I made these cookies last night and, holy yum, I can’t stop thinking about them. Ok, maybe it’s because I haven’t eaten anything today and all I can think about is food, but these cookies are definitely something special.
Secret ingredient? Ooh, yes. It definitely adds a little something-something to the recipe. It’s not the bits of Heath Bar though. It’s actually a tiny amount of rum extract. The rum flavor mixed with brown sugar, maple syrup, toffee, and chocolate is absolutely incredible… and, apparently, unforgettable.
The texture of these cookies is soft and chewy with bits of Heath bar mixed throughout. They are seriously amazing. I’m already planning to eat the rest of the batch tomorrow!
- 1.5 cups almond flour/meal
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp rum extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup Heath Bar bits
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well until batter is blended evenly. Chill batter in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove batter from fridge and roll batter into 1-inch balls and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for approximately 13-15 minutes until cookies are lightly browned.
- Remove cookies from baking sheet and allow to cool on wire rack.
- Eat and enjoy!
Makes 18 cookies
P.S. Be sure to check out the sweet deal on The Primal Life Kit! Just $39 for a TON (seriously a ton!!) of Paleo resources!