• What To Do On Oahu: Health & Fitness-Inspired Vacation

February 28, 2013

In case you’re thinking about a trip to Oahu, here’s a post for future reference with everything Mal and I did on our trip related to health and fitness. I linked all of my blog posts for easy access, and I hope you find them helpful. If you have any questions about our time on Oahu, just let me know. I’m more than happy to help!

Oahu Fitness Vacation

Afternoon           Hike Koko Head Crater

Evening              Dinner at Roy’s Waikiki

Day 5
    ______________________________________________________

Morning              Visit Pearl Harbor

Lauren @ Eat Like An Elephant February 27, 2013 at 9:38 am

You guys really got a lot in on your trip! If I ever get back to Hawaii I think I’m going to try to make a point to just lay on the beach more, maybe doing one activity in the morning and then lounging in the afternoons….I definitely wish I had done more of THAT! Not quite the “fittest” answer, but true :)

Jackie @ Nacho Average Runner February 28, 2013 at 1:50 pm

So jealous! I hope to get there one day! Was your trip to Dole sponsored?

Tina February 28, 2013 at 1:56 pm

Nope, we just stopped in! :)

Linda February 28, 2013 at 2:14 pm

I’m planning on going to Hawaii next year and after reading your posts I definitely plan on doing some of the activities you did. Thanks! By the way, I read your blog because you’re a heath blog…but I loved this travel one. I think more people should sponsor you to visit their cities and you can give us “healthy living” itineraries just like you did for Hawaii.

Julie / Bound February 28, 2013 at 4:03 pm

@Linda: Agree! That would be incredibly cool.

Tina February 28, 2013 at 4:11 pm

@Linda: LOVE this idea! :)

Lisa February 28, 2013 at 2:40 pm

Wow, that’s so awesome. You guys got so much in on your trip. I love that. As much as I love relaxing on a vacation, you remember more of the vacay if you go out and experience things, go and visit places the spot is known for. Now that you’ll always keep in memories.

Bruna @ morgbu.com February 28, 2013 at 2:43 pm

I wish I could go on this vacation tomorrow!

Angela February 28, 2013 at 2:48 pm

Such an amazing trip!! Thanks for sharing it all with us…I need a trip to Hawaii soon! :)

Stephanie @ Food Fit 4 Real February 28, 2013 at 2:49 pm

I went to Hawaii 20 years ago when I was in high school. I would love to go back for a fitness vacation with my husband, thanks for all the tips!

Linz @ Itz Linz February 28, 2013 at 2:54 pm

i LOVE being active on vacations!!!

Heidi February 28, 2013 at 3:10 pm

Such a great mix of vacation and fitness! Staying active on vacation is so important so that you don’t come home with that “I am home from vacation and feel sicke because I blew my diet and exercise program” depression, hahaha. Bravo! I am so glad you had a great time! Makes me want to go to Hawaii even more:)

Melisa February 28, 2013 at 3:16 pm

Your day-by-day recaps were great. When my husband and went to Maui back in 1998, we hiked some parts of Hana and found a red sand beach. It was the highlight of our stay. I’d love to go back.

Marissa February 28, 2013 at 3:48 pm

Hey Tina! What was your favorite thing to do on your trip?? All of the places looked amazing, but if you went back, what would be the #1 place to revisit?

Thanks!

Tina February 28, 2013 at 4:47 pm

I pretty much loved everything! The North Shore was especially amazing!

Babs February 28, 2013 at 7:53 pm

It’s great that you two managed to have a vacation with fun, fancy drinks, and fitness!

Georgia Mae February 28, 2013 at 8:04 pm

This is awesome! I always tell myself I’m going to work out on vacation and I never seem to actually wake up and squeeze it in. But my days are usually so jam packed with walking, sightseeing, and exploring that I feel my activity level is good anyway! But I’d love to take a trip totally based on fitness.

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl February 28, 2013 at 8:40 pm

LOVE your dress! So pretty! :)

Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health February 28, 2013 at 11:31 pm

Sounds like a perfect Oahu vacation to me!

Fiona Jesse Giffords March 1, 2013 at 3:15 am

It seems you are on health training only, running, jogging all over the place. It’s good to be fit and healthy in your holidays also but the enjoyment should not disappear.

De @ Cooking for the Other Half March 1, 2013 at 9:26 am

This is awesome and so helpful! I would love to plan a trip like yours.

Jane October 3, 2013 at 12:01 pm

Hi Tina,
    My name is Jane and I’m with Dwellable.
    I was looking for blogs about Oahu to share on our site and I came across your post…If you’re open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
    Hope to hear from you soon!
    Jane