwich with homemade French fries? Bet it was delicious! Have a great week, btw!

Kristen @ Change of Pace May 28, 2013 at 8:09 am

I love that your meals are so simple!

Melanie May 28, 2013 at 8:11 am

This week it’s lots of veges, fish and salad – we overindulged a bit on the weekend! You’ve got me thinking about sweet potato though – yum!

Jennifer May 28, 2013 at 9:39 am

Tuesday-Shoyu Chicken
    Wednesday-Pork fried rice & cilantro pot stickers…yeah, I copied you, :)
    Thursday-Manicotti (my daughter chose this for her birthday dinner)
    Friday-Twice baked potatoes stuffed with apple chicken sausage & veggies
    Saturday-still not sure

Peach May 30, 2013 at 9:41 am

Chicken Ropa Veija and Italian Spaghetti (Squash) with Meaty Marinara. Since I don’t have a man living with me (yet), leftovers for days!

Also bought Van’s gluten free waffles – I see you love them but what flavor is your favorite? I picked up the cinnamon ones this time. Last time I did the protein ones.

Tina May 30, 2013 at 10:40 am

I usually buy the gluten-free ones, but I pretty much like them all. They smell so delicious when they’re cooking!