• 2013 North East Regionals {CrossFit}

May 19, 2013

Hi, friends! How was your weekend? Mine was great! I spent Saturday and Sunday watching CrossFit athletes compete at Regionals for a chance to participate in the Games this summer. The top three finishers at Regionals—individual men, individual women, and teams—advanced to the Games.

I wasn’t really in blogger mode this weekend—I just enjoyed my time with friends and watched the workouts—but I still wanted to share some photos and highlights for the CrossFitters. Enjoy!

HIGHLIGHTS:

Austin Malleolo crushing the competition and winning the individual men’s event #4.

He also came in first place at Regionals, beating out Daniel Tyminski by one point. They’re both going to the Games along with Eric McGee.

During the second to last team event, CrossFit New England set a world record and came in first place!

Danielle Horan also set a world record in the individual women’s event #6 and won it. Rumor has it that she beat the current record holder, 2012 CrossFit Games 3rd place finisher Talayna Fortunato, by more than a minute! Beast mode.

Danielle also came in first place at Regionals. I am excited to see her compete at the Games!

CrossFit friends: Did you watch your region’s competition? Who are you excited to see compete at the Games in July?

Meghan @ After the Ivy League May 19, 2013 at 10:08 pm

It’s so cool that you went to the regionals for CrossFit! Those athletes are seriously incredible and totally inspiring!

RunEatRepeat May 19, 2013 at 10:27 pm

I’m excited for my friend to visit CA in July.

Beth @ Mangoes and Miles May 19, 2013 at 10:40 pm

Ahh this is insane! I admire these athletes so much for both their extraordinary strength (mental, physical, and otherwise) and their incredible achievements. I’m looking to try CrossFit out, so that should be an adventure. I’m excited to see what’s in store for these athletes!

MegG May 20, 2013 at 12:46 am

I missed this weekend’s regional updates and I’ll miss a lot of next weekend’s because I’m doing a relay (which while I’m psyched for the relay, I’m bummed I’ll be missing the CF action, my California box will be competing!) but I’m pretty sure I’m going to try to make it out to my region’s competition. I can’t wait to go to the games in July!

Megan Infantino May 20, 2013 at 5:33 am

I did not get to watch the Southeast Regionals. But I did catch the SoCal and Europe Regionals. I agree with the other girls here. Those athletes are inspiring!!! Very talented athletes.

Kristen @ Change of Pace May 20, 2013 at 5:52 am

What an awesome experience!!!

Caitlyn @ City and the Cubicle May 20, 2013 at 7:11 am

So cool you went and saw it live! Trying CrossFit is on my bucket list. .the athletes are amazing!

Liz May 20, 2013 at 8:09 am

Oh My! That looks like a great time. I wish I had known there was such a thing because I would have been there! :D Beast mode…I like that! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl May 20, 2013 at 8:18 am

I bet that was a crazy and impressive event to witness!!

Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat May 20, 2013 at 8:19 am

Sounds like an awesome time! Enjoyed seeing the pics!

Alyssa @ Road to RD May 20, 2013 at 8:51 am

What an inspiring event this is! Sounds like an awesome time :)

Megan May 20, 2013 at 9:30 am

I loved watching NE Regionals this weekend! It was such a better setup from last year.. and more vendors! So much fun.

I’m looking forward to seeing Lindsay Valenzuela compete at the games.. because she’s my favorite.

Tina May 20, 2013 at 9:30 am

I love her too!

Rachel @ For the Love of Chocolate May 20, 2013 at 10:00 am

Tina, I was at the Northeast Regionals on Saturday, and it was so much fun! My CrossFit coach was competing as an individual. It was super inspiring watching him and everyone out there. I am most looking forward to seeing Austin Malleolo compete at the Games…he was a beast this weekend!

Tina May 20, 2013 at 10:57 am

I love Austin. Totally agree, he’s a beast!

Ashley Lynch May 20, 2013 at 10:11 am

Ahhh Tina I went too all weekend! I wish I had a chance to say Hi… Love you and Mal and Murph… Nothing like seeing these people crush records and enjoy doing what they love. So awesome… Best weekend of the year!!!

Crystal May 20, 2013 at 10:25 am

I can’t wait to see team Dynamix! They were incredible, I thought CFNE couldn’t be beat!

Tina May 20, 2013 at 10:56 am

I know! They are amazing!!!!!!

Cass May 20, 2013 at 11:08 am

I was there too! What a great weekend. I’m dying to get back to the box now. I was so inspired watching everyone!

Beth Sheridan May 20, 2013 at 11:33 am

Oh how awesome! I would’ve LOVED that…Those athletes seriously are beasts!

Jenn May 20, 2013 at 12:43 pm

Was there too but we were on the floor the entire time, which prob was the reason I didn’t bump into you. But i was definitely keeping an eye out in case we ran into each other! These athletes were AMAZING! Danielle Horan might be my new fave athlete to cheer on when Games time comes around.

Meghan@themeghamix May 20, 2013 at 5:28 pm

Woot woot! We are stoked for the NorthWest Regionals on June 1st and 2nd! We can’t go Friday because of work (and moving out of our apartment – yikes!) but Saturday and Sunday will be a blast! Jared’s been keeping up with the other regionals via Twitter.

Sarah May 20, 2013 at 8:14 pm

Danielle Horan was all kinds of beast on Event 6! That was so exciting to watch, even if I didn’t see it live! I’m not a CrossFitter, but I love watching it. I always get inspired during Regionals and the Games, so now I’m itching to try a class!

CathyB May 20, 2013 at 10:00 pm

I’m headed to the Midatlantic regionals June 8-9. Can’t wait! Lindsey Valenzuela is my fav :)

Jillian D. May 21, 2013 at 1:43 pm

I work for inov-8 and I went to the SoCal Regionals this past weekend. The competition was AMAZING and so inspiring! I’m also going to San Antonio, Salt Lake City and the Games!

Kelly May 21, 2013 at 9:30 pm

I’m in the portapotty line picture!
    Definitely was a beautiful day for the competition. But shopping was undoubtedly my favorite part =)

Tina May 21, 2013 at 9:38 pm

Ha! Well, hello there!

Jen May 22, 2013 at 3:18 pm

I have to get in shape so I can watch the Crossfit Games. ;-)