• My First Meal of 2013

January 2, 2013

My new year started off on the right foot with a delicious OMG Pancake breakfast!

I {heart} pancakes in a major way.

020

For some added staying power, I topped my pancakes with Teddie peanut butter. My method: smear a little on each pancake while they’re hot and then put the stack back together, so the nut butter gets all melt-y and delicious. Mmmmm!

022

I also ate a couple of pieces of bacon and drank a glass of decaf iced coffee with almond milk for breakfast.

028

After breakfast, Mal and I took Murphy for a “nature walk” in the woods near our house.

033

Adventure pug!

039

042

Murphy is typically pretty good off-leash, but sometimes he does his own thing and won’t listen to us, so we brought along some “Rachel Rays” to keep his interest.

034

(Chalupa) Batman, my sister’s dog, is OBSESSED—like crazy-obsessed—with “Rachel Rays,” so my sister gave me some for Murphy, and he’s just as mental about them. I don’t know what it’s them… it’s just dried dog food that we use as treats, but dogs love them. And they worked great for making sure Murphy obeyed us out in the woods.

043

He’s incredibly motivated by food.

041

045

During our walk, Mal and Murphy got into an intense game of Stick Pug-O-War.

049

052

054

056

058

Freaks.

059

I think Mal let Murphy win.

063

062

These two are cute.

064

What was your first meal of 2013?

P.S. The fitmixer Boot Camp starts on January 14th, so there’s still time to register. CNC readers get 25% off registration with the code CNCBC25.

Melissa January 2, 2013 at 9:10 pm

Oatmeal with peanut butter and chocolate chips and milk with a pear and coffee, post 4.5 mile run.

Lauren January 2, 2013 at 11:48 pm

LOVE The League reference!

Tracy January 4, 2013 at 12:22 am

Yeah, does anyone really care what your first meal of the year was? Or is that only interesting to people who have nothing better in life? I’m bored by your boring food and Crossfit posts. You need a real job or some kids or something.

Tina January 4, 2013 at 6:37 am

There are literally THOUSANDS of blogs you can read. If you are bored with mine, STOP reading it. Simple as that!

Betsy January 4, 2013 at 10:02 am

Any idea how many calories are in these? I made them and love them. Just watching my intake for the year :)

V January 5, 2013 at 2:14 am

I read that nasty comment above and though I’m sure you get this all the time — I just wanted to say that I love your blog, and I REALLY look forward to reading your posts everyday! It’s really amazing to be able to read about your experiences and learn from them. You are so inspiring and have really motivated me to reach my health and fitness goals. Thank you!

Tina January 5, 2013 at 7:37 am
    Chiropractic Manager January 9, 2013 at 4:33 am

Can I also fry eggs and stack them with these yummy pancakes and peanut butter? This is the best breakfast treat I’ve ever seen this year. I never knew peanut butter would be a good combination for pancakes, great!