• Top 13 in 2013: March

March 30, 2013

Where the heck did March go? Holy moly, it flew by! Here are my favorite posts from the month!

11 Workouts That Multitask, Too!

11 Workouts That Multitask Too

Do you have a lot going on? Is your To Do list a mile long? Don’t think you have enough time to work out? You might think your schedule is too busy to exercise, but you can maximize your time while tackling your To Do list at the same time.

Interesting Tidbits from “Inside of a Dog”

Inside-of-a-Dog-cover

Hi, guys! So, I’m dragging a little bit this afternoon, but for a good reason. I ended up staying up late and reading Inside of a Dog: What Dogs See, Smell, and Know well into the evening last night.

We (Finally) Decorated Our Living Room

living room redecorated

We finally redecorated our living room! When Mal and I were cleaning the house on Sunday afternoon, we were suddenly inspired to rearrange our living room, which, eventually, led to us to wanting to redecorate the whole, darn thing. Hey, when you’re feeling motivated, you might as well act on it, right?

3-Ingredient Meal: Cheesy Garlic & Herb Brussels Sprouts with Sausage

Cheesy_Garlic_&_Herb_Brussels_Sprouts_with_Sausage_

Last night, I was not in the mood to cook dinner. I was hungry, but I didn’t want to put any effort into make a “real” meal. I ended up throwing together some veggies, meat, and cheese, and it (surprisingly) turned out really well, so I just had to share the recipe.

Carrot Cake Soufflé Pancakes

carrot cake souffle pancakes

Here’s the recipe for the Carrot Cake Soufflé Pancakes that I promised you guys. These pancakes were, oh, so amazing. In fact, I loved them so much, I asked the Executive Chef at Twin Farms if he’d be willing to share the recipe with me, and, thankfully, he agreed.

All About the Step-Up {Open WOD 13.2 – Attempt #2}

step up 13.2 (429x640)

I was all about the “step-up” for my second attempt at Open WOD 13.2. (Thank you for all of your helpful suggestions, by the way!) I did it right from the beginning of the workout, and it definitely proved to be a smart strategy for me. 3…2…1…GO!

Twin Farms Recaps

206

On Saturday night, Mal and I got all dressed up and then started our evening with a cocktail at the pub at Twin Farms. The pub had a fully-stocked bar (with snacks) as well as a variety of entertainment options, including a pool table, dart board, big screen TV with lots of movies, and a grand piano.

How to Stick to Your Meal Plan

grocery-shopping-for-the-week

Hi, guys! I totally slacked on publishing my meal plan post this week. Sorry about that! I started this post yesterday morning, but never ended up finishing it. Oops. Anyway, without further ado, here’s what’s on the menu for this week: Sunday: Roasted chicken with peppers, onions, tomatoes, and chilis Monday: Chicken Bacon Alfredo.

Mistakes I Made When I First Tried to Lose Weight

wallball_practice_

Hello, hello! How’s your Thursday going so far? I can’t believe tomorrow is already Friday. This week flew by. Holy cow! Lunch When lunchtime rolled around yesterday afternoon, I knew exactly what I wanted to eat: Potato & Chorizo Dobladas. Yummm! The leftovers from dinner made an awesome lunch!

What Should I Make For Dinner?

My favorite dinner recipes

When I was eating (and thoroughly enjoying) the Mexican Hash Egg Bake that I made for dinner last night, I said to Mal: “We need to remember this recipe.” It was so delicious and easy to make, I wanted us to make a mental note of it for future reference.

15′s & 5′s Full Body Workout

45-minute_full_body_workout

Good morning!! How about a full body workout to start your Wednesday off on the right foot? I actually did this 45-minute workout at the gym on Friday afternoon, but I loved it so much, I just had to share it on CNC. I hope you guys like it too! It’s quick and dirty!

Springtime “Nacho Skins” with Parmigiano Reggiano

Whole Foods Parmigiano Reggiano

A few weeks ago, I was contact by my friends at Whole Foods about an upcoming contest just for bloggers to help celebrate Parmigiano Reggiano in their stores. Remember when I created a recipe for Brussels Sprouts and Chicken Pizza with Parmigiano Reggiano? Oh, yes, that was delicious.

Run * Burpee * Run Workout

run_burpee_run_workout

Good morning, friends! I’m off to the gym in a few minutes, so I’m just popping in with a quick post. Workout I actually created this workout last week, but I never ended up doing it, so it was a priority for me to give it a try this week.

In case you missed them:

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats March 30, 2013 at 7:02 am

THis was a great reminder to read “Inside of a Dog”! Adding it to my list now!

Emily @ The Swallow Flies March 30, 2013 at 8:26 am

I’ve seen your run * burpee * run workout all over the Internet lately. I might just have to give it a try — despite burpees being the bane of my existence.

Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl March 30, 2013 at 8:41 am

Great posts, as usual! Can’t wait to try the Run.Burpee.Run workout a try. Loved the meal planning tips too!

Lisa March 30, 2013 at 10:37 am

Looks like it was a great March for you!
    I need to try some of these workouts. Especially the burpee one, I have a better liking for them now:)

Shannon @ Skinny Sometimes March 30, 2013 at 12:10 pm

Oh, I love this. I missed a few of these, now I can catch up!

Melissa March 30, 2013 at 12:44 pm

I tried your cheesy sausage Brussels sprouts concoction – it was so good!! We added mushrooms, onions and a couple cloves of minced garlic to the pan before heating up the sausage – delish! Thanks for the idea! :)

Tina March 30, 2013 at 12:54 pm

Yay! So glad you liked it!!

Katie @ Balanced RD March 30, 2013 at 2:08 pm

I love your recap posts! This month definitely flew by…most months seem to! Have a great Easter :)

michelle kim March 30, 2013 at 8:29 pm

Definitely enjoyed all the Twin Farms posts!

Mia @ Tarorice March 30, 2013 at 9:44 pm

I definitely need the tutorial on how to stick to my meal plans…

PS: I’m a new food blogger on Chinese/Italian/Korean/Japanese/American recipes and restaurant reviews. Feel free to browse around my page.

Beth Sheridan March 30, 2013 at 9:57 pm

Loved the meal planning post…Got me really looking at planning my meals and even week better!

Jan @ Sprouts n Squats March 30, 2013 at 11:44 pm

I loved your brussell sprouts recipe, glad to see it made the cut of top posts :D

Ellie@Fit for the Soul March 31, 2013 at 2:50 am

I’m curious how a human being can know what a dog sees and feels, though! Haha, sounds pretty crazy. And the souffle pancakes sound so enticing~need to check that recipe right now. :)

Marc March 31, 2013 at 10:53 am

My vote for best post goes to the carrot cake souffle pancakes. Many thanks to you and the guy who disclosed the recipe :)

Linda @ running4two March 31, 2013 at 9:49 pm

I’ve made the cheesy brussels sprouts and sausage meal several times and I even got my dad to eat it! He is more of a burger and french fries kind of guy and it was great to see him enjoy something healthy that he would not normal think about eating. :)

BTW, I love OMG Pancakes but I tend to burn them or they don’t cook all the way through if I make them too thick. What am I doing wrong???

Tina March 31, 2013 at 9:57 pm

So glad the recipe was a hit! :)

For the pancakes, it sounds like the heat is up too high. Try medium-low heat! :)

Morgan@Healthy Food Newsletter April 1, 2013 at 1:09 pm

I can’t believe it is already April! Looks like you had a great March, I’m sure this month will be even better! :)

cami@chow-daily April 1, 2013 at 1:12 pm

I enjoyed several of these posts, especially the meal planning post! I have actually started to do it myself and it truly has been making a difference so far! My blog is all about healthy eating so it goes right along with your posts! Check it out :-)