• Twin Farms Recap {Sunday}

March 13, 2013

I hope you’ve enjoyed reading all of my posts about our weekend at Twin Farms. It was a lot of fun to write (and relive) them! Here is my final recap as well as my previous posts just in cased you missed them:

Mal and I slept in a little bit on Sunday morning. We lost an hour of sleep due to Daylight Savings Time, so we didn’t rush ourselves out of bed. Ok, well, we rushed a little bit because we were so pretty pumped for breakfast!

241

Breakfast started with fresh fruit.

239

And beverages. I enjoyed some freshly pressed cranberry-orange-ginger juice and a decaf iced almond milk latte. Mmm!

240242

To eat, I chose the egg scramble special, which was made with caramelized onions, peppers, and sausage. It was fresh, flavorful, and fabulous.

244

I also shared a Carrot Cake Pancake Soufflé with Mal. It was incredibly light and fluffy, almost like a puffy, glazed donut.

246

After lunch, Mal and I said goodbye to Kevin, who also autographed my copy of his Windows on the World Complete Wine Course. So cool!

Kevin Zraly at Twin Farms

Then, Mal and I packed up our things and returned our key to the Main House. (It was so sad saying goodbye to the Perch Cottage! )

The nice folks at Twin Farms sent us home with a packed lunch. How sweet is that!?

251

253

Inside was a couple of smoked chicken wraps, cheese and crackers, pickles, apples, and cookies.

258

There was also a pretty piece of Vermont pottery inside!

256

Our stay at Twin Farms was absolutely incredible in so many ways, and it was one of the most amazing weekends I’ve ever had. Not surprisingly, an experience like this comes at a price, and, obviously, Twin Farms caters to a clientele with the financial means to afford such a vacation. The rates at Twin Farms are more expensive than those at your average, upscale resort, but everything is included with this price. Mal and I were guests of Twin Farms, so our stay was complimentary, but after spending the weekend there and fully experiencing everything it has to offer, I definitely think it’s worth the cost, especially for a special occasion, like a honeymoon or wedding anniversary.

Ok, you still might be thinking: That’s great and it looks like an amazing place, but it’s super expensive. I agree. I totally agree, but everything you could ever possibly want on a secluded Vermont vacation is taken care of. Once you’re at Twin Farms, you don’t have to worry about a single thing, so you can completely relax and unwind. And, if you’re a foodie and like to enjoy a few cocktails (or just really love good wine) on vacation, Twin Farms definitely pays for itself. Mal and I like to go all out when we’re on vacation, especially when it comes to eating and drinking, so if you think about a fancy dinner with an appetizer, two entrées, drinks, dessert, tax, and tip, we could easily spend a few hundred dollars. Add in breakfast, lunch, coffee, snacks, more drinks… and it really adds up. And that’s just food! Mal and I also love being active on our vacations, so we took full advantage of the outdoor activities offered at Twin Farms. All of the equipment is included, so you don’t need to spend money on rentals, lift tickets, or even gas. The activities are literally steps away. And, of course, the accommodations and other amenities are unparalleled. There are easily some of the best (if not the best) I’ve ever experienced!

All in all, Mal and I enjoyed an amazing weekend at Twin Farms. It was an experience that I am incredibly grateful for and one that I will never, ever forget. Thank you, Twin Farms, for hosting us.

Sara @ sarasmiles March 13, 2013 at 7:57 pm

It seems to me as though the rates deserve to above your average, upscale resorts. It looks like the folks truly take care of you and ensure a memorable, unique experience. I’m glad you had a good weekend-you deserve it!

Tina March 13, 2013 at 8:00 pm

Definitely! The service was incredible!

mollie k March 13, 2013 at 7:57 pm

after reading all of your reviews of twin farms I asked my mom if she has ever heard of it because I wanted to beg her to take me for a lovely mother daughter weekend :) (since I can’t afford it myself ha!) I am also a VT lover and secretly wish I lived and grew up there! But it turns out, my uncles gave my mom and stepdad a weekend to twin farms for their wedding a few years ago and she RAVES about it just like you!

Tina March 13, 2013 at 7:59 pm

Aww, that’s such a sweet story! :)

Sara March 13, 2013 at 7:59 pm

Are the spa services also part of the cost, or is that in addition?

Tina March 13, 2013 at 8:00 pm

In addition.

Alissa Jo March 13, 2013 at 8:08 pm

Holy cow- that looks like an amazing weekend! I think you get what you pay for. The upscale amenities are well-worth it, and I am hoping in a few years my husband and I can maybe travel to VT and stay at that place! It is now my on to do list for vacations! What a wonderful weekend. I think the fact that you really don’t have to worry about anything is what a real vacation should be!

Ellie March 13, 2013 at 8:13 pm

This sounds like http://www.blackberryfarm.com/ down here in the south. Not cheap but SO worth the splurge. Thanks for your posts on this place!

Tina March 13, 2013 at 8:36 pm

That place seems amazing!

Annie March 13, 2013 at 8:32 pm

I’m just still confused as to why Twin Farms is reaching out to the demographic that reads your blog? Same with Oahu…. weird.

Tina March 13, 2013 at 8:35 pm

Why? There are plenty of people who read CNC that like to go on vacation, be active, eat well, and have fun. Seems like a pretty good fit to me! :)

Melisa March 14, 2013 at 9:22 am

@Tina: @Tina: @Tina: Great fit.

Annie March 14, 2013 at 10:10 am

Maybe as a poor graduate student I am just wondering who in their right mind would pay 6 g’s for a weekend trip………

Jess March 14, 2013 at 12:55 pm

@Tina: I agree! Who better to go and give us honest feedback, then Tina.

FYI Tina – if you can’t make it to a future offer, I’m available to fill in! HA! :)

Tina March 14, 2013 at 12:57 pm

I will keep you in mind! :)

Megan March 13, 2013 at 8:49 pm

It sounds absolutely amazing. And it’s so nice to know everything’s included and that you can just get there and relax and take advantage of everything the farm has to offer.

Amanda March 13, 2013 at 8:53 pm

Sounds so wonderful! What an amazing opportunity :)

Emma March 13, 2013 at 8:58 pm

This place looks absolutely amazing, especially the enormous bath tub and the spa, not to mention the food and all of the activities. I just started reading your blog, I got here via sarahfit.com and I absolutely love it. I’m from the Cape and I love the fact that both you and Sarah are local and write fantastic blogs. I love the fitness/diet information but I also love the fact that you talk about your husband, puppy and vacations. Thank you for such an informative, inspirational and entertaining blog, I really enjoy it.

lynn @ the actor's diet March 13, 2013 at 9:02 pm

amazingness!!! what a blessed, full life you have tina. enjoy!

Sarah March 13, 2013 at 9:10 pm

Love Vermont so much- will have to check it out for an anniversary trip!

Ann March 13, 2013 at 9:10 pm

Thanks Tina for that nice conclusion to your Twin Farms posts. At the beginning I too felt overwhelmed with the price of the resort and the idea that there was no way I could ever go somewhere like that. But I think your experiences do justify the price, and I am so happy for you and Mal that you were able to be there and have wonderful weekend together. Perhaps one day I will be there too! I really enjoyed this series of posts and was giddy every time I saw a new part :) Thanks again for a great blog!

Linda @running4two March 13, 2013 at 9:22 pm

This place looks absolutely amazing. I’m glad you two had the opportunity to go and thanks for sharing so many pictures with us. I have pretended to go on your last two trips with you…Hawaii and Vermont!

Katherine March 13, 2013 at 9:28 pm
    Katie @ Peace Love & Oats March 13, 2013 at 9:28 pm

Um pancake souffle? That looks delicious. Glad you all had a great time!

Nicole @ Fruit 'N' Fitness March 13, 2013 at 9:45 pm

It sounds like a wonderful place! I think it would make a wonderful honeymoon location or special spot for an anniversary. I loved reading about all the winter activities you got to do.

Christine March 13, 2013 at 9:50 pm

Wow. I am so jealous! The whole vacation looks amazing. I have a question – in all your photos the resort looks empty. Were you the only ones there or did you leave people out of photos because of courtesy?

Tina March 13, 2013 at 10:03 pm

A little of both. There weren’t a ton of people there, but I also tried to keep people I didn’t know out of the shots.

Monica March 13, 2013 at 10:52 pm

So glad you both had a nice time. Twin Farms does look amazing!

Fizz @ fizzsbizz March 14, 2013 at 12:17 am

Oh man pancake soufflés are not talked about enough!! I had one on my honeymoon in Hawaii, lemon soufflé and it was to die. So light and fluffy that it almost doesn’t feel as decadent as it is.

I think it’s fab that you got to go to twin farms, have an amazing time and tell us all about it. I love that feeling when you truly love a place and want to tell all your friends about it!

Annie March 14, 2013 at 4:18 am

everyone just seemed to be so caring! I mean, seriously, what kind of resort/hotel/farm would go to the effort of giving you a packed lunch for your travels home? That’s just so nice!

Jessica Miller March 14, 2013 at 4:26 am

Looks like you are having a great time in Twin Farm. Enjoy, you deserve it!

Caitlyn March 14, 2013 at 5:09 am

This place looks amazing! Thank you for sharing your experience and your thoughts, it looks like you and Mal had a blast!

Emily @ Life on Food March 14, 2013 at 6:38 am

Just the fact that they packed you lunch shows the care they take. And let’s not forget about those milk and cookies.

sara @ fitcupcaker March 14, 2013 at 6:44 am

All the food you had looked amazing! I would love to go there!

Krista @ Tiny n Fit March 14, 2013 at 8:07 am

You totally deserved this amazing weekend away! I hope I get to see VT and more of New England some day! My one visit to Boston a couple years ago was nothing short of perfect! I hope your next trip is to the DC area so I can give you some tips on what to see and do here!

Lindsey March 14, 2013 at 8:36 am

WOW! Looks nice. However, a weekend away would cost about $6k? Thats insane. LOL

Tina March 14, 2013 at 9:00 am

That’s some crazy math you did there, but, yes, it’s a pricey weekend! :)

Erin March 14, 2013 at 9:24 am

@Tina: This weekend (Fri-Sun, 2 nights) is $6K according to their reservation site – I checked out of curiosity ; )

Tina March 14, 2013 at 9:35 am

Oh, ok, I guess I missed the $3,000 rooms! ;)

Erin March 14, 2013 at 9:36 am

@Tina: Pretty sure I’d pay that much just to receive an adorable surprise packed lunch like that!

Lindsey March 14, 2013 at 2:28 pm

@Tina: OH…I put it in the reservation. I better check again….Hope I was wrong, LOL

Elizabeth @ Positive Change March 14, 2013 at 8:37 am

You weekend at Twin Farms has made me so interested in going. My husband and I have been looking for a vacation to take in the spring, and this is one that we are really considering. Thank you for sharing every detail of your trip, it really helps those who might really consider going!

Mary @ minutes per mile March 14, 2013 at 8:49 am

Thanks so much for speaking about the price of the resort, and being honest. Goo point about expensive meals adding up; that does seem to make the price a bit easier to digest! My fiancé and I are planning our honeymoon right now and taking things like that into consideration.

Tara March 14, 2013 at 9:03 am

I love Vermont and this looks like an amazing, relaxing place.
    I do have a question- what is the norm, and what were actually ‘extras’ for you as you were invited to do a review of the place?
    For instance, the welcome package when you arrived to your room and the packed lunch and Vermont pottery- something they provide to all guests; or was that an extra for you as a speical guest?

Tina March 14, 2013 at 9:36 am

Yep, that was all included! :) The only thing I paid for out-of-pocket was the massage.

Tara March 14, 2013 at 10:36 am

@Tina: Amazing!

JAY March 14, 2013 at 9:09 am

Dang! That is crazy expensive. For the price of a SINGLE night ($1,900) I was able to spend an entire week in Mexico at an all inclusive resort (which, yes, includes food and alcohol!) And I still had $700 left over to go on excursions or whatnot.

One night vs 7 nights and an extra $700. I’m not one to skimp on vacations but a single night in this place is more than twice my monthly rent, jesus christ.

Beth Sheridan March 14, 2013 at 9:22 am

If I lived a little closer to the area (KY) I would definitely be saving up to stay there! When you have service like that and at such a beautiful location, it’s totally worth a much needed get-a-way and it’s something a little different too. Thanks for sharing all the pics and experiences!

Melisa March 14, 2013 at 9:25 am

loved your recaps. Where are we going next?

Heidi March 14, 2013 at 10:17 am

I loved that they sent you home with a packed lunch- like going to a family member’s house. Well done, Twin Farms!! :)

Colleen March 14, 2013 at 10:49 am

definitely adding Twin Farms to my wish list of places to visit. The cost of going will be worth it – a nice plurge with the husband.

Colleen March 14, 2013 at 10:51 am

Forgot to add, the off-peak prices are very affordable when you consider everything you receive.

Tania March 14, 2013 at 11:30 am

Seems like you could do a pretty amazing trip to Europe for what it costs to spend three nights in Vermont…

Heather March 14, 2013 at 11:39 am

Love that they sent you home with a packed lunch! how sweet!

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl March 14, 2013 at 11:44 am

That packed lunch is adorable and so nice. What great service!!

Maureen @ Breaking Free & Finding Me March 14, 2013 at 12:01 pm

It’s sounds like it’s out of a fairy tale! And this is just a little thing, but that’s so great that they had almond milk available! You never see that!

Alyssa March 14, 2013 at 8:51 pm

I feel the same way about Canyon Ranch. The up front cost is nauseating, but once you’re there, it is really nice to to forget about everything! I’m hoping to go on a romantic getaway before we start trying to have kids…enjoy our last moments of freedom!!

(Un)intentional Happenings March 14, 2013 at 8:54 pm

Can you please tell Twin Farms I worship the ground they serve their guests on….anything to get myself a weekend there. Everything about your stay sounds amazing.

Meredith March 14, 2013 at 9:41 pm

I think great service sells! I’d rather pay more and have great service than pay less for a mediocre time. Your recaps were great!

jennyv March 14, 2013 at 10:40 pm

Wow! I have now pinned this and it’s added to my destination list! I’ve always dreamed of going to VT in the fall — my husband is in on this dream, and it’s now on for the future!

Erin March 15, 2013 at 9:02 am

The trip looks amazing, but I think the rates for a weekend are insane. I spent the same price for my hotel and all of our airfare for two weeks in Maui and Kauai!!!!

Also, when things are free I think you have much lower expectations than when you shell out your hard earned money…

Alex @ Raw Recovery March 15, 2013 at 12:48 pm

Yeah, this looks pretty awesome. Perhaps one day I’ll get to go! I’ve still been really lucky to have some amazing vacations and world experience for someone my age, but it’s always nice to hear about other people’s trips. I can tell you really appreciated it and made the most of your weekend :) That’s what life is about!

Heather @ pass the dressing March 15, 2013 at 1:48 pm

Hmm. You mentioned lift tickets. Does this place provide ski access? That makes the price much (even) more palateable IMHO if that is the case. Wonderful place. Maybe they will run a sale sometime soon! Fingers crossed.

Tina March 15, 2013 at 1:55 pm

They have 6 trails to ski on! :)