• New Yoga Gear from Reebok’s Studio Collection

January 24, 2013

Good morning! Happy Thursday!

Breakfast

Yesterday’s breakfast was a little random, but it was, oh, so delicious. Listen to this mix of goodies: mashed sweet potato with Coconut Cinnamon Apples, chopped walnuts, and a big scoop of Teddie peanut butter. Mmm! It was tasty, nutritious, and super-duper satisfying—the combination of ingredients keep me full for hours and hours.

019 (750x563)

Making the Coconut Cinnamon Apples was really simple: Just slice up an apple (any variety will work) and then pan-sear them in one tablespoon of coconut oil. Cook for a few minutes (longer if you prefer really soft apples) and then sprinkle with cinnamon.

Coconut_Fried_Apples

Boom! Coconut Cinnamon Apples! They’re super easy to make and add some serious deliciousness to a meal or snack.

coconut_cinnamon_apples

Workout

A few hours after breakfast, a special package arrived at my house. Inside was a bunch of goodies from Reebok’s new Studio Collection (aka workout gear for yoga, Pilates, barre):

• Yoga Capri in black: A casual relaxed capri that gives you a little extra room to move and uses a soft bamboo fabric. The material features PlayDry technology which moves moisture and improves ventilation.
    • Yoga Hoodie in aqua vapor: This cozy and edgy pullover is loose fitting with a cropped cut for effortless layering. It also features our PlayDry technology that moves moisture and aids in ventilation.
    • Yoga Long Bra in wicked blue: With a fitted athletic design that contours to your body, this bra top will not get in your way or slow you down during high performance exercises. This top also features PlayDry technology and removable cookies for performance ready support.

Reebok has actually partnered with the Founder of Strala Yoga, Tara Stiles, to create this new product line. Cool, right?

reebok yoga gear

These goodies arrived just in time for my lunchtime hot yoga class, so, obviously, I needed to wear them and test them out. The Yoga Capris, unfortunately, were too big for me, so I only wore the Yoga Long Bra and Yoga Hoodie to class.

025 (563x750)

The style, color, and fit of the Yoga Long Bra… LOVE. It is totally something I would buy for myself. The fit is very flattering—long and slimming—with a racerback that shows off the shoulders and upper back. I especially loved the length since hit below my hips and the form-fittingness (hey, that’s actually a word!) kept it in place so it didn’t move around or leave my stomach exposed during down dogs or inversions.

Reebok_Yoga_Long_Bra

It even stayed in place when I was doing headstands!

049 (563x750) (563x750)

Ok, it’s not the best picture, but it was really hot after class and my camera was really cold from sitting out in the waiting room, so there was some serious fogging going on. But, you get the idea, right? The tank stayed put!

So, I have to admit, the Yoga Hoodie isn’t something I would normally buy for myself. I guess if I saw it on a rack at a store, I’d automatically assume I couldn’t pull it off, so I’m really glad Reebok sent it to me to try out. I’m definitely going to rock it at my studio classes now. It’s soft and cozy and perfect for wearing while warming-up your body during the first few poses of yoga class. I also really loved the color. Most of my workout gear is black and other dark colors, so I’m happy to add a little variety and brighten up my collection.

Reebok_Yoga_Hoodie_001

Health News & Views

A piece of fruit. A container of yogurt. A handful of almonds. Do these snacks sound familiar? And boring? Here are some delicious, nutritious, and, most importantly, satisfying snacks that will keep both your taste buds and stomach satisfied!

5 Satisfying Snacks That Won’t Wreck Your Diet

What color are most of your clothes—both workout gear and regular clothes? Do you tend to buy a lot of the same colors or do you mix it up?

Both my workout gear and regular clothes include a lot of gray, navy, black, and purple. I’m starting to add more color though and less and less of my regular clothes are dark colors—the pug people know what I’m taking about. Those little dogs shed like crazy!!!

Annette@FitnessPerks January 24, 2013 at 12:47 pm

That top looks awesome!

I looooovvee bright colors. Love ‘em. I probably have too much of it. Hah. I also love dark colors mixed in though–so usually a brighter top with darker bottom or vice versa. It just adds some pizzaz and matches my personality so much better! PLus all my shoes are bright colors too :)

Amy @Macncheesenpeas January 24, 2013 at 1:15 pm

LOVE those yoga clothes, I want them!!! Where do you go to hot yoga?

Tina January 24, 2013 at 5:00 pm

@Amy @Macncheesenpeas: Open Doors! :)

Katie January 24, 2013 at 2:58 pm

I have a lot of black workout clothes, which I really need to change. I always go to find stuff to wear and find myself with all black options. I need to get some color!

Danielle @ Truffles n' Treadmills January 24, 2013 at 4:19 pm

All of my workout pants and capris are black but I have a wide variety of colors in my workout shorts. My t-shirts include a lot of grey, red, and white but I have a few other colors that I wear. I normally don’t really care if I match or not to workout depending on where I am working out at!

broccolihut January 24, 2013 at 6:38 pm

My workout wardrobe is pretty multicolored, but I tend to gravitate toward pink and gray.

meghan @ struggle muffins January 24, 2013 at 7:05 pm

Holy smokes did you take the noon class at Open Doors in Weymouth? I was in that class – its one of my favorite teachers! I have a ton of black and gray yoga clothes but I’ve started adding some serious brights to the mix – was wearing supremely bright blue capris in yoga yesterday and they brought my energy right up.

Alyssa January 24, 2013 at 8:25 pm

I’m into this new trend of buying outrageously bright workout clothes…probably because I wear a uniform daily. It’s my hour of self expression :-)

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More January 24, 2013 at 9:20 pm

Looks cute! And I like the capris you ended up wearing – what are those?!

Tina January 24, 2013 at 9:24 pm

Reebok! :)

(Un)intentional Happenings January 25, 2013 at 6:51 am

Reebok has such great stuff lately. I wish there was store near me. Is there a particular department store I should check out to find more Reebok gear.

Monica January 25, 2013 at 9:44 am

You come up with the strangest healthy delicious sounding food combos. Way to think outside the box!!

Angela@The Chicken Scoop January 25, 2013 at 12:38 pm

I stick with black pants but I go crazy with top colors. Anything bright and fun! I’m not always a fan of prints though. Those are few in my collection :)
    ~Ang

Kelly@BalancedDaily January 25, 2013 at 3:41 pm

I love tanks that are long enough to cover and not ride up when you’re trying to focus just on moving during exercise. Most of my workout clothes are black, blue and other dark colors except for two shirt I have that are super (too) bright. I like the light blue!

irritable bowel syndrome January 28, 2013 at 3:00 am

awesome work…i go crazy with top colors..

Ringing in your ears February 1, 2013 at 6:22 am

I looooovvee bright colors.I stick with black pants but I go crazy with top colors.

pimplepimples.com February 1, 2013 at 8:14 am

I stick with black pants but I go crazy with top colors.