• All-Day Action {Saturday}

March 24, 2013

I woke up yesterday morning and didn’t stop moving until my head hit my pillow late last night. I guess you could say my Saturday was filled will all-day action!

Workout

My morning started with a yoga class at Lululemon with my friend Kim. We heard there was a free class on Saturday morning, and neither of us had ever been to a Lululemon yoga class before, so we decided to check it out.

yoga_at_lululemon

It was a “yoga for runners” class, so it focused on the hips, legs, and core. My quads were still sore from 13.3, so it definitely “hurt so good.”

003 (600x450)

After yoga, I said goodbye to Kim and then headed to 781 to watch our beasts do 13.3.

On the drive, I popped into Marylou’s for an iced coffee. Hawaiian Chocolate Nut was the decaf flavor of the day, so I ordered one with milk.

006 (600x450)

Delicious!

007 (450x600)

I watched the last heat of the day at 781, and then headed to Bob’s Muffin Shop with Mal and bunch of other CrossFit friends.

Lunch

Bob’s is literally right down the street from where we live, but I had never heard of it until yesterday. (I know, sometimes I live under a rock.) It’s a great little breakfast spot, and the muffins look incredible. Unfortunately, we got there late in the day, and Bob’s didn’t have too many flavors left to choose from, but I have plans to get there bright and early one morning to try their French Toast muffin. Oh, yes, I do.

008 (450x600)

I ended up getting a grilled egg and cheese sandwich, which was quite tasty. Buttery, grilled English muffin = heaven.

011 (600x450)

After lunch, I went to get a manicure. I actually bought one of those home UV nail lamps with the shellac nail polishes, so I could give myself manicures at home. But, unfortunately, the machine that I bought just didn’t work—the polish was still wet and sticky after multiple cycles—so my nails were a complete mess from trying to do my own manicure. Long story short, my nails needed help, so I went to a salon to get them done.

manicure and new purse

Snack

When I got home, I made myself a couple of rice cakes with The Laughing Cow French onion cheese spread on top. Love this snack lately.

012 (600x450)

After I ate my snack, I planned to bake a batch of Morning Glory Muffins for our box’s Paleo potluck on Sunday, but I realized we were out of shredded coconut. I almost made the muffins without, but then I decided to quickly meal plan and just get our grocery shopping out of the way for the week. I meal planned, drove to the grocery shore, shopped, drove home, and put away the groceries in about an hour. No dillydallying!

grocery shopping for the week

Once I had my shredded coconut, I baked a huge batch of Morning Glory Muffins and let the pug lick the bowl of leftover mashed sweet potato.

015 (600x450)

He was psyched and really got into it!

018 (600x450)

While the muffins cooked, I quickly showered and got ready to go to our friend Mike’s birthday party. Hi, Ping!

023 (450x600)

I <3 Ping.

028 (450x600)

024 (600x450)

We celebrated Mike’s birthday with pizza.

029 (600x450)

030 (450x600)

Games!

025 (450x600)

And lots of laughs!

036 (600x450)

Mal and I (and Murphy) didn’t get home until almost midnight, so we headed straight to bed. It was quite an action-packed and fun-filled day!

How was your Saturday? What’d you do?

Angela March 24, 2013 at 11:06 pm

That’s too bad about the shellac. Whenever I get a manicure (shellac or not) it chips in 2-3 days. :( I guess I’m pretty rough with my hands. How does yours hold up with cross fit?

Tina March 24, 2013 at 11:09 pm

Shellac holds up a lot better (about a week), but a regular one only lasts 48 hours or so (if I go to CF or not).

Emily B March 25, 2013 at 10:40 am

@Tina:
    did you try using a little rubbing alcohol pad after your final “bake” it seems to set my nails and take the sticky off!

Serena March 25, 2013 at 1:52 am

I can’t keep my nails nice I’m always messing them up cleaning. Your look great!

laura@nourishmovelive March 25, 2013 at 5:00 am

I love that colour nail varnish!! so spring/summer like! also love flavoured coffee…did they use flavoured beans? or did the add syrup? I much prefer to use flavoured beans instead of adding syrups, that way you get the flavour without the sweetness :) x

Tina March 25, 2013 at 5:56 am

Floured beans! :)

Jan @ Sprouts n Squats March 25, 2013 at 5:22 am

That yoga class sounded really good! Particularly that it focussed on running specific needs.

On Saturday we went to a wedding and I did a short workout that was about it.

Bruna @ morgbu.com March 25, 2013 at 7:08 am

it was a very busy day too, including re-decorating and organizing my office. Pretty nail color and I wish there was a place like that for coffee around here.

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin March 25, 2013 at 7:09 am

I’ve never been to a yoga class at Lululemon either, but I keep on meaning to! It’s awesome that they’re free.

Sara @ sarasmiles March 25, 2013 at 7:49 am

Those days are always good to have every once in a while when you have the energy. I love feeling productive on a Saturday or Sunday. I got a workout and some errands done in the morning, did some baking all afternoon, then went out to dinner with some friends that evening. Good day!

Elizabeth @ Positive Change March 25, 2013 at 8:36 am

Sounds like a really fun day! My day included working and watching the basketball games!

Samuel March 25, 2013 at 9:04 am

You really had a great Saturday! Good for you, love that you started your day with a Yoga class. I also love what you ordered on Bob’s muffin shop! That grilled cheese sandwich is making me hungry, Ha Ha! Your pug is also adorable, so cuuute!!! I’d love to spend my weekends with my friends or my family, have a sleepover or pajama party, play kinect, cook/prepare a meal for the potluck, share different stories, laugh with one another, and a lot more. Priceless moment with your loved one are the ones that I’ll cherish forever. :)

Cat March 25, 2013 at 9:10 am

Sounds like a really fun day! My day included cooking and cleaning!BTW,that pizza looks pretty yummy! :)

Claire March 25, 2013 at 9:34 am

I played Cards Against Humanity on my ski weekend this weekend. LOVE that game. Super inappropriate but so hilarious that we were in tears from laughing.

Kelly Williams March 25, 2013 at 9:52 am

happy for you that you had an active weekend. Me? I was lying on my bed watching criminal minds while drinking a hot coco. sounds very homey huh?

Jen March 25, 2013 at 1:31 pm

Cards Against Humanity! I love that game! We had a blast playing it a couple of months ago. So wrong, but so right. I hope you got a chance to play!

I spent my Saturday skiing at Wachusett (it was such the perfect day) followed by dinner in Worcester, then I went into Boston to hang out with a friend. It was a great day.

Traci March 25, 2013 at 3:02 pm

I had a mani & pedi Sat. & then lunch with a friend followed by a nap! It was awesome!

Rachel @ Undercover Diva: A Sitcom March 25, 2013 at 4:31 pm

I spent Saturday at a beach in Clearwater and then met up with my cousins and spent Saturday and Sunday with them! It was SO nice to see family, as I haven’t seen any family since December!

Carly March 28, 2013 at 6:21 pm

I had the same thoughts when I got my shellac UV light, but realized I needed to wipe them afterwards with rubbing alcohol. Works perfectly, you should try that before giving up :)

Sue April 4, 2013 at 12:13 am

Wow!!! That was really a busy day. Like you, I am so busy too every saturday because of household chores. This is the day where I can do all these chores for weekdays is working at the office. This is also the day for spending the night with kids and watching movies with popcorns.