• Would You Pay $100 for a Photo with a Celebrity?

January 15, 2013

THANK YOU for all of your wonderful breakfast ideas on my previous post! I can’t tell you how much I appreciate it. Now I have tons of new breakfasts to try out. You guys are awesome. Thanks, again!

After breakfast yesterday morning, I got my Sunday Monday Cook-up on. I usually do all of my prepping on Sunday for the upcoming week, but I was at the Wellness by the Water Retreat all day, so I did my cooking yesterday. I cooked and mashed butternut squash and red potatoes, roasted broccoli and summer squash, and hard-boiled a half dozen eggs.

010

I find that if I cook up all sort of goodies and have them ready to go in the refrigerator, I tend to make healthier choices all week long.

015

Do you do a weekly cook-up? What are some foods that you typically prepare?

Lunch

Since I had just cooked up a bunch of healthy foods, I used a few of them in my lunch yesterday. On the menu: roasted broccoli.

003

Roasted summer squash with Rosemary and Basil.

004

A hardboiled egg and a turkey burger with melted cheddar.

007

After lunch, I ate a few dates—I always wish they looked as pretty as they tasted.

009

Snack

A few hours later, I snacked on piece of gluten-free toast with peanut butter.

018

Dinner

When dinnertime rolled around, I threw together some Shepherd’s Pie made with mashed red potatoes, peas, and ground beef with melted cheddar on top. Holy yum! It was awesome!

062

I heard on the radio yesterday a story about singer Miranda Lambert, who has recently started posing for photos with fans in exchange for a $100 to benefit her Muttnation Foundation. She said that she’s regularly bombarded by picture requests while working in her shop in Tishomingo, Oklahoma, so she thought this arrangement would be the perfect solution.

MirandaDelilah
    [image source]

At first, I was like, whoa, she’s charging fans $100 to take a photo with her. That’s not cool. But, then when I realized the money would go to Muttnation and would benefit animals, I thought it was a great idea. Fans can get their photo taken with Miranda while raising money for a good cause. It’s a win-win and everyone benefits. I think if she were charging $100 for herself, it’d be a different story!

What do you think of Miranda’s arrangement? Would you pay $100 to get your photo taken with a celebrity? If so, who?

I’d definitely pay $100 to have my photo taken with Ellen or Ryan Reynolds!

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats January 15, 2013 at 11:35 am

That Shepherd’s Pie looks delicious! If I actually had a lot of money I’d consider paying $100 if the money went to charity.

Melissa A. January 15, 2013 at 11:51 am

Do you find reheating roasted broccoli laster tastes just as good? I want to eat more veggies, and I do like them roasted. But I find they get cold too fast, and then I don’t like them. I’ve also wondered if I did all the prep work ahead of time if I’d like them reheated later in the week. I guess I could just try it but am curious what you think. I don’t have a problem with other leftovers (I know some people hate reheating food).

Tina January 15, 2013 at 11:52 am

@Melissa A.: It’s not as crispy, but I still think it tastes good! :)

Ellie@Fit for the Soul January 15, 2013 at 12:15 pm

@Melissa A.: Perhaps you could under-roast them and then heat them up in the oven or micro next time and it won’t be soggy or burnt? :) Maybe it would work.

And hmmmm about the $100. I think it’s a great way to kill 2 birds with one stone! But $100 is a bit steep just in general, so if there were another method instead of taking a pic with a celebrity then I think it would be more reasonable. Or, at least for me, if it was for a cause like helping restore victims of human trafficking then I’d def. give $100! :D

Elisabeth January 15, 2013 at 11:56 am

I think Miranda’s idea is a good one, but $100 is a bit much – mayb $50? I’d pay for a photo with Ryan Reynolds, Richard Gere, Ryan Gosling or Ellen Degeneres ;)

Andrea January 15, 2013 at 12:25 pm

I would have the time of my life taking a whole say to prep little snacks and veggies for the whole week… such as roating veggies and making granola bars to take to campus for when I’m hungry instead of spending $1-$2 on a kashi or whatever brand. I find myself having a better week if I have a lot of healthy veggies on deck and ready to heat up, it’s like a jolt of excitement and energy!
    Okay I am definitely a Randy fan with her country attitude and great music but I definitely think there should be a poor college girl discount, such as $20? I love to give back and donate as much as I can but $100 would be a huuuuge stretch!

Katy @ HaveYouHurd January 15, 2013 at 12:53 pm

I do a lot of prep cooking on Sundays! Usually I put together casseroles or marinate meat! I make roasted red potatoes and also chop up veggies I know I’ll be using through out the week. I try to get as much done as possible without compromising taste in my meals for the week.

As for Miranda…while I understand the $$ goes to a good cause, a $100 is an awful lot of photos. I’m just picturing a little girl that wants to take a photo with her idol and not being able to because she doesn’t have $100 bucks. But I also understand it’s probably obnoxious getting asked for your photo 150 million times a day.

Nicole@ livingthesweetlifestl.wordpress.com January 15, 2013 at 12:54 pm

I don’t really get into celebrities too much so I don’t think I would pay any money to get my picture with them. But that is really nice that she is doing it for charity.

Jen @ Jens Best Life January 15, 2013 at 1:20 pm

I love Miranda Lambert’s arrangement. I would never ask for a picture with a celebrity, but for those who would, this is great — it helps charity and Miranda is probably going to feel less annoyed being “bothered” because she knows it’s for a good cause.

I’ve seen quite a few celebrities in New York, but I like to play the cool New Yorker card and just act like I don’t care even though I always call friends/family afterwards. I saw Victor Garber (Titanic, Alias, a lot of other shows) on a run one time and called my parents while running I was so excited!

Kristen January 15, 2013 at 1:28 pm

The Shepards Pie looks awesome! Last Sunday I prepped the veges (celery, onions, pepper, garlic) and meat (chicken, shrimp and garlic chicken sausage) for my semi-healthy Jambalaya. I ate some last night for dinner and it was delish. I know I’ll eat the whole batch myself, so I brought some in for my co-worker.

Sara @ The Foodie Diaries January 15, 2013 at 1:30 pm

At first, my immediate reaction was no way! But then I thought about it and HOW COOL would it be to pay $100 to take a photo with your favorite celebrity? You’d get to meet them and talk with them AND have a photo as a souvenir – all while contributing to a great cause. I would DEFINITELY do it :)

Sloane @ Life Food and Beer January 15, 2013 at 3:54 pm

I would pay $100 for a photo with Ryan Reynolds too!!

Angela January 15, 2013 at 4:26 pm

I’m not sure that I would… maybe knowing that it goes to a good charity it would sway me, but I don’t think I’d want a picture that badly. Not sure?

Andrea January 15, 2013 at 4:52 pm

What kind of gluten free bread do you eat? I’m recently GF and haven’t really expanded my eating to many GF products yet, but I’m gonna want a sandwich sooner or later…thanks!

Tina January 16, 2013 at 7:33 am

Rudis! :)

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin January 15, 2013 at 6:22 pm

I don’t have a meal prep day like this, but I always make leftovers of my dinners so that I have fast, healthy meals for the next few days!

I’d pay $100 for a picture with Ryan Gosling if the money went to a really good cause that I believe in. :D

CampingGirl January 15, 2013 at 7:04 pm

I cook breakfast (crockpot oatmeal) and lunch (soup) every Sunday for the week. It makes putting meals together really easy.

Angela@The Chicken Scoop January 15, 2013 at 7:16 pm

Great idea to charge for the photo as a donation but a bummer for me as I would not be able to just give up $100. That’s a lot of money for some people and it would be sad for those who couldn’t just write her a check!
    ~Ang

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More January 15, 2013 at 8:40 pm

A reminder that I really need to make hard boiled eggs, especially because I’ve been CRAVING them!!

Tina January 16, 2013 at 7:29 am

They’re such a great snack!

Alex @ Raw Recovery January 15, 2013 at 8:59 pm

Ellen and Ryan are good choices! I don’t know who I’d pick but both of those would be up there! Oh now I know–Stephen Colbert. He’s my favorite person…ever :)

Tina January 16, 2013 at 7:29 am

LOVE Stephen Colbert! I’d pay $100 to have my pic with him! :)

Dana January 15, 2013 at 9:01 pm

Yay cook-up post! :) I was doing my own HB eggs but have discovered a grocery store that carries bags of 1 doz. HB eggs so I’ve been taking advantage of that!

CC January 15, 2013 at 10:15 pm

love the cookup! I usually prep two main dishes (this week is was a paleo sweet potato chili and some taco meat) that can be used a couple of ways (like on top of a salad or in a baked potato or in a lettuce wrap) so that’s what I eat during the week vs. having to start from scratch after a day at work. I eat a lot better when all of that good stuff is staring back at me from the fridge and when I get the nibbles, it’s ready to go (and there go my excuses as well) — Have you ever baked your eggs instead of HB? saw that on pinterest & haven’t tried it yet!

Tina January 16, 2013 at 7:28 am

Paleo Sweet Potato Chili? Do you happen to have a recipe? Sounds delish! :)

Never tried baking my eggs before– like in the shell?

Bree January 16, 2013 at 4:23 am

I like what she is doing. I think she means well. I am sure she still poses for free with fans too, it would be hard to tell a child that you won’t take a picture with them until they fork over $100. LOL! I wonder how much she has raised for Muttnation???

Adrianna January 16, 2013 at 8:55 am

absolutely ELLEN!!! if Portia could get in, too, I’d likely die.

Alyssa January 16, 2013 at 7:49 pm

I almost always roast up any sweet potatoes in advance, I always chop up and mix all my fresh fruit for the week too. Oh, and I will usually boil up at least 18 eggs (the hubs and I each eat 2 a day) and then will make a frittata occasionally. I make my lunch (or full days worth of food) each night and its much less painful when I can combine pre-made items than making new meal items all night!

I would only pay if the entire cost was going to charity!