• 8 Delicious Recipes to Celebrate National Peanut Butter Day

January 24, 2013

Happy National Peanut Butter Day! Obviously, today is one of my favorite days of the year—I mean, I practically eat a jar per week—so here are some delicious peanut butter recipes to help you celebrate the day! ENJOY!

What’s your favorite peanut butter recipe? Please share!

Claire @ Flake and Cake January 24, 2013 at 1:40 pm

Haha that picture of Murphy is adorable! He seems to love PB just as much as me! Thanks for the recipes Tina!

Peggi Konvicka January 24, 2013 at 1:49 pm

With the nut butter cookie for one, if I do not have liquid egg whites would the amount be 1 egg white from an egg? Let me know as I would love to try this :)

Tina January 24, 2013 at 2:19 pm

@Peggi Konvicka: 2 tbsp of liquid egg whites would be a small/medium regular egg white. It should work just fine! :)

Kristen January 24, 2013 at 1:53 pm

I love peanutbutter brownies, so if I had to pick one favorite pb recipe this would probably be it. I just recently tried peanutbutter balls with crushed pretzels and heath bar inside and then dipped in melted chocolate-amazing. I am looking forward to trying the Brownie in a Mug recipe!

Carrie @ Fitness and Frozen Grapes January 24, 2013 at 2:00 pm

I need to try the nut butter cookie for one! To celebrate this tasty holiday, I baked a loaf of peanut butter banana bread this afternoon–yum! :)

Lisa January 24, 2013 at 2:01 pm

I love the picture of Murphy. Awesome. I’m kind of obsessed with peanut butter. Well, I love peanut flour more; but I think my favorite way to use peanut butter is in healthier cookies!

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More January 24, 2013 at 2:02 pm

I love a simple homemade peanut butter! I also just love to put peanut butter on top of something like plain rice cakes and sweet potatoes. YUM!

Angela January 24, 2013 at 2:04 pm

Oh my, I think those 3 ingredient PB cookies are in my future. Love simple recipes like this! Thank you!

While on the topic of PB: I used to love eating PBJ sandwiches for lunch, but now avoid bread/grains because I have felt a vast improvement in my tummy. Any ideas on how to still have the idea of “PBJ” for lunch without the grains?

Tina January 24, 2013 at 2:19 pm

@Angela: What about gluten-free bread?

Angela January 24, 2013 at 2:28 pm

@Tina: Trying to avoid most grains, even gluten-free. Though I’m thinking maybe your almond-flour english muffin might do the trick.

Kristy January 24, 2013 at 4:22 pm

@Angela: I just made a recipe from pbfingers.com ~ Roasted chickpeas with pb. When you roast them and get them nice and crispy and dry, they kind of create a bread-like feel because they are a bit starchy. Maybe you could mix a little jelly in there too. I threw in a few raisins. It can satisfy a pb j craving.

Grace @ PracticingGrace January 24, 2013 at 2:05 pm

I feel like this holiday has gotta be everyday. Thanks for the recipe list!

Ally January 24, 2013 at 2:06 pm

Hi Kath,

I have a question about tuna. I normally buy the low sodium kind (I eat the entire 120 gram can in one meal for myself). But I could only buy regular tuna today. The ingredients are : skipjack tuna, water, and salt. And the sodium for the entire can is 300 mg…is that still a CLEAN, healthy , real choice? I hope so…

I also eat a lot of fish (mainly sardines and salmon, also halibut, cod, and tuna occasionally …usually 5 nights a week. Too much?).

Tina January 24, 2013 at 2:37 pm

I think you have the wrong blog! ;)

Kristen @ Change of Pace January 24, 2013 at 2:08 pm

What I love about this post and those recipes is you could actually use any nut butter for them. :)

Tina January 24, 2013 at 2:20 pm
    Bianca @ Confessions of a Chocoholic January 24, 2013 at 2:32 pm

I just tweeted about National Peanut Butter day, too! Here’s one of my favorite recipes: Salted Peanut Butter Fudge :) http://www.confessionsofachocoholic.com/chocolate/salted-peanut-butter-fudge

Hillary | Nutrition Nut on the Run January 24, 2013 at 2:42 pm

That is such a fun pic of Murph!

Yay for PB – I love PB & banana pancakes.

Hillary | Nutrition Nut on the Run January 24, 2013 at 4:17 pm
    Tina January 24, 2013 at 4:28 pm

Yummmmmm!

sara @ fitcupcaker January 24, 2013 at 2:43 pm

I made an awesome protein power ball recipe with peanut butter! Who doesnt LOVE pb!

Danielle @ Truffles n' Treadmills January 24, 2013 at 2:58 pm

Happy PB Day! Great recipes!

Eating 4 Balance January 24, 2013 at 2:59 pm

@Tina: I ditto this request! :) Rudi’s bread is awesome, but the grains do bother my stomach still… I think they use rice and millet. Anyways, have you ever tried one of those paleo bread recipes, with nut butter, eggs, squash, etc? Just wondering if they turn out as well as everyone says they do!

Eating 4 Balance January 24, 2013 at 3:01 pm

@Eating 4 Balance: @Angela: Err. That was supposed to be a reply to Angela’s comment above. Something funky with this comment section. Hope this one doesn’t get goofed up too! :D

Tina January 24, 2013 at 3:03 pm

@Angela: @Eating 4 Balance: I made this recipe for Paleo Bread awhile back, and it was really good! http://www.elanaspantry.com/paleo-bread/

Eating 4 Balance January 24, 2013 at 3:30 pm

@Tina: Looks great! I’ll have to try that out as soon as I can have nuts. I’m doing GAPS Intro right now and I can’t wait to be able to start baking some things :)

Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction January 24, 2013 at 3:01 pm

Anything and everything with PB is great in my book! I love Better n’ Peanut Butter! It’s my favorite brand!!

Nicole@TheKidlessKronicles January 24, 2013 at 3:44 pm

I have a new one I am dying to try. It is magic bars but with the mini-pb cups and pb. YUM.

The Kidless Kronicles

Nicole January 24, 2013 at 3:51 pm

Adorable photo!!!
    I like to make these “Peanut Butter Bombs” http://wp.me/p263ht-aF

Tina January 24, 2013 at 4:18 pm

@Nicole: YUM!

Kelly @ Kelly the Culinarian January 24, 2013 at 4:26 pm

I also share a huge passion for peanut butter. I’m always on the look out for a new favorite brand, especially since Costco stopped carrying their house brand.

In the healthy peanut butter recipe category, I love these baked peanut butter oatmeal breakfast bars: http://www.kellytheculinarian.com/2012/02/cooking-with-kelly-peanut-butter.html

And in the not-so-healthy column, these no-bake peanut butter pretzel bites are AMAZING: http://www.kellytheculinarian.com/2011/12/stand-mixer-sunday-no-bake-chocolate.html

Tina January 24, 2013 at 4:28 pm

Thank you for these! :)

Avery @ Southern Belle Living Well January 24, 2013 at 6:09 pm

Like Kelly, I have a healthy, and a not-so-healthy recipe I LOVE with peanut butter. For healthy, I really enjoy making a peanut butter smoothie with almond milk, a whole banana, a serving of PB2, and 1Tbs. Peanut butter. On the not-so-healthy, there’s a recipe from Peanut Butter Fingers, that is incredibly easy. 1 cup peanut butter, 1 cup sugar, and 1 whole egg. Mix together and roll into balls, baking at 350 for 10 minutes. Mmmm…not the healthiest, but they sure are tasty!

Tina January 24, 2013 at 6:15 pm

I love that cookie recipe too! I’ve been making it for years!

Em @ living & learning January 24, 2013 at 8:19 pm

Love these!!! Can’t wait to make them. Thanks for sharing (:

Alyssa January 24, 2013 at 8:22 pm

Probably those peanut butter flower cookies with kisses in the middle!

Tina January 24, 2013 at 9:43 pm

Buckeyes! Maybe they’re an Ohio thing, but they are AMAZING!

Luv What You Do January 24, 2013 at 10:36 pm

I just posted some of my faves…includin your monkey bars. So much peanut butter…so little time!

absolute health fitness January 25, 2013 at 5:07 am

Peanut butters are really good! I love peanut butters.

Stephanie January 25, 2013 at 1:01 pm

Thank you for posting these! I don’t know what I would do without peanut butter!