• No Bake Chocolate Fudge Cookies (Gluten-Free)

February 12, 2013

I’ve whipped up these cookies 3 times already since I first made the recipe this past weekend. They’re so good and so easy to make!

These cookies are chocolaty and fudgy with some sweet and salty action going on. And, the best part, they require no baking. Love that.

No Bake Chocolate Fudge Cookies

• 12 pitted dates
    • 3 tbsp water
    • 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
    • 2 tsp cocoa powder
    • 1 tsp honey
    • 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
    • 1/2 tsp sea salt

Combine ingredients in a food processor or blender. Mix until smooth.

Roll batter into balls and flatten onto wax paper. Chill in refrigerator for at least 3 hours before serving.

No Bake Chocolate Brownie Cookies

Eat and enjoy! Simple as that!

Makes 4 cookies

Lisa February 12, 2013 at 2:19 pm

Oh gosh, these look awesome!!
    I’m loving that these are dairy free too, since I can’t have eggs and paleo recips usually have a ton of those.
    Plus anything with coconut oil is a winner in my books.

MassachusEATS February 12, 2013 at 2:22 pm

Definitely can’t wait to try these out! They look great :)

Erica { EricaDHouse.com } February 12, 2013 at 2:22 pm

I kind of love/hate you right now.

Allison February 12, 2013 at 2:23 pm

Yum! Sound like a yummier larabar :)

Lauren February 12, 2013 at 2:26 pm

I love that this makes 4 cookies! Get your fix without making 50.

Chelsea February 12, 2013 at 2:32 pm

These look *SO* good! I’m definitely including them in my batch cooking this weekend! For me, they’d be great with my shake after the gym.

Nikki @ The Road to Less Cake February 12, 2013 at 2:33 pm

Yum! They look lush.

Maureen (breakingfreenandfindingme.wordpress.com) February 12, 2013 at 2:38 pm

these look amazing!

michelle kim February 12, 2013 at 2:38 pm

WOw those look SO good!
    I love eating dates and using them to make bars. This is a great idea!

christina February 12, 2013 at 2:41 pm

you never really bake fudge though.

Rachel @ Undercover Diva: A Sitcom February 12, 2013 at 2:49 pm

Holy cow. these sound amazing 😀

Sarah @PickyRunner February 12, 2013 at 2:55 pm

I just tried cookies made with dates recently and was pleasantly surprised. These ones seem really easy! I may actually have to try them even though I’m not a baker at all.

Anne @ eatcleaneatreal February 12, 2013 at 2:56 pm

These look awesome. Since I gave up refined sugar I have been trying to find ways to squelch my sweet tooth…lets just say I have recently become good friends with dates and very ripe bananas! Thanks for the recipe :)

Audrey @ In Shape Cupcake February 12, 2013 at 3:01 pm

These look yum! Dates are just THE best! And so addicting:)

Haley @ fullnfit February 12, 2013 at 3:15 pm

Ever tried these without softening of the dates?

Anything with dates is tasty. :)

Danielle@cleanfoodcreativefitness February 12, 2013 at 3:21 pm

These are so creative. I love anything with dates so I bet I’d love these!

sara @ fitcupcaker February 12, 2013 at 3:25 pm

I dont love dates plain but I did try them in a protein ball recipe that I really liked so I could prob really make and LOVE this one too!

Allie February 12, 2013 at 3:28 pm

amazing! i just picked up dates at the store the other day too. Must make these tonight!

Jamie (juicejamandjoy.com) February 12, 2013 at 3:34 pm

These look yummy and easy to make! I’ve seen no bake cookies that look like these served several times before but never seen a vegan recipe. I hope to try these soon and maybe play around with different flavors too!

Amy @Macncheesenpeas February 12, 2013 at 3:48 pm

I love no bake cookies!My grandma calls them stove top cookies, haha. I don’t know if I’d call these ones chocolate fudge cookies, but maybe “no bake cocoa date cookies”?

Katie @ Peace Love and Oats February 12, 2013 at 3:53 pm

You know, I still haven’t made anything with dates and I feel like I’ve been meaning to for years! They’re so good, I should really give it a try

Jenny@thewellnessjourney February 12, 2013 at 4:12 pm

These look SO GOOD! I’m trying them this weekend!!

Annette@FitnessPerks February 12, 2013 at 4:12 pm

I love no-bake cookies b/c they’re so easy to make!! yumm

Sammie February 12, 2013 at 4:39 pm

OMG that is so funny you mentioned documentaries, last weekend my husband and I watched “Hungry for Change” and “Vegucated.” We woke up the very next morning and went out and got a juicer!! :) They were both definitely worth watching! carrot, apple, kale is a big hit for us!!! Love your blog, thanks for all the meal planning advice and of course, always love Murphy!!

Sammie February 12, 2013 at 4:40 pm

whoops i meant to comment on the other post, but you get the point! :)

Olivia February 12, 2013 at 4:47 pm

Have you tweaked your diet lately? No nuts/nut butters?

Becky @ Olives n Wine February 12, 2013 at 4:50 pm

YUM! My mom would make chocolate – no bake cookies when I was little. They were my favorite and little did I know, super easy! Your recipe looks delicious and healthy!

Julie / Bound February 12, 2013 at 4:51 pm

These look amazing. I haven’t used dates in cookies yet!

Shana February 12, 2013 at 5:30 pm

Oh I have the BEST recipe for you! I haven’t posted it yet but will send you the link when I do. Its right up your alley and I think you would really like it!

Tina February 12, 2013 at 6:52 pm

Oooh, thank you! :)

Shana February 14, 2013 at 8:50 am

@Tina: As promised: Fudgy Brownie Bites! I used peanut butter but you could use any nut butter to make it paleo friendly!

Tina February 14, 2013 at 10:22 am

Thank you!!! :)

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin February 12, 2013 at 6:33 pm

Yum! These look so good. I love using dates in no bake cookies!

Kristen @ Change of Pace February 12, 2013 at 7:09 pm

Like no bake cookies! Just needs peanut butter :)

Beth @ Running with the Sunrise February 12, 2013 at 8:05 pm

Ooh, these cookies look like yum x 1000. I never would have thought of using dates as a base for no bake cookies, but that’s a really great idea. I’ll have to try the recipe out. :)

She Rocks Fitness February 12, 2013 at 8:08 pm

I have never seen a easier cookie recipe! Now I know what I should do with those dates I have in my cupboard that I have no idea what to do with. You know what would be awesome…dipping them in nut butter! Just saying…

kim@hungryhealthygirl February 12, 2013 at 9:02 pm

My husband is a date fanatic! I can’t wait to make these for him….maybe a Valentine’s treat!

Danielle @ Truffles n' Treadmills February 12, 2013 at 10:00 pm

I love all of the simple ingredients!

Christina @ The Beautiful Balance February 12, 2013 at 10:00 pm

I seeing different recipes pop up with dates! These look incredible, I can’t wait to try them :)

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl February 12, 2013 at 10:23 pm

Okay, so I need to make these ASAP. I love, love, love the fact that they are no-bake, could be made vegan (by substituting agave nectar for the honey), and that it makes a batch of 4 cookies instead of dozens. As a single girl, I cannot (or at least should not) polish off a whole batch of cookies, unless it involves only eating 4! 😉

Kelly @ Laughter, Strength, and Food February 12, 2013 at 10:29 pm

So simple and easy and they look so delicious! Couldn’t ask for anything more!

Avery @ Southern Belle Living Well February 12, 2013 at 10:51 pm

I need to buy myself some dates! (just in time for Valentine’s day, no? Haha, I crack myself up…) But seriously, they seem to be involved in every healthily, delicious chocolate recipe I find these days.

Katherine February 12, 2013 at 10:56 pm

Waah! I bet these are amazing!

Khushboo February 12, 2013 at 11:26 pm

I’m always so pleasantly surprised at the results of using dates in baking!

Jenny February 13, 2013 at 12:41 am

Holy jeebus! Just what I need!! Thanks!!!

De @ Cooking for the Other Half February 13, 2013 at 7:51 am

These look delicious! I love no-bake cookies- so easy!

Grace @ PracticingGrace February 13, 2013 at 11:46 am

so interesting! need to try these

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More February 17, 2013 at 8:55 pm

Those look awesome and super EASY – even better!

jennyg February 26, 2013 at 5:27 pm

I messed these up, but they were still delicious. I put in 3tb coconut oil, so the batter was pretty oily. To soak it up ,I threw in some coconut — maybe 1/2 cup. They are great! It made 12 though, even without the coconut, it seemed like more than 4 cookies. 1/2 teaspoon salt seemed a lot to me, so I did bit less, and would go even less next time, maybe just a pinch. Thanks for the great recipe!

Dena Maddie March 28, 2013 at 9:26 am

looks delicious! Thank you for sharing!

Adam Harriss March 31, 2013 at 10:08 am

I LOVE no bake cookies!!! great post, I can’t wait to make these

Landon February 27, 2015 at 3:36 pm

WOW – these look amazing!! thanks for sharing