To celebrate, here’s a little sneak peak of just one of the delicious recipes inside (I’ve made these enchiladas twice now and love them) and we’re going to have a giveaway so you can win a copy of More Peas, Thank You!
One Pan Roasted Sweet Potato and Black Bean Enchiladas
Makes 10 enchiladas
- cooking spray or oil, to grease casserole dish
- 5 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced (3 cups)
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 15-ounce can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups prepared organic salsa (i.e., Fire-Roasted Salsa in a Cinch from Peas and Thank You)
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 10 corn tortillas, warmed
- 1⁄2 cup shredded nondairy cheddar cheese (i.e., Daiya) or organic cheddar cheese
- Almost Chipotle Guacamole (p. 96), sliced black olives, minced fresh cilantro, to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a 13 x 9-inch casserole dish with cooking spray or oil. Place sweet potatoes in the casserole dish and roast for 10 minutes. Stir, add onions to the dish and return to the oven for another 10 minutes.
- While sweet potatoes and onions are roasting, whisk together tomato sauce, broth, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder and oregano. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove sweet potatoes and onions from the casserole dish and place in a large bowl. Add tomatoes, salsa, garlic and black beans, and mash all filling ingredients together with a potato masher until well combined.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Pour 1 cup of the sauce in the bottom of the casserole dish. Fill tortillas with filling, roll and pack together, seam side down, in the casserole dish. Top with remaining sauce and cheese. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly. Garnish with guacamole, olives and cilantro, if desired.
Nutrition information per serving: 180 calories, 3.5 g total fat, 1.5 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 750 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 4 g sugar, 6 g protein, vitamin A 10%, vitamin C 15%, calcium 10%, iron 10%
Optional ingredients and toppings not included in analysis.
More Peas, Thank You Giveaway
Here’s your chance to win one of TWO copies up for grabs of More Peas, Thank You!
To enter, just leave a comment on this post about why you’d like to win this cookbook. I’ll randomly pick 2 winners tomorrow. Good luck!