• 15’s & 5’s Full Body Workout

March 6, 2013

Good morning!!

How about a full body workout to start your Wednesday off on the right foot? I actually did this 45-minute workout at the gym on Friday afternoon, but I loved it so much, I just had to share it on CNC. I hope you guys like it too! It’s quick and dirty!

45-minute_full_body_workout

For this workout, you’ll need two different cardio machines. I used the elliptical and the treadmill, but you could substitute a stairclimber, arc trainer, or bike for the first 15 minutes. You won’t be able to peddle forward and backward, but you can still switch up the speeds.

For the strength part of the workout, try to move from one exercise to the next without resting. If you need to go to your knees to properly perform the push-ups, go for it. (I ended up doing some of the tricep push-ups on my knees.) Here’s a video demonstration of the hollow rock, but if you need other exercise explanations, just let me know! Have fun!

Breakfast

I woke up craving eggs this morning, which was a little strange since I almost always want something sweet and nut buttery for breakfast, but a craving is a craving, so I just went with it. Mal finished off the whole eggs this morning, so I made an egg white omelet with liquid egg whites, leftover chopped asparagus, and Parmigiano Reggiano inside and on top. Delish!

egg white omlete with asparagas

What’s your favorite way to start the day?

Mine: Waking up to Mal and Murphy, exercise of some sort, followed by a leisurely breakfast with coffee and good conversation, a hot shower with spa/fresh-smelling products, and then getting dressed to start my day.

Melisa March 6, 2013 at 2:03 pm

I start my day with coffee and working out. If I miss either, I’m off my game the rest of the day.

err, what’s a tricep push up?

candice March 6, 2013 at 4:46 pm

@Melisa: a tricep pushup is set up like a normal pushup but with your hands right under your shoulders. When you go down keep your elbows tight to your sides. :)

Melisa March 6, 2013 at 7:39 pm

@candice: thanks :)

Erin @ The Elliptical Chronicles March 6, 2013 at 2:04 pm

My favorite way to start the day is fairly similar to yours: waking up next to my husband, taking my time getting up and moving, exercise of some sort, followed by a hot, refreshing shower, and then a nice leisurely meal and some relaxation (blog reading, Netflix, just hanging with my husband, etc.)

Also, I like the look of your 15’s & 5’s workout! I’m not a fan of strength training and I really struggle to motivate myself to do it, but this has a nice cardio/strength ratio and the exercises aren’t very complicated. Thanks!

Audrey @ In Shape Cupcake March 6, 2013 at 3:44 pm

My fave way to start the day is with coffee and my breakfast. I’m one of those people who go to bed thinking about what I’m going to have and wake up looking forward to it.
    As soon as I’m graduated though,(may 2013!!1 whoop whoop) its going to be workout first, then breakfast.

Annie @ eatcleaneatreal March 6, 2013 at 3:51 pm

This is my kind of workout right now! After several years of plugging away for 30-60 minutes straight on some cardio machine, I can barely stand it any more. This is the perfect way to mix it up! I pinned it and cant wait to try it :)

Natalie @ FreshLifeFindings March 6, 2013 at 9:39 pm

This looks like a great workout! And my favorite way to start the day is early with a hot cup of coffee on my back patio!

Melody h March 6, 2013 at 11:27 pm

Honestly, morning sex is the best!

Robyn March 7, 2013 at 9:37 am

I always have paleo oatmeal every morning with lots of nut butter.DELISH! I usually eat 4 spoon fulls while I wait for my oatmeal to cook.

Mary March 7, 2013 at 1:05 pm

This Workout burned sooo much yesterday!! The combination of Jump Squats and then running were BRUTAL! Please post more like this!!

Tina March 7, 2013 at 1:11 pm

That’s what I like to hear! ;)

Erin March 7, 2013 at 4:23 pm

This workout came just in time! I’m traveling for work but lately I’ve dedicated myself to working out harder because my goals have changed. This includes more strength training. I was bummed that the workout room at the hotel only had cardio machines, but I saw your tweet and was saved! Just finished & my thighs are burning! Had to sub a bike for the treadmill (some mofo walked off with the safety key) but it worked just fine.

Kelly Williams March 11, 2013 at 6:36 am

I start my day with drinking coffee, reading emails and stuff. As for exercise? Hmmm.. I do that I guess when I walk my dog at night. We do exercise together since there are fewer people on our block.

lizzy October 17, 2013 at 3:51 pm

Is the 5 minute section suppose to last 5 minutes or do you do the circuit until 5 minutes is up ?