• One Pot Meal: Cheesy Couscous with Chicken & Spinach

March 27, 2013

Hi, friends! Happy Hump Day!  :mrgreen:

I made a delicious lunch today and just wanted to share the recipe with you guys. It was delicious, satisfying, quick, easy, and made in just one pot. Love that!

This recipe only calls for 6 ingredients:

• 1 cup chopped spinach (frozen or fresh)
    • 1.5 cups chunked chicken
    • 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk (or cow’s milk)
    • 4 wedges of The Laughing Cow Light French Onion
    • 1 tsp garlic powder
    • 1 cup uncooked pearl/Israeli couscous (regular couscous or quinoa would probably work too)

Directions: Cook pearl/Israeli couscous as instructed by directions on package in a large pot on the stove top. When it is finished cooking, add the wedges of cheese, spinach, milk, garlic powder, and chicken to the pot while it is still hot. Mix well. Serve immediately.

Mmm! This dish turned out so well, and it would definitely make great leftovers. You could easily make it for dinner one night and then save half for lunch the next day. Easy-peasy.

cheesy cous

What’s for dinner tonight?

merel March 28, 2013 at 7:40 am

Man, I wish they would start selling those special flavoured Laughing Cow cheese wedges in Holland too! They sound so good!!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin March 28, 2013 at 7:47 am

You had me at “cheesy”. This looks great!

Last night for dinner I had lemon dill salmon with roasted brussels sprouts and a bulgur salad with lemon, dill and feta!

Shannon @ Skinny Sometimes March 28, 2013 at 8:22 am

I love one pot meals, quick and filling. I’ve been eating stir fry all week for dinner. It’s time to change it up with this recipe.

Beth Sheridan March 28, 2013 at 9:29 am

That looks really good! We’ve been on the run so much this week, it seems like we’ve eaten out almost every night…Ready for a night at home!

Haley @ fullnfit March 28, 2013 at 10:08 am

Looks delicious and so simple! Gotta love dinners like this :) Thanks for sharing!

Lealah S. March 28, 2013 at 10:10 am

This looks absolutely delicious! I have to say I love your blog, it was probably the first blog I ever actually started following. You have the coolest job, too! If I could blog for a living, I would so be there! Thanks for keeping your posts interesting and covering a wide spectrum of topics!

Renee @b Fit For Motherhood March 28, 2013 at 10:17 am

I am so excited you put this recipe up. I have had Israeli couscous in my pantry for a couple weeks and I haven’t found a great recipe yet. But this sounds delicious and easy. I am definitely trying this soon. Thanks. :)

Stefanie March 28, 2013 at 11:00 am

This looks delicious! I’m going to make this with quinoa and tofu and see how it turns out. Do you think the Light Creamy Swiss wedges would work good too?

Tina March 28, 2013 at 11:08 am

Yes! I think they’d be really good! :)

gracekelle at leangirlsclub March 28, 2013 at 12:24 pm

Yum – I love couscous. I’m making chicken masala and kale.

Rachel March 28, 2013 at 12:32 pm

This dish looks delicious!! Have you tried to freeze it? Check out my post on Sweet Potato Quinoa Chili – sounds like something you’d like!

Kristen March 28, 2013 at 1:45 pm

Thanks for this recipe and the Sweet Potato Black Bean Quesadilla recipe! Can’t wait to try these. :) They sound so simple and delish.

Sarah C. @ Tobemrscollier March 28, 2013 at 4:12 pm

This looks fantastic!

Jen March 28, 2013 at 5:25 pm

That looks delicious and a quick and easy meal to make for lunch. Love cous cous at the moment!

Claire March 30, 2013 at 8:24 pm

I just made this for dinner tonight — was good!

Shauna September 9, 2013 at 9:25 pm

I fund your blog a few months ago, and have really loved it! This is the first recipe that I have tried, and WOW was this good….and super filling!! Will be making again! :)