• What To Do In Ireland {Part 2}

April 23, 2013

Here’s {Part 2} of our adventures in Ireland!

KINSALE

123 (600x450)

127 (600x450)

See

Desmond Castle & The International Museum of Wine. This castle served many purposes, so it has quite an interesting history. It also has an intriguing story of Ireland’s wine connections with Europe and the rest of the world.

130 (600x450)

Eat

The Spaniard. Mal’s sister highly recommended this restaurant, so Mal and I made it a point to dine there—and we loved it! It’s so cozy inside, and we spent a couple of hours there eating, drinking, and being merry. The Spaniard was easily one of our favorite meals in Ireland.

124 (600x450)

KENMARE

Stay

Ashfield Bed & Breakfast. Beautiful house, comfy bed, great breakfast, and the owners were incredibly friendly. We actually ran into the husband at one of the pubs in town and chatted with him quite awhile. Such nice people!

136 (600x450)

Eat

The Coachmans. The owners of the B & B recommended The Coachmans for dinner since it has great food and live music every night. Mal and I really enjoyed this restaurant.

134 (600x450)

KILLARNEY

See

Killarney National Park. Holy goodness, I absolutely loved Killarney National Park. It was easily my favorite part of the trip. It was so gorgeous! We must have stopped at least a dozen times to enjoy the views and snap pics.

137 (600x450)

145 (600x450)

149 (600x450)

155 (600x450)

158 (600x450)

161 (600x450)

165 (600x450)

164 (600x450)

168 (600x450)

171 (600x450)

Muckross Abbey. Mal was dying to see an abbey on our trip and this one was a great one to explore. It was free and open to the public, so we just parked our car and wandered around.

184 (450x600)

178 (450x600)

181 (450x600)

Ross Castle. The tour of Ross Castle was about 40 minutes and totally worth it. We learned so many interesting things about castle life and the history of this particular one. It definitely comes with a good story!

185 (600x450)

One more post to come!

Stacey April 23, 2013 at 2:19 pm

Ireland is on my bucket list for sure! Thanks for sharing such great details of your experience.
    What was the temperature? Looks in some pictures like it was pretty chilly.

Tina April 23, 2013 at 2:20 pm

It depended on the day. Anywhere from 40-60 degrees F with lots of wind!

Anele @ Success Along the Weigh April 23, 2013 at 2:32 pm

Absolutely gorgeous and I can’t wait to see the rest!

Also, can I just say as someone who is constantly asked where to go and what to do in Hawaii, thank you for going to the restaurant that Mal’s sister recommended! I know you probably didn’t ask for a ton of recommendations from her but people ask me to do their itineraries and then I excitedly ask about their trip and the places I recommended and they’re like “oh, we never went to any of those places.” *palm meet face* I’m just happy if someone went to one or two places I recommended so I bet she was excited to see you went there. :)

colleen April 23, 2013 at 2:40 pm

love these quick recaps. visiting Ireland is on my bucket list in a big way since my Irish grandparents couldn’t get there before they passed away.

Jackie April 23, 2013 at 2:40 pm

Beautiful pictures!! I would love to go there one day!

Olivia @ Liv Lives Life April 23, 2013 at 2:41 pm

I find it interesting that the International Wine Museum is in Ireland. I don’t think of wine when I think of that country! Do you know if it is THE internat’l wine museum, or just one of many?

michelle kim April 23, 2013 at 2:42 pm

How beautiful! I love to go to those places with buildings that have been around for so long! The history behind it all is so fascinating.
    Looks so spacious and gorgeous out there. Glad you’re enjoying your time in Ireland!

Tina April 23, 2013 at 2:46 pm

It was a great trip! :)

Shel@PeachyPalate April 23, 2013 at 3:04 pm

Killarney is beautiful though it ain’t got anything on the Wicklow mountains! :) Great to see you got loads of outdoor time in; I nearly feel the need to apologise for the dreary weather though! Early summer has arrived today though it not set to last, enjoying the 20 degree heat and sunshine while it’s here!

Brooke April 23, 2013 at 3:16 pm

I’m loving the Ireland recaps! Random question – where do you buy your jeans? They are very flattering–and I’m always looking for another pair of great jeans. Totally random, I know…

Tina April 23, 2013 at 3:23 pm

Thanks! They’re Sevens for All Mankind!

rebecca @ blueberry smiles April 23, 2013 at 3:31 pm

So pretty! I’ve never bought a Groupon Vacation deal…..but happy to see this trip was such a success and that the trip deals are as good as they sound!!

Ashley April 23, 2013 at 3:41 pm

I have SUCH vacation jealousy right now. Ireland is seriously one of my dream places to visit (I know it’s really weird but Ireland and Norway are my ideal destinations in life) I’m glad your trip was nice!

Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health April 23, 2013 at 3:47 pm

Ireland looks beautiful! Do you know if the weather is always like that (cloudy/cold)? Every time I see pictures, the weather always looks like that!

Lisa April 23, 2013 at 4:01 pm

It looks like an amazing trip! Ireland has never been on my “must see before I die” list but lately I’ve been giving a visit some serious thought!

Marissa April 23, 2013 at 4:19 pm

Hey Tina, I’ve been following your blog for a while now and I”m also from Boston. Just got this email about a free Crossfit Back Bay event to benefit the Boston victims. Thought of you…..http://30thcrossfitboston.eventbrite.com/

Shannon April 23, 2013 at 4:28 pm

OK… so… it totally looks like a face is in the top of the tree at Muckross Abbey! Does anyone else see this? On the picture of the tree by itself in the middle of a courtyard or something. Kind of freaky! Cool pictures, though! I am thinking about planning a trip to Ireland within a year or so, so this recap is great!

Alyssa @ Road to RD April 23, 2013 at 4:54 pm

I’m so jealous! It looks like an awesome time and I cant wait to hear more about it!

Victoria @ Reluctantly Skinny April 23, 2013 at 5:43 pm

International Museum of Wine…sounds right up my alley! Your recaps are making me contemplate a groupon vacation!

Bethaney April 23, 2013 at 5:52 pm

Ireland looks so pretty! I want to go to there!

Georgina April 23, 2013 at 5:58 pm

Ive been in New Zealand for 2 years with work. I miss home (Ireland) so much at times. Its lovely to see this pictures…it really is…and I love that I can tell the weather from the pics…4 seasons in 1 day in Ireland.. :D

Melissa April 23, 2013 at 6:51 pm

Looks like an amazing time!

Meghan @ After the Ivy League April 23, 2013 at 7:15 pm

Ireland looks absolutely stunning! I love all the pictures and touring a castle sounds like so much fun! I love history like that, you just can’t find it in the states either.

Angela April 23, 2013 at 7:46 pm

Looks like such a fun trip! I need to go to Ireland at some point in my life. :)

caitlyn @ city and the cubicle April 23, 2013 at 8:13 pm

AH your posts are making me so jealous and I am totally living through them. I want to go to Ireland so, so badly!

Alyssa April 23, 2013 at 8:55 pm

Looks like you guys had a blast! Your itinerary must have been fairly specific for you to have been able to see all of these sights in a week’s time!

Ash Bear April 23, 2013 at 9:01 pm

I love the way you outlined this trip! It’s user friendly and not overwhelming!! May have to borrow a similar format for our upcoming trip to Istanbul!

skinnyrunner April 23, 2013 at 11:27 pm

i LOVE castles and old buildings and mansions so id be all about the castle and abbey tours.

Brooke April 24, 2013 at 7:20 am

Great pics! I’m going in August and I’m so excited!

Maureen April 24, 2013 at 8:34 am

Gorgeous! The last part made me think of that old Bing Crosby song “Christmas in Killarney.” Yup – totally random!

Sally April 24, 2013 at 8:54 am

Thank you for posting – Ireland is on my bucket list, so if I ever make it, hopefully I can use these recommendations!

Also, I’m fairly new to CNC, and as I was poking around, noticed that you are a huge DMB fan (as am I), and a Gamma Phi Beta (me, too!). Really love your blog, and always look forward to reading your posts! :)

Tina April 24, 2013 at 9:01 am

Welcome to CNC! :)

Melisa April 24, 2013 at 11:35 am

Pictures look amazing. Thanks for sharing.

Michelle April 24, 2013 at 12:31 pm

I loved part 2 also. I’m ready to go to Killarney National Park. Ireland has definitely moved up on my places to visit. Thank you for the Pics.

Kelly H-Y April 24, 2013 at 1:22 pm

Awesome Ireland tips … thanks!
    And, agreed … if only people would stop hurting one another!! Loved the sign you saw on the way to Cambridge. Thanks to you and Murphy for doing that for the MIT staff and students.

miriam April 24, 2013 at 2:53 pm

Ah, amazing…the images from Killarney National Park remind me a little bit of where I grew up in the Northeast of England. We used to go hiking in the Lake District, which is along those lines…so wonderful/refreshing/bittersweet to see this!

Joli April 24, 2013 at 3:11 pm

Ireland was beautiful! Glad you guys had a great time!

Christina @ The Beautiful Balance April 24, 2013 at 5:44 pm

Gorgeous photos! I can’t wait to go in the future!