• New Appreciation for the Elliptical

February 13, 2013

Good morning! Happy Hump Day! I can’t believe it’s already Wednesday. Just 3 days until Mal and I are in Hawaii! O.M.G.

Breakfast

Yesterday morning’s breakfast was Greek yogurt with blueberries and chicken sausage with a glass of green juice on the side.

013_thumb_thumb_thumb

I also drank a glass of Dandy Blend with coconut milk mixed. Coconut milk is the bomb.

011_thumb_thumb_thumb

Workout

After breakfast, I spent a few hours working and then headed to LA Fitness for a workout, but, of course, I needed to stop by Target first.

Unnecessary trips to Target since joining my new gym: 4.

Target

After Target (I made it out spending less than $50, which was a miracle), I hit up the elliptical at the gym to test out a workout for next week’s Health post. I jotted down a rough workout with lots of intervals at home and then fine-tuned it at the gym. When I added in the Strides Per Minute (SPM), it made the workout so much harder because I couldn’t slack off. By the end, I was huffing and puffing and my quads and gluts burned. I definitely finished the workout having a new appreciation for the elliptical!

elliptical workout

After spending 30 minutes on the elliptical, I headed over to the treadmill and walked on an incline for 30 minutes while I watched Property Brothers, which is my new favorite home show. Every time I watch it, I tell Mal I want the Property Brothers to come visit us, so they can find and remodel a new house for us. I love their work, and it’s amazing to see their vision come to life, especially when the houses they buy are such sh*tholes. Ha!

property brothers

Tough Love: Bars, Bands & Blindfolds Bootcamp

MySportsClub peeps (BSC, NYSC, WSC, PSC): I just heard about a crazy-cool class that is being offered at select clubs this month. It’s called “Tough Love: Bars, Bands & Blindfolds Bootcamp:”

In honor of Valentine’s Day we are spicing up group fitness training with our new Tough Love bootcamp designed to heighten your senses and get your heart racing – in more ways than one. Using high-intensity interval training (HIIT), partner relays, blindfolded plyometrics, and moves with bands and blindfolds (a la 50 Shades of Grey), our no-holds-barred Tough Love: Bars, Bands & Blindfolds Bootcamp will build your stamina, strengthen your core and set your muscles on fire. Bring a friend, boyfriend, girlfriend, or come single and ready to mingle. This class turns up the heat to help you bring your “A-game” to the boudoir!

Tough_Love_Bootcamp_

Sounds interesting and fun, right? Non-members are welcomed too!!! If anyone takes it, please let me know how it is!

Questions of the Day

What’s your favorite home show?

What piece of equipment at the gym is undervalued in your opinion?

P.S. Be sure to enter my Valentine’s Day Scavenger Hunt! You can win a pair of custom Reebok sneakers!

Allie February 13, 2013 at 2:44 pm

omg I cannot stand the property brothers! They annoy me soo much! I’m a sucker for flip this house. I LOve the 3 guys from CT!

Wendy Irene February 13, 2013 at 3:04 pm

I am so excited for you about your trip to Hawaii! That is awesome. I love watching Property Brothers too! Their work is amazing. The other day I was watching a show about unbelievable pools on HGTV. Now I’m dreaming of one, ha! Have a great day :)

Rebecca @ Blueberry Smiles February 13, 2013 at 3:06 pm

Your green juice looks so cute– I really need to go get a juicer!

Chelsea @ Chelsea Eats Treats February 13, 2013 at 3:17 pm

I looove Property Brothers! I watch it every Saturday morning (and every time I can put it on without my boyfriend changing the channel) and it inspires me to be productive and do house-work/chores during the day :)

Daniela February 13, 2013 at 3:23 pm

I love Property Brothers!!! They need to come to my house and upgrade everything! Have fun in Hawaii!!

Cindy February 13, 2013 at 3:33 pm

Are you going to go to a Crossfit gym while in Hawaii? The owners of my box, Fitbodies Crossfit, in Bloomington, IL are in Hawaii right now. That would be awesome if you met them. They are WODding at Lahaina Crossfit. Let me know. I’ll pass along their names. Or you can go to the website http://www.fitbodiesmovement.com

Have a great trip!!!

Shel@PeachyPalate February 13, 2013 at 3:35 pm

The elliptical definitely because people don’t push themselves. I always write out workouts that include the SPM so it makes you stick to it! It’s up their with spinning for intensity! Can’t wait for the workout!

Suzanne February 13, 2013 at 3:38 pm

Our family loves Love It or List It! Enjoy your trip!!

Katherine February 13, 2013 at 3:50 pm
    Kelly@BalancedDaily February 13, 2013 at 4:00 pm

Love Property Brothers!-doesn’t hurt that they’re easy on the eyes. I also love House Hunters International- its so interesting seeing how different “normal” accommodations are in various countries. An under-appreciated gym tool are the bands to use for different resistance exercises.

Babs February 13, 2013 at 4:32 pm

That class sounds interesting. I think it’s fun to take a class with your partner. I do boxing with mine.

Danielle @ Truffles n' Treadmills February 13, 2013 at 5:31 pm

Can’t wait until you post the final draft of that workout! It looks like a tough one. I haven’t been to Target in sooo long :(

Corrie Anne February 13, 2013 at 5:32 pm

Fun — love watching house hunters at the gym!!

Angela February 13, 2013 at 7:40 pm

Chicken sausage for breakfast? :) I guess it’s a good boost of protein, but sounds funny.

Debbie Cohen February 13, 2013 at 8:09 pm

I used to hate the Property Brothers but now I love them. They take a little time to love. I also adore Scott on Income Property. have you seen this show? It’s addicting. First of all…he’s so cute. And it’s amazing what he does to some of these dives. Huse Hunters is another addiction

Christina @ The Beautiful Balance February 14, 2013 at 2:46 am

I believe the stair master is undervalued! I have done some pretty sweat-tastic HIIT on it and love it!

De @ Cooking for the Other Half February 14, 2013 at 7:51 am

I love House Hunters– I get sucked in so easily to that show.

I’m with you on the elliptical- I love it!

And Hawaii! So jealous.

Jennifer February 14, 2013 at 8:36 am

I am OBSESSED with Property Brothers, and Love It or List It. I literally cannot stop watching once I see they’re on. When I went to the gym, the elliptical was my machine of choice. Man I miss how much I used to get my butt kicked on that thing! Maybe I will make a trip to my apartment gym tonight.

Susanna February 14, 2013 at 9:41 am

I think the step mill is the most under used. Most people flock to the stair master but with the step mill you can not slack off! It is a much tougher workout and it simulates stairs more, and works your legs/butt more also. I love it!

Monique Gagnon February 14, 2013 at 12:34 pm

I teach for the BSC but haven’t heard of that class/workout:( I want to teach it or attend one of the classes! How fun!