• Some of My Bad Habits

February 11, 2013

Last night, when I tried to overload the dishwasher for the umpteeth time, Mal stopped me and jokingly said it was one of my worst habits. I know things don’t get properly cleaned if I overload it, but I can’t help myself and just always want to add one more thing.

Of course, overloading the dishwasher isn’t a horrible habit to have and there definitely could be worse, but it’s one of the (many) things Mal playfully rags on me about. So, just for fun, here are some of my other “bad” habits.

I leave the kitchen cabinets open.

cabinets open

I start books and never finish them.

010

I never update my phone or computer.

001

I open things with my teeth.

006

Sometimes it takes me a few days to put away my laundry.

011

I rarely ever leave Target without spending at least $50.

target

Dinner

Delicious dinner last night! We had Garlic Mustard Drumsticks.

001

With roasted broccoli and sweet potatoes.

003

004

For dessert, Mal and I killed a bar of Vosges Black Salt Caramel Chocolate. It had no chance against us.

024

What are some of your “bad” habits?

Caroline W. February 11, 2013 at 8:25 pm

You literally just named all my bad habits!! The cabinet thing drives my boyfriend crazy!!

claire farren February 11, 2013 at 9:22 pm

So glad to see someone else who doesn’t close the cabinets in the kitchen. I thought maybe I was loosing my mind. It drives my hubby nuts!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin February 11, 2013 at 9:29 pm

Haha I leave all the cabinet doors open too! Although I’m convinced they all swing open on their own after I shut them…

Christina @ The Beautiful Balance February 11, 2013 at 9:41 pm

I don’t think anyone leaves Target without spending at least $50. Just today I left spending $100 and I have no idea how or on what!

PluvK February 11, 2013 at 10:02 pm

Haha! Like you, I NEVER update my ipad or computer and I ALWAYS leave my laundry out for days. I also leave my books all over the place, and I like to eat cookies in bed. :-)

Melissa February 11, 2013 at 11:16 pm

I don’t know if anyone can leave Target spending less than $50!

Shannyn @frugalbeautiful.com February 11, 2013 at 11:18 pm

Can I get an amen? I totally start books all the time without finishing them… and Target takes my paychecks ;)

luv what you do February 11, 2013 at 11:27 pm

I never stick to my food budget, I too get lazy putting away laundry, I make piles of everything all over my house, and stay up too late on the weekends!

Liz February 11, 2013 at 11:38 pm

I’m definitely with you on the laundry… I never mind loading it up & washing it, but I’m so bad about folding & putting away! I also tend to leave clutter laying around (books, pens, mail, etc), leave clean dishes in the dishwasher for awhile and watch too much TV!

JoY February 12, 2013 at 6:18 am

I am 100% guilty of leaving the cabinets open. And worse is it drives ME crazy to look at it! I’ll sit down get the poodle all on my lap and notice an open cabinet and want to scream!!

Also I start craft projects and not finish – currently next to “my” chair – a half done afghan for my god mom, 3/4s of one fingerless glove for my niece & an almost finished bracelet for my etsy shop.

Molly O. February 12, 2013 at 6:31 am

Haha, I’m like you. I never put my laundry away right after finishing it. And yesterday, I went to Target for a couple of things and walked out with over $50 worth of stuff. :)

Jennifer February 12, 2013 at 7:37 am

I have at least 3 of your bad habits as well. The never updating my phone, not finishing books and not putting laundry away for a few days. I’ve had clean clothes sitting on my couch since Sunday evening. Unfortunately, most of my habits have to do with cleaning, I am just not a fan! So I will not go further into details, but my home could be cleaner…or lets say less cluttered. it’s not disgusting.

Marilyn February 12, 2013 at 4:23 pm

Between my husband and I, we exhibit all of those bad habits. :-)

Meghan@themeghamix February 12, 2013 at 6:17 pm

When we first got married, leaving the cabinet doors open was a big thing! At our first apartment, if I left them open, Jared would hit his head on the corners. And at our second apartment, if he left them open, I’d hit MY head! Thankfully we worked on it and neither of us do it anymore.

I am so jealous of your book habit. I feel SUPER guilty if I don’t finish a book.

Aurielle @ Will2Wellness February 12, 2013 at 8:46 pm

Oh man, the cabinet one would drive me crazy! lol My bad habits include: 1. leaving dirty dishes in the sink instead of washing them when I’m done and 2. leaving clean clothes on top of the dryer for a week instead of folding them.

Julie February 12, 2013 at 8:54 pm

I just never fold laundry. I take it out and put it in a basket!

AJ February 12, 2013 at 9:27 pm

I leave kitchen cabinets open too, and the Target thing…yeah, GUILTY! I also have a habit of not filing my personal paperwork (it sits on my desk forever!)

-AJ
    FitTravelerAJ.blogspot.com

Angela February 13, 2013 at 1:22 am

I also am awful at overloading the dishwasher and not putting away laundry for days.

Allison @ Life's a Bowl February 13, 2013 at 11:00 am

Haha my hubby always rags on me for stuffing the sink full of dishes, he prefers to leave them on the counter… And I always “forget” to replace the toilet paper/ paper towel rolls. But my worst habit is putting off ironing. My clothes have been sitting in the same pile for wayyy too long!

Hilary February 14, 2013 at 5:29 pm

Have you ever read Haruki Murakami’s book “What I talk about when I talk about running”? I read it on my last vacation and it is such a fun and inspiring read. I would suggest picking up a copy before your trip. You will love the book – and finish it!

Mags February 15, 2013 at 12:19 am

I am also guilty of leaving cabinets open and my friends and I constantly joke about Target being a trap. It’s impossible to get out of there without spending at least $50. On that note, you should get the shopkik app. You get points just for walking in and/or scanning items at various stores (Target being one of them). The downfall is that sometimes they message you that you get 200 walk in points (normally you get 35) and then I make it a point to go to Target on that day and possibly spend more money then I usually would, oops! Anyway great post! I just recently started following you from a friend’s recommendation so I am playing catch up on some of your recent posts. I just started blogging as well and it’s still a work in progress but I am enjoying it.

xoxo
    Mags

Jennifer February 15, 2013 at 1:02 pm

Bad habits make you unique. It isn’t like you pee on the toilet seat or speed up at cross walks. Those are BAD habits. :)